Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tinymanbig
    • By Tinymanbig 12th Jan 19, 11:23 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tinymanbig
    Debt companys
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:23 PM
    Debt companys 12th Jan 19 at 11:23 PM
    I received a letter from the debt collectors stating they need a payment of 426.00 I am not sure what I can do as the original fine before going to debt collectors was 113.00. However, I have contacted the debt company advising I'm willing to make a payment for the original amount even though I had an dispute with the fine as the car had broken down and I had parked it in smythe double yellow lines with the hazards on until my return to the car I can see the parking warden placing an ticket while I also stated to him at the time. However, speaking to the debt company they want the full payment of 426.00 which o do not believe I'm obliged to pay but the debt company is not accepting me to make a payment for the 113.00 . What can I do ???
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Jan 19, 11:28 PM
    • 13,709 Posts
    • 15,006 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:28 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:28 PM
    What can I do ???
    Originally posted by Tinymanbig
    Ignore debt collectors.

Certainly never speak to debt collectors.

That is the message clearly spelt out in post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

There is no fine - just a speculative invoice.

Who is the parking company?

What is the alleged transgression?
    • Johno100
    • By Johno100 12th Jan 19, 11:30 PM
    • 4,346 Posts
    • 5,360 Thanks
    Johno100
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:30 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:30 PM
    Is this ticket from a private parking company or a local council?
    • Tinymanbig
    • By Tinymanbig 12th Jan 19, 11:34 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tinymanbig
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:34 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:34 PM
    City council has given the fine to a company known as marston group
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Jan 19, 11:49 PM
    • 22,589 Posts
    • 35,571 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:49 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:49 PM
    As we major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets. Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work - try using a gmail account instead if you do have trouble registering) and post a new thread; here's your link:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=30

Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate) as they need to see all the small print.

PePiPoo has an excellent success record in dealing with council tickets.

HTH
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,310Posts Today

6,883Users online

Martin's Twitter