Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tinymanbig
    • By Tinymanbig 12th Jan 19, 11:28 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tinymanbig
    Sat in car and provided fine
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:28 PM
    Sat in car and provided fine 12th Jan 19 at 11:28 PM
    I was sat in car and I had stopped at safe location from the busy road, due to I was lost and had to check my navigation. The parking warden walked by and looked at me while my car engine was still running while i was sorting my navigation out. The warden then walked to back of my car and was fully aware what I was doing he later filed a parking fine stating he was providing me a ticket while I driven off. Which I was unaware of him even doing any ticket as he did not come to the front of the car of asked me what can I do ?
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 12th Jan 19, 11:30 PM
    • 5,240 Posts
    • 6,832 Thanks
    waamo
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:30 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:30 PM
    Council or private parking company?
    This space for hire.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Jan 19, 11:51 PM
    • 21,324 Posts
    • 33,594 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:51 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:51 PM
    Further thread .....

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5949774
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Jan 19, 8:39 AM
    • 11,492 Posts
    • 11,584 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:39 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:39 AM
    Council ticket apparently.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 13th Jan 19, 8:45 AM
    • 9,825 Posts
    • 15,108 Thanks
    worried jim
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:45 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:45 AM
    Broken down in the original post on double yellows, now checking a map.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jan 19, 9:02 AM
    • 21,324 Posts
    • 33,594 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:02 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:02 AM
    Broken down in the original post on double yellows, now checking a map.
    Originally posted by worried jim
    He needs to make his mind up what it is before he posts on PePiPoo. It can't be both issues, surely?
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 13th Jan 19, 9:08 AM
    • 3,352 Posts
    • 4,505 Thanks
    unforeseen
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:08 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:08 AM
    Broken down on yellow lines and checking map for nearest garage?
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 13th Jan 19, 9:59 AM
    • 3,713 Posts
    • 2,768 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:59 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:59 AM
    I was sat in car.........
    Originally posted by Tinymanbig
    I was sitting in the car........
    This immediately gives away (possibly) who was driving and loses the ability to claim POFA protection.
    Surely you weren't checking navigation but, having read (or were still reading) the signs, you were deciding whether or not to accept the terms of parking.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jan 19, 10:06 AM
    • 21,324 Posts
    • 33,594 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Jan 19, 10:06 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 10:06 AM
    This immediately gives away (possibly) who was driving and loses the ability to claim POFA protection.
    Surely you weren't checking navigation but, having read (or were still reading) the signs, you were deciding whether or not to accept the terms of parking.
    Originally posted by Le_Kirk
    Can't get PoFA Protection - it's a council ticket.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 13th Jan 19, 11:01 AM
    • 3,713 Posts
    • 2,768 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Can't get PoFA Protection - it's a council ticket.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Oops, wasn't clear from the thread as OP has not returned. Still, I got in my point about poor grammar!
    • Tinymanbig
    • By Tinymanbig 13th Jan 19, 12:32 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tinymanbig
    Please note these 2 parking tickets are separate incidents, me being parked with the car running and being provided with a parking fine when I had no clue of it happening and the parking warden waited for me to drive off and provide a ticket
    Do they get commission ?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jan 19, 12:38 PM
    • 38,540 Posts
    • 86,414 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    You need to tell us if these were private or council.
    If council, go to pepipoo.com

If private it's not a fine, you haven't given us enough information to help you, but all the help you do need is in the sticky thread for NEWBIES.

Also if private, you need to edit your post to remove information about who was sat in the car. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people.

Stopping and parking are not the same thing, but parking is still parking whether someone is or isn't in the car or whether the engine is or isn't running.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-01-2019 at 12:41 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

239Posts Today

1,673Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As normal I am signing off twitter for the weekend - to spend time with mini and Mrs MSE. Hope you have a wonderfu? https://t.co/FG3sRfkIgA

• RT @LauraFrancis9: Top crew! We may film in the freeeeeeeezing cold every week, but this bunch make it fun. (And huge thanks as always to @?

• Turns out this is all Google served. We've been in touch and it's shutting it down which should cut it on many webs? https://t.co/8OYeMjEu4n

• Follow Martin