Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stevieboy63
    • By stevieboy63 12th Jan 19, 7:21 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    stevieboy63
    same debt but ywo defaults
    • 12th Jan 19, 7:21 PM
    same debt but ywo defaults 12th Jan 19 at 7:21 PM
    well im looking to improve my credit file and I have noticed that I have two defaults listed for the same debt , the debt was with one company who registered the debt and then sold it to another company . ive since paid off the debt to the new owner but im having a job getting the first to mark there account as settled which I understand should have been when it was sold . any advice please
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 12th Jan 19, 7:26 PM
    • 16,161 Posts
    • 15,286 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 12th Jan 19, 7:26 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 7:26 PM
    Hi,

I’ve moved your post to Debt Free Wannabe forum as you had posted it in the diaries section.

The original owner should of marked your file settled with a zero balance when sold to the 3rd party.

Send them a written complaint, they have 8 weeks to issue a response, if your not happy, or they don’t respond, then escalate the matter to the ICO who deals with all information complaints.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly". I have extensive experience of debt, and itís solutions, as well as the collection industry in general.

Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    • stevieboy63
    • By stevieboy63 12th Jan 19, 7:40 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    stevieboy63
    • 12th Jan 19, 7:40 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 7:40 PM
    exc use the first post lol wasn't sure where to put it
    I was sort of informed as much , have you an address for the ico please
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 12th Jan 19, 8:52 PM
    • 16,161 Posts
    • 15,286 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 12th Jan 19, 8:52 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 8:52 PM
    exc use the first post lol wasn't sure where to put it
    I was sort of informed as much , have you an address for the ico please
    Originally posted by stevieboy63
    https://ico.org.uk
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly". I have extensive experience of debt, and itís solutions, as well as the collection industry in general.

Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,765Posts Today

9,551Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Perhaps the only thing we truly learn from this poll is we are generally optimistic. Most Brexiteers think Brexit w? https://t.co/DoosVRvneE

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ??Join the UK's biggest consumer website ??Make a difference ??Work with brilliant journalists ??Collaborate with top b?

• Today's Twitter poll: Do you believe the UK will leave the European Union in 2019? PS. Twitter/my following tends? https://t.co/U3DknxaJOG

• Follow Martin