Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • snagrat
    • By snagrat 13th Jan 19, 9:45 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 2Thanks
    snagrat
    Follow up PCN, but initial one not received
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:45 AM
    Follow up PCN, but initial one not received 13th Jan 19 at 9:45 AM
    I have received a PCN reminder but I never received the initial letter.

It is from Premier Parking Solutions, Newton Abbot and seems to relate to me parking in a shopping center car park for 3.5 hours. Having looked at the car park today it does state that you can only stay for 3 hours. For the whole 3.5 hours we were shopping and spent close to £500 before Christmas.

The latest letter says that appeal is now closed as I didnít respond to the initial letter and I must pay or it will go to court.

What are my options now?

Obviously I donít want to pay, I donít feel i should bed to when I was using the car park genuinely for shopping.
Page 1
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 13th Jan 19, 11:06 AM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 2,798 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 13th Jan 19, 11:06 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 11:06 AM
    You contact the shopping centre and complain that, due to them infesting the car park with scammers (word as used in Parliament) your £500 might cost you £600 and you are considering bringing it all back for a refund so you can pay the PPC's fake invoice! Insist they get it cancelled.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jan 19, 5:43 PM
    • 65,892 Posts
    • 78,378 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jan 19, 5:43 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 5:43 PM
    Definitely a STRONG complain to the retail Manager and copy in the landowner/property agent who runs the retail park (Google the place).

Many will cancel on the spot.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

823Posts Today

7,286Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: Should motorists be taxed more or less? It has been reported 10 councils are considering work? https://t.co/anFmUlSTYz

• Yes MONSOON IS WRONG. Even with sales items you've 14 days to notify of returns & 14 days after that to return 'em? https://t.co/ZCBrcy3pe7

• RT @paullewismoney: People who were students 1990-97 are being offered the chance to pay off half their unpaid student loan and the other h?

• Follow Martin