Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kittyh132
    • By kittyh132 12th Jan 19, 5:39 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kittyh132
    Fixed Term Contract Employment
    • 12th Jan 19, 5:39 PM
    Fixed Term Contract Employment 12th Jan 19 at 5:39 PM
    Hi, my boyfriend and I are looking to buy our first house. Our budget is 180,000 and we have the 18,000 needed for a 10% deposit.

I am a teacher on 23,250 but my boyfriend is on a 2 year fixed contract for 26,000. He only started in September and all of the major banks seem to be asking that he has worked for 12 months in the contract with 6 months left. This is his first job out of uni so doesn't have any other evidence of working fixed contracts. His company are likely to keep him on after the 2 years as he was offered this job after he did a 1 year placement as part of his course.

Does anyone have any advice/ have been in this situation and been able to get a mortgage? At the moment it seems we are going to have to wait another 8 months before applying...
Page 1
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 12th Jan 19, 5:46 PM
    • 5,591 Posts
    • 3,636 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 12th Jan 19, 5:46 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 5:46 PM
    some lenders may not be suitable, get a good broker to match a lender to your circumstances
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"
    • Bermonia
    • By Bermonia 12th Jan 19, 8:24 PM
    • 489 Posts
    • 368 Thanks
    Bermonia
    • 12th Jan 19, 8:24 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 8:24 PM
    Highly unlikely to be honest.. but as already advised find yourself a good broker and let em know all the details - credit history may also be a concern if he is fresh from uni
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,744Posts Today

7,968Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • PLS SHARE - WARNING DO NOT USE VIAGOGO. A group of MPs have today echo'd my own warning about the secondary tick? https://t.co/ZUvKRq3MeS

• RT @MartinSLewis: I've had a few messages from people concerned that they've bought tickets from Viagogo and they heard my cautionary warni?

• Early days but it seems I'm in the 1 in 20 who don't listen to music. Funny people react with such shock at not? https://t.co/xrU3aaRF9J

• Follow Martin