Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 12th Jan 19, 9:31 PM
    • 2,804Posts
    • 3,493Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    Ital appeals
    • 12th Jan 19, 9:31 PM
    Ital appeals 12th Jan 19 at 9:31 PM
    in the small print

Should you remain dissatisfied with this decision, or have additional evidence, you may further your appeal to the Appeals Service within 28 days of receiving your rejection letter. Appeals may be submitted online at www.asparking.co.uk or by post at:

Appeals Service (Parking)
    PO Box 267
    Petersfield
    GU32 9FH

Youíll be issued with a 10 digit verification code, which you must use with your appeal to the Appeals Service. This is shown at the top of your rejection letter. The Appeals Service process does not apply in Scotland or to PNís (Penalty Notices) received at a railway station car park.

however the goverment has stated that those cases should not be called parking charges m,and MUST be called Penalty notices , and as such POPLA have refused to handle PENALTY notices

what the hell is happening
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Jan 19, 9:41 PM
    • 38,556 Posts
    • 86,440 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 12th Jan 19, 9:41 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 9:41 PM
    I do not believe the Govenrnment has said any such thing. It certainly didn't in the DfT letter to PoPLA. Only PoPLA mentioned that PCNs should be called penalty notices.

All this is good for the motorist, I think.

Keep that information safe, and if Indigo issue a penalty charge, reject the initial appeal, and offer ITAL, then the motorists quotes back that to the scammers that ITAL have said, "The appeals service does not apply to Scotland and PN’s (Penalty Notices) received at a railway station car park."

Indigo will then have failed to offer ADR in breach of the instructions from the DfT and ADR Act 2015. Complaints should instantly then go to the BPA, DVLA, DfT, and MP
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 12-01-2019 at 9:46 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 12th Jan 19, 9:47 PM
    • 2,804 Posts
    • 3,493 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 12th Jan 19, 9:47 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 9:47 PM
    ital appeals page says opposite that of the actual appeal terms and conditions

https://www.asparking.co.uk/

At the Appeals Service (AS) we assist people who have been issued with a Penalty Notice parking on railway land and who wish to make a second appeal.

Penalty Notices maybe issued on railway land for a variety of reasons and owners have the right to make a further appeal, if their first appeal has been rejected, within a specified time, if they believe they were issued incorrectly or have further evidence to produce.

AS offers a truly independent and impartial Appeal Service.
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Jan 19, 10:05 PM
    • 38,556 Posts
    • 86,440 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:05 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:05 PM
    The bit about not applicable to PNs is after their initial rejection. Perhaps they mean that a secondary appeal after the second stage appeal doesn't apply.

It definitely isn't clear though.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 12th Jan 19, 10:10 PM
    • 2,804 Posts
    • 3,493 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:10 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:10 PM
    as discussed on another thread ital have lifted word for word the faq from indigo website , they have simply substituted as appeal for popla https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=75308235&postcount=42
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 19, 10:46 PM
    • 65,764 Posts
    • 78,283 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:46 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:46 PM
    Have they?

Get screenshots of that please, someone. I have no time but screenshots to prove that would be worth a complaint to the DFT and MPs, as it suggests this is no 'independent' appeals service at all.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 12th Jan 19, 10:52 PM
    • 2,804 Posts
    • 3,493 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:52 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:52 PM

• Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 7:22 AM
    • 118 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    • 13th Jan 19, 7:22 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 7:22 AM
    I Don't think we should be so quick judge ITAL...... we should see how it develops
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jan 19, 7:53 AM
    • 21,329 Posts
    • 33,603 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Jan 19, 7:53 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 7:53 AM
    It seems to me that it's 'work in progress'.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 8:03 AM
    • 118 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    We should be more concerned about the appeals themselves rather then the website
    • Handbags-at-dawn
    • By Handbags-at-dawn 13th Jan 19, 9:08 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    Handbags-at-dawn
    We should be more concerned about the appeals themselves rather then the website
    Originally posted by Parkingfines
    You have an amazing depth of knowledge and level of confidence for a Newbie. (Why do I get this feeling of deja vu?)

If we are going to help people through the appeals process we need to find out as much as possible about the competence, demeanour, and mode of operation of the appeal service. Posters need to know whether or not the AS should be taken seriously - eg whether there is any real chance of an impartial hearing or if itís only worth doing for the time it eats into the 6 months.

So far, ITALís website - which as Ukomaas says is a work in progress- does not exactly fill one with confidence. Which suggests a healthy degree of scepticism is just whatís required!
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Jan 19, 9:11 AM
    • 2,804 Posts
    • 3,493 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    are appeals binding

simple question , but one they refuse to answer by email
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 13th Jan 19, 10:00 AM
    • 3,420 Posts
    • 5,271 Thanks
    fisherjim
    You don't set up a "service" like this with instructions and a website that is "work in progress" it should have been thought out and considered well before launch.

Seems like most of the parking industries rubbish, just a hit and miss smoke and mirrors scheme set up on the fly!
    • Handbags-at-dawn
    • By Handbags-at-dawn 13th Jan 19, 10:11 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    Handbags-at-dawn
    are appeals binding

Originally posted by twhitehousescat
    Youíd better put in a complaint to the address advised on their FAQ page! For the benefit of those who havenít already noted it, hereís a screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/adyax8ng9is6w28/IMG_1443.PNG?dl=0

Oops.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Jan 19, 10:14 AM
    • 2,804 Posts
    • 3,493 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    oh dear , oh dear

independent , my orifice
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 13th Jan 19, 10:58 AM
    • 3,721 Posts
    • 2,775 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    oh dear , oh dear

independent , my orifice
    Perhaps we should report it to the Orifice of Fair Trading!
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Jan 19, 11:03 AM
    • 2,804 Posts
    • 3,493 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    indigo staff do not work weekends , hence to amendments
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 11:04 AM
    • 118 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    You have an amazing depth of knowledge and level of confidence for a Newbie. (Why do I get this feeling of deja vu?)

If we are going to help people through the appeals process we need to find out as much as possible about the competence, demeanour, and mode of operation of the appeal service. Posters need to know whether or not the AS should be taken seriously - eg whether there is any real chance of an impartial hearing or if itís only worth doing for the time it eats into the 6 months.

So far, ITALís website - which as Ukomaas says is a work in progress- does not exactly fill one with confidence. Which suggests a healthy degree of scepticism is just whatís required!
    Originally posted by Handbags-at-dawn
    The POPLA site was hardly brilliant when it first came out. We should see what substance they have in their appeals system before we rubbish anything
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 13th Jan 19, 11:08 AM
    • 118 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    are appeals binding

Maybe ask Steve Clark instead then ?
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Jan 19, 11:11 AM
    • 2,804 Posts
    • 3,493 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    Maybe ask Steve Clark instead then ?
    Originally posted by Parkingfines
    why ask him ? ital has no connection to the bpa , ital is not paid for by the bpa

like going into B+Q and asking what wicks return policy is
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,727Posts Today

8,400Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @paullewismoney: People who were students 1990-97 are being offered the chance to pay off half their unpaid student loan and the other h?

• As normal I am signing off twitter for the weekend - to spend time with mini and Mrs MSE. Hope you have a wonderfu? https://t.co/FG3sRfkIgA

• RT @LauraFrancis9: Top crew! We may film in the freeeeeeeezing cold every week, but this bunch make it fun. (And huge thanks as always to @?

• Follow Martin