Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kalamity52
    • By kalamity52 11th Jan 19, 8:00 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kalamity52
    Should I pay for a boiler service for my buyer?
    • 11th Jan 19, 8:00 PM
    Should I pay for a boiler service for my buyer? 11th Jan 19 at 8:00 PM
    Hello

I am new to this site and wonder if I can have some opinions please.

I am in the process of selling my Victorian house with an almost Victorian boiler. I bought the house in 2000 and do not know how old the boiler was then and have not had it changed. I have never had a problem with the boiler but the pump stopped working in Year 1 after the heating was left off for about 3 months during Spring/Summer. When the same thing happened in Year 2 I just made sure I put the heating on in the summer months for a few minutes a day and it never happened again. On both these occasions my local plumber came in and sorted it out.

I received an offer on my house in November and today I received a letter from my solicitor advising me that my buyer would like me to get the boiler serviced by a qualified engineer and to provide a certificate. I have done a bit of research and can appoint a firm that will do this for 60.

The question is: should I?

The house does need work doing to it which is reflected in the selling price so I am inclined to go back to my solicitor and so no!
Page 3
    • FluffityBunny
    • By FluffityBunny 13th Jan 19, 9:20 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    FluffityBunny
    For the sake of 60 I'd get it serviced, you should anyway for your own safety.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

968Posts Today

6,943Users online

Martin's Twitter