Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gemxcx
    • By Gemxcx 11th Jan 19, 6:44 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Gemxcx
    Parking eye and equita
    • 11th Jan 19, 6:44 PM
    Parking eye and equita 11th Jan 19 at 6:44 PM
    Hi Iím just wondering if anyone has experience of parking and eye and enquita.

In June last year I went to the cinema and parked behind it. Iíve since learned that, the car park is used is part is the adjoining ASDA (although didnít note any signposts to signal this) and has a 3 hour maximum stay. Anyhow. Went to the cinema with a friend and naturally, was there a while. 3 hours 2 minutes to be precise. I received a letter in the post to say I had to pay as I was 2 minutes over the stay from parking eye. Iíve ignored that and their other two. But Iíve since received two quite threatening letters from Equita. Iíve never heard of them and somehow I now owe £130. It started as £40. And they are threatening enforcement and litigation and the matter has been referred back to parking eye. Does anyone know if anything actually happens with this or do you they send these nasty looking letters until you pay up or eventually get bored sending as naturally I donít want to go to court for this. Not do I feel itís fair to pay £40/£130 to for the sake of 120 seconds itís a bit extreme. Thanks in advance e
Page 1
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 11th Jan 19, 7:02 PM
    • 2,746 Posts
    • 3,409 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 11th Jan 19, 7:02 PM
    • 11th Jan 19, 7:02 PM
    equita are no longer linked to PE by ownership

it may well be that there was a 3 hr limit and you stayed for 3 hr and 2 mins , normally I would say that they should not have issued charge due to "grace periods" , which could easily exceed 3 hrs and say 20 mins

it looks like you failed to obtain "free" ticket or register your car on a ipoddy type thing in store
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Gemxcx
    • By Gemxcx 11th Jan 19, 8:15 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gemxcx
    • 11th Jan 19, 8:15 PM
    • 11th Jan 19, 8:15 PM
    Yeah I didnít even go into ASDA I donít think. Maybe before hand for a drink for cinema. Dunno what to do with it. Seems to be mixed views about it on here and other forums
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 11th Jan 19, 8:35 PM
    • 2,746 Posts
    • 3,409 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 11th Jan 19, 8:35 PM
    • 11th Jan 19, 8:35 PM
    so you parked on a private car park belonging to asda , spent no money on site and walked off to a cinema?

when using asda , one would not use a pay and disply car park AND PAY for it

when using cinema one would not use a asda car park for customers only use

money saving expert , but only wshen you comply with rules

the chances are they installed ipad things to stop abuse of there land
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Jan 19, 8:41 PM
    • 21,280 Posts
    • 33,501 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Jan 19, 8:41 PM
    • 11th Jan 19, 8:41 PM
    Seems to be mixed views about it on here and other forums
    We see this very often, yet have never seen it substantiated, despite posters being asked to prove their point. Care to show us?

If Equita are involved in a PE case (one that has never been to court) they are acting as debt collectors and can be ignored. The analysis we concluded is that PE only pass to Equita where they are prevented from pursuing to court by their contract principal or they are not prepared to risk putting their case in front of a Judge.

With a minuscule 2 minute overstay (well within grace period limits) it suggests that PE are prepared to chance their arm on you stumping up, but would never chance their arm in front of a Judge.

Carry on ignoring this unless you get the most unlikely papers from the court. Come back on this thread if you do.

Feel free though to copy us links to all the mixed views that you have encountered on PE/Equita.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 19, 2:34 AM
    • 65,485 Posts
    • 78,015 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jan 19, 2:34 AM
    • 12th Jan 19, 2:34 AM
    it looks like you failed to obtain "free" ticket or register your car on a ipoddy type thing in store
    Originally posted by twhitehousescat
    I agree. This is NOT about a 2 minute overstay:

I received a letter in the post to say I had to pay as I was 2 minutes over the stay from parking eye.
    It did not say that.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Gemxcx
    • By Gemxcx 12th Jan 19, 4:36 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gemxcx
    • 12th Jan 19, 4:36 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 4:36 PM
    There was no sign to say I was entering ASDA car park. This car park is just behind the cinema so I could only assume since it didnít have a sign specifically saying I was entering Asdaís car park, that is was the cinemas grounds. The car park theyíre referring to is not pay as display as I shop there regularly. And in the parking eye notice they had originally stated I was over the time limit set out. The difference was two minutes.

No iPad in ASDA to register your parking, as I say Iím in there often.

And I donít recall whether I went to ASDA to buy anything it was a year ago. Nor did I think I had to since I was what I thought parking at the cinema.

All I wanted to know is if anyone had dealt with equita if anything had ever came of the letters or they just send them in the hope you cave.
    • Gemxcx
    • By Gemxcx 12th Jan 19, 4:39 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gemxcx
    • 12th Jan 19, 4:39 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 4:39 PM
    That is what the parking eye letter said. 3 hours 2 minutes

Iíd post the letter if I could find it but I donít sit on papers for months
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 19, 10:36 PM
    • 65,485 Posts
    • 78,015 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:36 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 10:36 PM
    We know, because you were there 3hrs 2 mins! But the PCN was not issued for a 2 minute overstay.

It was for not registering your VRN in the Cinema. It will certainly have said so, on the back. You can get a copy of it by sending PE a SAR using their Privacy page, you'll have the PCN in your hands by next week and you will see what I mean, on the back.

So, complain to the Cinema Manager and he can cancel it, as you say this wasn't an Asda Car park after all, it was the cinema. Get a copy of the PCN and realise what this is about and get the Cinema Manager to step in. Scam over.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 12-01-2019 at 10:39 PM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

189Posts Today

2,009Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This probably (who knows) makes it both more likely we'll remain in the EU via a 2nd referendum and more likely we'? https://t.co/GrNV48E1jS

• Instant aftermath poll: After a defeat by over 230 votes on a flagship issue (Brexit) should Theresa May resign?

• Wow losing by over 200. That's not defeat it's obliteration. Has there ever been a time before when a PM could lo? https://t.co/i0sVwL9P9P

• Follow Martin