Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tepilocustomer
    • By tepilocustomer 13th Jan 19, 11:06 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tepilocustomer
    Help please if possible
    • 13th Jan 19, 11:06 AM
    Help please if possible 13th Jan 19 at 11:06 AM
    Hi, I was trying to sell my house last year and I signed up with Tepilo and agreed to pay them at the end of the contract which will be later this year. To do this I had to agree to a loan with a third party loan provider for 895. The house did not sell, I only had one viewing and I think it was in December that I was told that Tepilo, now part of Emoov, had gone bust and my home would no longer be marketed.

I have since heard from this loan provider saying that I will need to pay for the period of 5 months of marketing by Tepilo, and they are asking but not demanding that I pay about half of the 895. If I accept the offer, I have to sign a form and send it back to them.

I do not want to pay this money, and I am wondering about the legalities of this. As I see it, the product that I purchased was for 10 months of marketing. This is not proratable as per the contract. Therefore I did not receive the product so I should not have to pay.

I would be glad if anyone could advise me about this, or point me in the right direction. Thanks.
Page 1
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 13th Jan 19, 1:37 PM
    • 4,253 Posts
    • 3,260 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 13th Jan 19, 1:37 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 1:37 PM
    The legalities of this is you signed a contract with a third party for a loan of 895 so you owe the finance. The finance and the loan are separate things. Whilst you're right you shouldn't have to pay Tepilo you do have to pay the finance company.

You MIGHT however have a claim under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act if the loan agreement specified it was for this service. It would seem the finance company recognise you do and their responsibility under that which is why they're making the offer of paying half of the 895.

You could by all means refuse but if they took you to court they would win because you had 50% of the service you paid for and they're giving you a 50% discount on the finance. It could be that if the loan agreement made no mention of it being for the Tepilo service that you're actually liable to pay the whole of the loan.

Accept the offer and pay the 50%, it is as good as you're going to get.
    • tepilocustomer
    • By tepilocustomer 13th Jan 19, 5:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tepilocustomer
    • 13th Jan 19, 5:03 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 5:03 PM
    Thanks for reply.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

255Posts Today

2,072Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As normal I am signing off twitter for the weekend - to spend time with mini and Mrs MSE. Hope you have a wonderfu? https://t.co/FG3sRfkIgA

• RT @LauraFrancis9: Top crew! We may film in the freeeeeeeezing cold every week, but this bunch make it fun. (And huge thanks as always to @?

• Turns out this is all Google served. We've been in touch and it's shutting it down which should cut it on many webs? https://t.co/8OYeMjEu4n

• Follow Martin