Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vipergreen
    • By vipergreen 12th Jan 19, 7:34 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 4Thanks
    vipergreen
    UKPC Leaving site ticket
    • 12th Jan 19, 7:34 PM
    UKPC Leaving site ticket 12th Jan 19 at 7:34 PM
    Received a ticket at Stevenage leisure park alleging driver left site.

Although the registration is correct the ticket has the wrong make of car listed, Any benefit in this mistake ?

Whilst at the leisure park the driver visited 2 establishments and has a receipt from one of those albeit this is time stated as 90 minutes after the ticket issue, there is no receipts from the first business which accounted for the earlier part of the stay.

I have read the newbie thread and have a query which I would be grateful for help on

The 25th day from ticket issue is next week and that is when I will submit the appeal but do I alter the template in any way as some of it doesn’t seem to apply to our situation ie leaving site, do I leave in the bits about meters etc .

Also do I mention the vehicle make error and also the receipt that I hold.

Many thanks for any help
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 19, 7:40 PM
    • 65,497 Posts
    • 78,047 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jan 19, 7:40 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 7:40 PM
    You can remove the part about the VRN/machine.

Although the registration is correct the ticket has the wrong make of car listed, Any benefit in this mistake ?
    No, it's either stupidity, or deliberate by PPCs, to make people make silly knee-jerk appeals blabbing about who was driving and the make of their car!

Receipt goes with the complaint to the retail park owners, same time as the appeal, not to UKPC as they couldn't give a stuff. Google will tell you who owns/runs the place.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • vipergreen
    • By vipergreen 12th Jan 19, 8:01 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    vipergreen
    • 12th Jan 19, 8:01 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 8:01 PM
    Thanks

What about the paragraph about overstaying, does that need to remain

Also pictures are on their appeal website together with a picture of the sign, although the pictures only show a parked car no one exiting it or leaving the site
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 19, 8:10 PM
    • 65,497 Posts
    • 78,047 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jan 19, 8:10 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 8:10 PM
    Change the overstay paragraph to:

Kindly send me your photo evidence that led you to assert that the driver left the site, as this is denied. I have checked on your website and you have nothing.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Jan 19, 9:15 PM
    • 10,082 Posts
    • 13,283 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 12th Jan 19, 9:15 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 9:15 PM
    Received a ticket at Stevenage leisure park alleging driver left site.

Originally posted by vipergreen
    The fraudsters UKPC still at this "driver left site" crap.

We know they fake pictures and hide behind wheelie bins and now they have to prove with photo evidence of this driver.
    They have been banned twice by the DVLA

Interesting they state the wrong make of car .... opening the door to two cars but which car did the driver get out of and left the site

This is up to UKPC to prove, not you. I don't recall any case in court brought by UKPC about driver left site.

The other problem UKPC has with such a claim is the warden going around taking pictures of people, who knows what he is up to, The landowner could have problems.

With the faking of pictures, it was a UKPC warden who changed the time stamping on the pictures which was fraud.

Let's see how they handle the appeal, there is still POPLA and the ultimate is the judge and the same question will be asked ....
    PROVE IT UKPC.

BE WARNED that UKPC do have more junk up their sleeves.
    They have said before that they cannot give a POPLA code until the driver is named .....rubbish and that's why they are scammers and fraudsters. UKPC are on the bucket list
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • ratechaser
    • By ratechaser 12th Jan 19, 10:39 PM
    • 511 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    ratechaser
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:39 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:39 PM
    They really do love that "left site" nonsense at Stevenage don't they...

Not that I for one moment think it's got a hope in hell of ever succeeding in court, in my case I got it nipped in the bud by an email to the landowner (which a few years ago was Jones Lang Lasalle, but please recheck that yourself in case it's changed). Just pointed out - politely but firmly - the lack of signs, specifically the lack of clarity of what the 'site' actually was, and the fact that I was a regular customer of the leisure park. Was there today in fact!

Got an immediate reply confirming they would get UKPC to cancel, and that was that. Good luck.
    • vipergreen
    • By vipergreen 13th Jan 19, 9:09 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    vipergreen
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:09 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:09 AM
    The landowners agent still appears to be JLL , is there a suggested wording for my email that has proved successful
    Thanks for all the info, great forum
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Jan 19, 9:21 AM
    • 11,443 Posts
    • 11,496 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:21 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:21 AM
    A judge is unlikely to find that leaving site is a valid term in a consumer contract. Hopefully he will also be aware of their past form.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/

Let them take you to court where you can take them to the cleaners.

Complain to your MP as it is the will of Parliament that these scammers be put out of business.

Hopefully that will take place in the near future. The Bill has passed through the HOC without hitch, and goes to the Lords soon. In the meantime involve your MP, the poor dears are buckling under the weight of complaints about these scammers.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Third Reading in late November, and, with a fair wind, will become Law next year.

All three readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 6-7 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    Last edited by The Deep; 13-01-2019 at 9:24 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • vipergreen
    • By vipergreen 13th Jan 19, 12:37 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    vipergreen
    • 13th Jan 19, 12:37 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 12:37 PM
    Canít post the parking prankster link shown above as Iím a new user but

Is this still correct that UKPC canít access the dvla database, if so why appeal ?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Jan 19, 12:40 PM
    • 10,082 Posts
    • 13,283 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Canít post the parking prankster link shown above as Iím a new user but

Is this still correct that UKPC canít access the dvla database, if so why appeal ?
    That is an old link. UKPC can access the DVLA at the moment

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jan 19, 5:52 PM
    • 65,497 Posts
    • 78,047 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Can’t post the parking prankster link shown above as I’m a new user but

Is this still correct that UKPC can’t access the dvla database, if so why appeal ?
    You should have searched the forum; you'd have soon found the thread about that temporary ban and when it ended.

The NEWBIES thread is up to date with what to do and when.

• vipergreen
    • By vipergreen 15th Jan 19, 11:29 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    vipergreen
    Submitted my appeal yesterday together with messaging the leisure park and landowners agent via their websites.

This morning ticket cancelled.

Many thanks for all the help and advise will make sure i spread the word
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 15th Jan 19, 12:19 PM
    • 10,082 Posts
    • 13,283 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Submitted my appeal yesterday together with messaging the leisure park and landowners agent via their websites.

Good news ...... we just just wish that UKPC stop the "driver left site" rubbish .... it simply cannot work

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jan 19, 7:26 PM
    • 65,497 Posts
    • 78,047 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

Brilliant, that was quick!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,416Posts Today

9,498Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Perhaps the only thing we truly learn from this poll is we are generally optimistic. Most Brexiteers think Brexit w? https://t.co/DoosVRvneE

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ??Join the UK's biggest consumer website ??Make a difference ??Work with brilliant journalists ??Collaborate with top b?

• Today's Twitter poll: Do you believe the UK will leave the European Union in 2019? PS. Twitter/my following tends? https://t.co/U3DknxaJOG

• Follow Martin