Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • indiegirl
    • By indiegirl 13th Jan 19, 10:08 AM
    • 1,067Posts
    • 531Thanks
    indiegirl
    PCN Glasgow City Council
    • 13th Jan 19, 10:08 AM
    PCN Glasgow City Council 13th Jan 19 at 10:08 AM
    Hi,

I received a PCN which I've appealed based on zero signs available in the area in which I parked.

A friend told me that in England if you appeal the time limit freezes at the point of appeal.
    Does anyone know if this is the same in Scotland?

Glasgow City Council say they may take up to 20 working days to review my appeal, which exceeds their "pay it within 14 days and it's reduced by 50%" offer.

I have appealed because the bays in which I parked had no obvious sign to suggest that payment or a permit was required, yet the attendant took a photo of a sign that was over halfway down the street on the other side of the road, next to different styles of parking bays. Before leaving my car I checked for any signs to indicate that payment was required and could not find a sign. I believe I am able to appeal based on lack of clear and obvious signage.

I'm just worried that because the attendant has taken a photo of a sign nowhere near where I parked, they'll dismiss my appeal, take >14 days and I'll have to pay the full amount.

Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jan 19, 10:11 AM
    • 21,324 Posts
    • 33,594 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Jan 19, 10:11 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 10:11 AM
    Please ask on PePiPoo.

As we major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets. Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work - try using a gmail account instead if you do have trouble registering) and post a new thread; here's your link:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=30

Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate) as they need to see all the small print.

PePiPoo has an excellent success record in dealing with council tickets.

HTH
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

245Posts Today

1,775Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As normal I am signing off twitter for the weekend - to spend time with mini and Mrs MSE. Hope you have a wonderfu? https://t.co/FG3sRfkIgA

• RT @LauraFrancis9: Top crew! We may film in the freeeeeeeezing cold every week, but this bunch make it fun. (And huge thanks as always to @?

• Turns out this is all Google served. We've been in touch and it's shutting it down which should cut it on many webs? https://t.co/8OYeMjEu4n

• Follow Martin