Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Calsor
    • By Calsor 12th Jan 19, 5:51 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Calsor
    Help, please... Meter clocking error
    • 12th Jan 19, 5:51 PM
    Help, please... Meter clocking error 12th Jan 19 at 5:51 PM
    Hi folks,
    I wonder if anyone can help me. I am disabled and am with GB Energy for electricity. My meter went from 99999 to 10000 instead of 00001 and as a result I now have a huge bill. I pay monthly throughout the year. I'm not sure how I can prove to them that this is what has happened as they have asked all sorts of questions about the property and have made us do an appliance test, which was fine. We haven't changed anything and because of the meter clocking over wrongly it would appear that we have used almost 3 times the amount of electricity over the hottest spring and summer (2018) for years. They are now saying they can send out an engineer to check the meter, but it's working okay other than the clocking error, so we'll probably end up having to pay for the visit and still be faced with the huge bill. Help.....
    Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 12th Jan 19, 7:54 PM
    • 3,523 Posts
    • 2,274 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 12th Jan 19, 7:54 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 7:54 PM
    GB Energy went bust 18 months ago so you must be with the Co-op unless you have subsequently switched.

Have you the monthly meter readings so you can narrow down when the meter went over ?

Take a photo of the meter and send it to your supplier.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 12th Jan 19, 8:11 PM
    • 4,105 Posts
    • 2,600 Thanks
    matelodave
    • 12th Jan 19, 8:11 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 8:11 PM
    Have you been sending in monthly readings, if so then it should be pretty obvious what's happened.

Have your monthly bills & statements reflected your actual meter readings and have they been correct. If so then again it should be obvious what has happened. have you been keeping copies of your bills/statements so you've got evidence of when it clicked over?

keeping your own records makes it a lot easier to challenge faults and to argue your case if it goes wrong.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,820Posts Today

8,390Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @paullewismoney: People who were students 1990-97 are being offered the chance to pay off half their unpaid student loan and the other h?

• As normal I am signing off twitter for the weekend - to spend time with mini and Mrs MSE. Hope you have a wonderfu? https://t.co/FG3sRfkIgA

• RT @LauraFrancis9: Top crew! We may film in the freeeeeeeezing cold every week, but this bunch make it fun. (And huge thanks as always to @?

• Follow Martin