Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sligo Smokey
    • By Sligo Smokey 12th Jan 19, 9:46 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Sligo Smokey
    What's your take????
    • 12th Jan 19, 9:46 PM
    What's your take???? 12th Jan 19 at 9:46 PM
    If a water valve in the attic leaks, spouting hot water all day long while the house is empty, The Water Board compensates me using my meter readings, should the energy provider do likewise to compensate for the waste of gas used????

There's more hehe........now that the energy firm has gone bust, it is worthwhile chasing this claim. THEY MERELY SUGGESTED THAT i CLAIM ON MY HOME INSURANCE POLICY.

Why can't we sue Ofgem for licensing a load of iffy energy firms??
    Last edited by Sligo Smokey; 12-01-2019 at 9:52 PM.
Page 1
    • The Fat Controller
    • By The Fat Controller 13th Jan 19, 7:37 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    The Fat Controller
    • 13th Jan 19, 7:37 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 7:37 AM
    I am surprised that any company would compensate you for a fault that is in your property, how would they estimate water loss or gas usage due to the leak ?

Your home insurance should pay out for any damage caused if you have an appropriate policy.

Edit: How can HOT water be leaking ? Sounds entirely YOUR responsibility if the heating system has a fault.
    Last edited by The Fat Controller; 13-01-2019 at 9:28 AM.
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 13th Jan 19, 9:20 AM
    • 3,915 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:20 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:20 AM
    Why is the water valve in the attic the responsibility of the water company.? Absolutely nothing to do with the gas supplier.

This is an insurance issue.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • HampshireH
    • By HampshireH 13th Jan 19, 9:34 AM
    • 1,462 Posts
    • 1,784 Thanks
    HampshireH
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:34 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:34 AM
    Not sure how this is anybody but the home owners responsibility.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 13th Jan 19, 10:45 AM
    • 11,894 Posts
    • 5,310 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 13th Jan 19, 10:45 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 10:45 AM
    BIG letters always give a clue.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,866Posts Today

7,669Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • PLS SHARE - WARNING DO NOT USE VIAGOGO. A group of MPs have today echo'd my own warning about the secondary tick? https://t.co/ZUvKRq3MeS

• RT @MartinSLewis: I've had a few messages from people concerned that they've bought tickets from Viagogo and they heard my cautionary warni?

• Early days but it seems I'm in the 1 in 20 who don't listen to music. Funny people react with such shock at not? https://t.co/xrU3aaRF9J

• Follow Martin