Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Deneva
    • By Deneva 12th Jan 19, 3:28 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Deneva
    Sennheiser Outlet
    • 12th Jan 19, 3:28 PM
    Sennheiser Outlet 12th Jan 19 at 3:28 PM
    Looking at maybe buying some headphones from Sennheiser outlet either the Hd.4.50 or the HD 4.40 BT, big savings over prices in John Lewis, it says there is a 2 year warranty, and returns accepted withing 14 days. Anyone ever bought from the the Sennheiser outlet. I dont mind a few small scratches, but not badly damaged ones.
Page 1
    • John Gray
    • By John Gray 12th Jan 19, 4:13 PM
    • 5,399 Posts
    • 3,190 Thanks
    John Gray
    • 12th Jan 19, 4:13 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 4:13 PM
    I've never even heard of the Sennheiser Outlet!
    • Deneva
    • By Deneva 12th Jan 19, 10:20 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Deneva
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:20 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:20 PM
    They have had one for a while, itís online. They sell refurbished etc headphones. Prices are very good. Just wondering if any one had bought from them.
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 12th Jan 19, 11:14 PM
    • 3,998 Posts
    • 2,134 Thanks
    ballyblack
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:14 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:14 PM
    http://outlet.se-shop.de/shops/list.php?category=0&welcome=1&outlet=outletuk
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 13th Jan 19, 10:51 AM
    • 11,937 Posts
    • 5,346 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 13th Jan 19, 10:51 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 10:51 AM
    German laws German consumer rights return to Germany for warranty ??
    • chrisw
    • By chrisw 13th Jan 19, 11:34 AM
    • 1,874 Posts
    • 1,084 Thanks
    chrisw
    • 13th Jan 19, 11:34 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 11:34 AM
    German laws German consumer rights return to Germany for warranty ??
    Originally posted by JJ Egan
    Where does it say that? They appear to quote UK terms of sale, have a UK contact number and any warranty returns would probably go to Sennheiser UK in Buckinghamshire as is the case for non-outlet products.
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 13th Jan 19, 11:41 AM
    • 3,945 Posts
    • 2,516 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 13th Jan 19, 11:41 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 11:41 AM
    I've had two recent experiences of Sennheiser's service and both have been poor.

They managed to loose an item sent for repair and then returned it to another customer. More recently they took three weeks to supply a wrong spare part and another three weeks to supply the replacement.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 13th Jan 19, 12:07 PM
    • 11,937 Posts
    • 5,346 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 13th Jan 19, 12:07 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 12:07 PM
    Where does it say that? They appear to quote UK terms of sale, have a UK contact number and any warranty returns would probably go to Sennheiser UK in Buckinghamshire as is the case for non-outlet products.
    Originally posted by chrisw

Link is to .DE = germany so i would really double check .
    • Deneva
    • By Deneva 13th Jan 19, 12:36 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Deneva
    • 13th Jan 19, 12:36 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 12:36 PM
    Thanks for all the reply's, I don't think I will risk buying from them now, have looked elsewhere and there customer service doesn't seem that good. Think ill probably buy from John Lewis now, ok its more expensive but there 2 year warranty has always been excellent. Currys are cheaper, but ery poor service, Richersounds look good, but never dealt with them and they don't seem to do the Sennheiser one I want, also I notice a lot of there bargains ?? only seem to be available to buy in store, which is no good as there is no store in my town
    Last edited by Deneva; 13-01-2019 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Error
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 13th Jan 19, 3:19 PM
    • 3,600 Posts
    • 4,798 Thanks
    unforeseen
    Items are supplied by Digital River, Ireland. Terms of Sale are governed by English Law and English courts

GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
    17.1These Terms shall be governed by English Law and we both agree to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England over the Terms and any matter related to them, and all proceedings shall be conducted in English.
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 13th Jan 19, 3:21 PM
    • 3,600 Posts
    • 4,798 Thanks
    unforeseen
    It's a bit like seeing a site using .TV and assuming it's the laws of Tuvalu that apply
    • deannatrois
    • By deannatrois 14th Jan 19, 4:00 AM
    • 5,916 Posts
    • 8,304 Thanks
    deannatrois
    I rely on having a good noiseless wireless headphone set as I am autistic, and like to listen to something in the background all the while, and it helps me not hear outside sound. I have to be honest, I can't hear someone speaking to me from a couple of yards away, the noiseless quality is that good lol - I don't play things loudly either.

Before buying Sennheiser products I was buying cheaper other branded/non branded headphones and if I was lucky, after a couple of months they would stop working (and they weren't that much cheaper). I just got sick of this. Even if less money, it was no good having money go straight down the pan.

I have bought two sennheiser wireless headphones over the years from the outlet website. The site can be difficult to find, if you google Sennheiser Outlet UK, you seem to get the normal Sennheiser site. This is the proper address http://outlet.se-shop.de/shops/list.php?category=0&welcome=1&outlet=outletuk It is definitely the UK Outlet shop. I did start off with some cheaper RS headphones from Amazon and eventually wanted to upgrade after a couple of years (they were under £100). So three headphones in all over about 7 years.

I have since purchased two high end RS headphones for much less than offered elsewhere from the Outlet site. They say they might have some marks on them but I've not found any signs of use in either. The first one worked for three years, the second I only bought end of last year. I do tend to find headphones to be very unreliable, but Sennheiser seem to last longer than other brands. I always check reviews on amazon in case there is a design problem before buying a model on the outlet site.

My son wants a pair of headphones so I will be going back there in a couple of months to get some more.

I've not had to return the headphones. I did have problems with the earlier version with the earpads (and had to buy replacements after 14 months) but the ones I have now are a different much better quality design. They did cost £185 which was a lot of money for me but has been well worth it (a third less than other sites). They are very comfortable to wear and don't fall off my head because the headband fits better than earlier designs. Buying from the outlet site means I can buy higher end than I would if buying from another site.
    Last edited by deannatrois; 14-01-2019 at 4:09 AM.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 14th Jan 19, 12:57 PM
    • 11,937 Posts
    • 5,346 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    It's a bit like seeing a site using .TV and assuming it's the laws of Tuvalu that apply
    Originally posted by unforeseen

NOPE i said double check no more and no less no assumptions at all only you assumed .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

787Posts Today

6,289Users online

Martin's Twitter