Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lynxzy
    • By Lynxzy 12th Jan 19, 10:11 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lynxzy
    Reply from CPM after appeal
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:11 PM
    Reply from CPM after appeal 12th Jan 19 at 10:11 PM
    Hi there,

First of all I have read the newbie thread and was a little confused past this point.

I used the IPC Template to appeal to a CPM invoice I got. I was parked in a spot where I work. It is a closed business estate with bays marked with numbers (to represent the unit number) and I was parked in a bay that was another units. This was my bad, as I was new to the job and was told that all bays were fine to be used as other units did not mind others using them.

Essentially, on the business estate, when someone is parked somewhere they shouldn’t be, someone from a unit will call CPM to get them to come and give them a ticket. They don’t actually have a warden there each day. There are NO permits for any cars, so there is no clear indication to say that you are eligible to park on the business estate. It is purely down to people “dobbing” others in. I was unaware there was one unit that had too much free time and loved justice on people using their bays.

I received this reply from CPM after my appeal and now I am slightly unsure on how to proceed:

Thank you for your appeal against the above PCN.
    We have carefully considered your appeal but on this occasion, I am writing to inform you that your appeal has been unsuccessful as a breach of the terms and conditions of parking occurred. The decision has been made on the basis that:
    Our records indicate that vehicle registration ****** (as shown in the photographic evidence above) was not authorised to be parked at the location, therefore the above vehicle is in breach of the terms and conditions stipulated on all signage displayed within the car park.
    It is the driver’s responsibility when leaving their vehicle unattended to observe the area and check parking is permitted. There is clear signage placed throughout the parking areas stating that the land is private property and restrictions apply.
    The photographic evidence of your vehicle ( which can be viewed online ) shows that you are within a clear view of one of the many warning signs throughout the development. All signage states the terms and conditions of parking within the restricted area. Upon reading the signage you have contractually agreed to pay a parking charge fee as restrictions were breached. It is

the driver’s responsibility to ensure parking is permitted prior to leaving the vehicle unattended within the restricted area.
    Please note. All photographic evidence that was taken at the time of the contravention can be viewed in full on... url

How would I proceed past this point? I assumed from the Newbie thread that I do nothing, but wasn’t sure.

Thank you for taking the time to read.
Page 1
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 12th Jan 19, 10:35 PM
    • 3,347 Posts
    • 4,088 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:35 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:35 PM
    did you admit to being the driver (just as you have done above on an open forum?)

did or do the letters from the parking Co FULLY comply with the POFa ?

they state "It is the driver’s responsibility when leaving their vehicle unattended to observe the area and check parking is permitted." however if you did not admit to driving and/or they have failed regarding POFa , then they are snookered and you tell them to go after driver
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Lynxzy
    • By Lynxzy 12th Jan 19, 10:55 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lynxzy
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:55 PM
    I did not no, I just used the template and did not ever admit any driver.

Regarding POFa - they received the details via the DVLA on the original letter. I did not get a windscreen ticket but instead received a letter. Is this not following POFa? The reply letter to the appeal only has a picture of the car and is letter addressed to the owner.

I personally am not the owner of the vehicle and as mentioned I have not at any time indicated who is the driver.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 19, 10:55 PM
    • 68,591 Posts
    • 80,864 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    How would I proceed past this point?
    Wait and win it at court stage. There is no second step yet with an IPC firm as the IAS is deemed a biased kangaroo court that just demoralises people. No point.

That's why the sticky thread says to do nothing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Jan 19, 11:02 PM
    • 13,660 Posts
    • 14,921 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:02 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:02 PM
    ...as mentioned I have not at any time indicated who is the driver.
    Originally posted by Lynxzy
    I think you need to re-read the second sentence in the second paragraph of your opening post.

That tells the world exactly who the driver is.

The parking companies are known to trawl this forum just waiting for people to trip themselves up and can try to use your posts against you.

You would be wise to edit your opening post as twhitehousescat hinted at earlier.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

875Posts Today

6,454Users online

Martin's Twitter