Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 12th Jan 19, 9:31 PM
    • 2,757Posts
    • 3,443Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    Ital appeals
    • 12th Jan 19, 9:31 PM
    Ital appeals 12th Jan 19 at 9:31 PM
    in the small print

Should you remain dissatisfied with this decision, or have additional evidence, you may further your appeal to the Appeals Service within 28 days of receiving your rejection letter. Appeals may be submitted online at www.asparking.co.uk or by post at:

Appeals Service (Parking)
    PO Box 267
    Petersfield
    GU32 9FH

Youíll be issued with a 10 digit verification code, which you must use with your appeal to the Appeals Service. This is shown at the top of your rejection letter. The Appeals Service process does not apply in Scotland or to PNís (Penalty Notices) received at a railway station car park.

however the goverment has stated that those cases should not be called parking charges m,and MUST be called Penalty notices , and as such POPLA have refused to handle PENALTY notices

what the hell is happening
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
Page 3
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 3:51 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    Why would I make it up? And yes I have been in contact on a Sunday afternoon
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jan 19, 3:55 PM
    • 38,500 Posts
    • 86,321 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    I don't think arguing amongst ourselves is helpful. We need to know in writing, from ITAL, whether the appeal decision is binding on the motorist.

Whatever the answer, we can guide posters accordingly.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 4:00 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    Yes there's no need to argue ! I have it confirmed in writing from an authoritative source and will provide confirmation in due course.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 14th Jan 19, 10:13 AM
    • 2,757 Posts
    • 3,443 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    ok , the appeals service does NOT ave a phone number but ITAL do

is the appeal binding on indigo YES

is the appeal binding on the customer YES

why have you copied indigos website ,, WE HAVNT

and finally a general knowledge question :
    is the non display of a parking ticket , a bylaw offence ,: its an offence to refuse to show your ticket to an inspector when asked to

I need to sit in a darkened room now
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 14th Jan 19, 11:21 AM
    • 38,500 Posts
    • 86,321 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    If ITAL can be believed about the decision being binding on the victim, then we shouldn't be advising people to use it.

As for "an inspector", this needs clarifying. Do they mean a TOC ticket inspector, or an unregulated PPC weasel?
    Anyway, it wasn't what you asked them.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 14th Jan 19, 11:32 AM
    • 2,757 Posts
    • 3,443 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    they are fundamentally revenue collection - ie not paying for train ticket , this parking thing has been rushed in without thought , or trained staff , non of the appeal panel are skilled in parking bylaws

I got the impression (after being called the "passenger" 4 times), that the inspector was the little man with a flag and a nice watch on a chain

• Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 14th Jan 19, 11:43 AM
    • 85 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    Well this puts ITAL at odds with what the BPA are saying
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 14th Jan 19, 11:47 AM
    • 2,757 Posts
    • 3,443 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    Well this puts ITAL at odds with what the BPA are sayingl

so , who do you believe , the company that are doing the appeals or the BPA

what do the BPA know , its NOTHING to do with the BPA , they have as much right to comment on ITAl as they have with the financial ombudsman

ITAL is a CORPORATE member , (you can be one as well!) .

the BPA (and Popla) are happy , after millions of complaints and mths of sorting , (railway) BYLAW cases are no longer anything to do with them

indigo were TOLD by DFT that they had to offer an appeal system , POPLa know that everytime a code is issued indigo will not submit evidence and they do not get paid ,

indigo have simply formed there own "independent" appeal company , and they are writing the rules
    Last edited by twhitehousescat; 14-01-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,550Posts Today

9,528Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Perhaps the only thing we truly learn from this poll is we are generally optimistic. Most Brexiteers think Brexit w? https://t.co/DoosVRvneE

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ??Join the UK's biggest consumer website ??Make a difference ??Work with brilliant journalists ??Collaborate with top b?

• Today's Twitter poll: Do you believe the UK will leave the European Union in 2019? PS. Twitter/my following tends? https://t.co/U3DknxaJOG

• Follow Martin