Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FreakShow!
    • By FreakShow! 10th Jan 19, 8:53 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 1Thanks
    FreakShow!
    Switch Now or wait for end of current deal?
    • 10th Jan 19, 8:53 PM
    Switch Now or wait for end of current deal? 10th Jan 19 at 8:53 PM
    My deal with Tonik Energy is up on the 18th February. As that's less than 50 days away, I am able to switch now, and according to Energy Club, I can save 95 over what I would have if I didn't switch.

I first checked the deals a couple of weeks ago, to start mulling over any decisions, such as smart meter installs etc. But when I checked today, a new deal had popped up from eon.

The question really is, should I switch now to Eon, or should I wait until the last few days of my current deal to switch, in case a better deal comes along?
    Last edited by FreakShow!; 10-01-2019 at 9:08 PM.
Page 1
    • whyigetmorelikes
    • By whyigetmorelikes 10th Jan 19, 8:58 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    whyigetmorelikes
    • 10th Jan 19, 8:58 PM
    • 10th Jan 19, 8:58 PM
    I would also look at customer service reviews before making a decision. See what other's are experiencing.
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 11th Jan 19, 9:44 AM
    • 848 Posts
    • 358 Thanks
    wavelets
    • 11th Jan 19, 9:44 AM
    • 11th Jan 19, 9:44 AM
    My deal with Tonik Energy is up on the 18th February. As that's less than 50 days away, I am able to switch now, and according to Energy Club, I can save 95 over what I would have if I didn't switch.

I first checked the deals a couple of weeks ago, to start mulling over any decisions, such as smart meter installs etc. But when I checked today, a new deal had popped up from eon.

The question really is, should I switch now to Eon, or should I wait until the last few days of my current deal to switch, in case a better deal comes along?
    Originally posted by FreakShow!
    It will take at least 17 days for any switch to occur
    95 oncost over a year means means less than 8pm on average, so switching today rather than waiting may cost you about 4 extra. You can probably get 25 cashback from MSE for switching to Eon

Most importantly, prices are still rising, so if you see a deal you like, I would urge you to snap it up as it may not be available anymore in a couple of weeks time.

In the unlikely event a better deal does pop up, you can always switch to that.
    If it happens within the next 14 days, you can cancel your application within your cooling off period.
    Last edited by wavelets; 11-01-2019 at 9:48 AM.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 11th Jan 19, 10:41 AM
    • 3,849 Posts
    • 1,847 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    • 11th Jan 19, 10:41 AM
    • 11th Jan 19, 10:41 AM
    My deal with Tonik Energy is up on the 18th February.
    Originally posted by FreakShow!
    I have reluctantly just left Tonik; they even stopped the Direct Debit soon after I started the transfer process! Does your 95 saving factor in Tonik's 50 incentive to stay with them? (check your account Renewals page). Their rise in tariff of 20% was just too high for me.
    If your saving is 95 and this is significant to you, then I'd switch asap.
    Last edited by grumpycrab; 11-01-2019 at 10:53 AM.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
    • FreakShow!
    • By FreakShow! 12th Jan 19, 8:59 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    FreakShow!
    • 12th Jan 19, 8:59 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 8:59 PM
    I didn't know about the 50 incentive, no. I'm not sure if that's included in the MSE saving comparison. I'd assume not, though?

I've liked Tonik. I've built up a decent amount of credit with them, I get paid 3% interest on that, and when I phoned up a month or two ago to lower my DD they were happy and quick to do it.

I'm solely switching to stay on the cheapest tariffs.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

184Posts Today

1,919Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This probably (who knows) makes it both more likely we'll remain in the EU via a 2nd referendum and more likely we'? https://t.co/GrNV48E1jS

• Instant aftermath poll: After a defeat by over 230 votes on a flagship issue (Brexit) should Theresa May resign?

• Wow losing by over 200. That's not defeat it's obliteration. Has there ever been a time before when a PM could lo? https://t.co/i0sVwL9P9P

• Follow Martin