Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Prs_Koto
    • By Prs_Koto 10th Jan 19, 8:47 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Prs_Koto
    Halifax won't refund my overdraft fees, got called 'dippy' by staff member at branch
    • 10th Jan 19, 8:47 PM
    Halifax won't refund my overdraft fees, got called 'dippy' by staff member at branch 10th Jan 19 at 8:47 PM
    As it was nearing Christmas time, I had the misfortune of falling to being a victim of fraud, several foreign transactions from Moldova were made on my Halifax bank account. The amount spent put my account into an unauthorised overdraft. I had no issues with getting a replacement debit card and a full refund of all the fraudulent transactions.

However, I've I'd as I would expect been charged for going into an unauthorised overdraft. No worries I thought, surely if it's as a result of fraud that wasn't my fault, Halifax will refund those fees, right? WRONG!!!!

When I went into branch to ask for it to be sorted out, I ended up speaking with the manager about it and he said he could but won't as it's my responsibility to keep track of my budgeting and spending and it's obvious I need help with this. I told him I manage my finances just fine and why should I suffer because I was a victim of fraud that can happen to just about anyone with a bank account, even if very vigilant like I am.

The manager then had the nerve to start talking to me like I'm slow or a child and said "It's obvious you're a bit dippy aren't you?"

Where do I go from here as if I make an offical complaint, it'll be his word against mine!
Page 2
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 11th Jan 19, 11:17 PM
    • 62,450 Posts
    • 55,553 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    But then ask if there is anything missing, donít doubt the accuracy.

Too many people on these boards quick to make their own judgements and accuse people lying/bending the truth/keeping vital info out for example.
    Originally posted by redditrabbit
    New poster. One post. Never retrurns. Says it all.

Unfortunately all too frequent occurence.
    "You get recessions, you have stock market declines. If you don't understand that's going to happen, then you're not ready, you won't do well in the markets." - Peter Lynch
    • No_6
    • By No_6 12th Jan 19, 8:44 PM
    • 814 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    No_6
    makes a change for a time

they always miss the important ones !
    • No_6
    • By No_6 12th Jan 19, 8:46 PM
    • 814 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    No_6
    @ d.s
    makes a change for a time

they always miss the important ones !
    • No_6
    • By No_6 12th Jan 19, 8:48 PM
    • 814 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    No_6
    was TOO SLoW as usual

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,025Posts Today

5,056Users online

Martin's Twitter