Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 12th Jan 19, 9:31 PM
    • 3,354Posts
    • 4,096Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    Ital appeals
    • 12th Jan 19, 9:31 PM
    Ital appeals 12th Jan 19 at 9:31 PM
    in the small print

Should you remain dissatisfied with this decision, or have additional evidence, you may further your appeal to the Appeals Service within 28 days of receiving your rejection letter. Appeals may be submitted online at www.asparking.co.uk or by post at:

Appeals Service (Parking)
    PO Box 267
    Petersfield
    GU32 9FH

Youíll be issued with a 10 digit verification code, which you must use with your appeal to the Appeals Service. This is shown at the top of your rejection letter. The Appeals Service process does not apply in Scotland or to PNís (Penalty Notices) received at a railway station car park.

however the goverment has stated that those cases should not be called parking charges m,and MUST be called Penalty notices , and as such POPLA have refused to handle PENALTY notices

what the hell is happening
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
Page 2
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 11:14 AM
    • 160 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    why ask him ? ital has no connection to the bpa , ital is not paid for by the bpa

like going into B+Q and asking what wicks return policy is
    Originally posted by twhitehousescat
    Simple because knowing Steve Clark he will give you a straight answer and confirm if they are binding or not (on the operator)
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Jan 19, 11:27 AM
    • 3,354 Posts
    • 4,096 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    ok , indigo are members of the BPA
    ok , indigo issue POPLa codes for cases on mon railway carparks
    ok the DFT has stated that an indipendent appeal system should be available on railway land
    ok out of the blue , a company formed in 2003 , with dubious shareholders* has suddenly appeared
    ok this company boasts about its railway links * and how it had now got one parking co on its books

ital has not got a code of practice worth paper its written on

smoke screen , mirrors , and will the DFT or the BPA care , hell the BPA are chuffed as hell , popla were out on the beer last night , no more "fail to submit evidence = no pay jobs

*dubious staff , follow links on company house beta , its like playing "snap"

either ital is being funded by indigo , or they are incompetent and foolish.
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 11:32 AM
    • 160 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    However we have no idea yet how they will process and address appeals until it's tried and tested......
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Jan 19, 11:36 AM
    • 3,354 Posts
    • 4,096 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    and until a code of practice is published along with several answers , the first appeal will not be by me

you think the BPA are going to run around and get answers for us , ok YOU write to Steve clark then

pop back when you have an answer
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 11:41 AM
    • 160 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    Ok I'll email him now. Never had an issue before
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Jan 19, 11:43 AM
    • 3,354 Posts
    • 4,096 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    we will await the reply in the morning
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 11:57 AM
    • 160 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    Yep I will update once I have a reply.
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 1:52 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    Hi..

It's been confirmed by the BPA that decisions by ITAL are binding on the operator.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Jan 19, 2:02 PM
    • 3,354 Posts
    • 4,096 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    and what about the customer , yes or no , was that question answered ?
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 2:22 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    The appeal result can only be binding on the operator.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Jan 19, 2:26 PM
    • 13,685 Posts
    • 14,953 Thanks
    KeithP
    The appeal result can only be binding on the operator.
    Originally posted by Parkingfines
    Is it the BPA saying that or just your opinion?

It is important.

We all know that the decision from the IAS premium appeal service is binding on the motorist.

We really need a definitive answer on whether the ITAL appeal decision is binding on the motorist or not.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Jan 19, 2:26 PM
    • 3,354 Posts
    • 4,096 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    that is incorrect !!!

the ias offer 2 appeals services , the free one (to customer) and the paid one (by customer)

i the paid for service the appeal results are binding both on the parking co and the customer

so I will ask again what do the BPA say regarding binding on customer ?

as it stands at the moment , much like IPC/gladrags , appeal , appeal fail and court papers thru the post within days

the companies job is to prosicute , appeals are only a sideline
    Last edited by twhitehousescat; 13-01-2019 at 2:30 PM.
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 2:41 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    It is my view that the ADR service is not binding on the motorist

It is the BPA's view that the service is binding on the operator..

I have gone back and asked the question as to whether these are set to be like the IAS paid service or the same as POPLA and will update when they come back to me.
    Last edited by Parkingfines; 13-01-2019 at 2:45 PM.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Jan 19, 2:50 PM
    • 13,685 Posts
    • 14,953 Thanks
    KeithP
    Even with the premium service offered by the IAS which states it's binding on the motorist this is not quite correct as there is no statutory instrument to compel a consumer to abide by this.
    It's simply standard contract law.

When paying for the IAS premium appeal, the motorist has to agree to be bound to the terms.

As they say on their FAQ webpage:
    Where you are able to use the Non-Standard Appeal Procedure; you may appeal upon payment of a non-refundable, nominal fee of £15 and you will have to agree to the result of the appeal being binding upon you.
    (their emphasis, not mine)
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Jan 19, 2:55 PM
    • 3,354 Posts
    • 4,096 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    It is my view that the ADR service is not binding on the motorist

It is the BPA's view that the service is binding on the operator..

I have gone back and asked the question as to whether these are set to be like the IAS paid service or the same as POPLA*** and will update when they come back to me.
    why did you forget to ask it , or was it simply not answered

POPLA*** which version , version one got paid if parking co sent paperwork or not , version 2 do not get paid if after issuing number , recieving info from custom , and the PPC backing down
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 3:04 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    No I only asked about the operator side . I am sure he will answer though.

I can't see the issue with ITAL appeals though as it will be no different to how POPLA was first approached. Only then can a judgement ( in my view) be called
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Jan 19, 3:16 PM
    • 3,354 Posts
    • 4,096 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    No I only asked about the operator side . I am sure he will answer though.

I can't see the issue with ITAL appeals though as it will be no different to how POPLA was first approached. Only then can a judgement ( in my view) be called
    umm , lets get this in print first , if it was common knowledge or they were not hiding anything , they would state this clearly

I actually doubt if the BPA have been part of consultations , and/or advising them , it has NOTHING to do with the BPA , ITAL are CORPORATE members (you can join if you want!!!) and are using the BPA logo -(next to indigos , ha ha ) to give credibility
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 3:31 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    Its been confirmed ITAL decisions are NOT binding on the motorist
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Jan 19, 3:34 PM
    • 3,354 Posts
    • 4,096 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    sorry , without a scan of both of the emails (with your details removed) I am loathe to accept the work of a new poster , who states they are in contact with the BPA on a sunday afternoon
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 3:50 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    I won't be providing emails but I'll get it confirmed......
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,153Posts Today

6,280Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @AskJames: Someone quickly marry me so I can justify buying this. I do. "Tesco is selling a five tier wedding cake made of cheese - an?

• Today's FRIDAY twitter poll: Draconian & absurd new laws by May/Corbyn/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dicta? https://t.co/umCa8jP7LT

• Now come on that's a bit unfair!!!!! I could've done a handstand (well headstand) first if you'd asked! Sheesh! https://t.co/01Pf9Z99B1

• Follow Martin