Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrsPorridge
    • By MrsPorridge 10th Jan 19, 2:48 PM
    • 1,701Posts
    • 2,773Thanks
    MrsPorridge
    Remoska Cooking Ideas
    • 10th Jan 19, 2:48 PM
    Remoska Cooking Ideas 10th Jan 19 at 2:48 PM
    Hoping someone can help. I've bought a Remoska. My recipe book gives fancy recipes but not how to do basic stuff. For instance, how do I fry an egg? I was hoping to do egg, bacon etc., on Saturday.

any other ideas for simple recipes gratefully received!
    Getting back on Track
    Save 12k in 2019. #130 210/15000
Page 1
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 10th Jan 19, 3:01 PM
    • 9,322 Posts
    • 59,994 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    • 10th Jan 19, 3:01 PM
    • 10th Jan 19, 3:01 PM
    Treat it like an oven - would you fry an egg in an oven? I suppose you could poach the eggs in separate containers whilst the bacon cooks.
    One life - your life - live it!
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 10th Jan 19, 3:03 PM
    • 9,322 Posts
    • 59,994 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    • 10th Jan 19, 3:03 PM
    • 10th Jan 19, 3:03 PM
    Any joint of meat can be roasted in the Remoska and you could put potatoes round it for roasting, thereby doing Sunday lunch without switching the oven on. If you use readymade Yorkshire puds they could be heated up in a few minutes once you take the meat out.
    One life - your life - live it!
    • buildersdaughter
    • By buildersdaughter 10th Jan 19, 4:13 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 1,040 Thanks
    buildersdaughter
    • 10th Jan 19, 4:13 PM
    • 10th Jan 19, 4:13 PM
    You do need to experiment, but here goes:
    if i was just doing bacon & egg, I would heat it up, put in the 'grill' piece, and do the bacon on that, then 'fry' the egg in the bacon fat. What I do is, put slices of tomato & mushroom in the bottom, sausages & bacon on the rack, takes about 30 mins. Then a quick wipe out, and fry the egg on the bottom - you can keep n eye on it through the glass.
    Remoska does a fantastic Spanish omelette, and lovely roast vegetables - which I sometimes do with sausages. Conventional roast potatoes don't crisp quite enough for our liking, but this is one of my springtime favourites:
    portions of chicken, lots of garlic, some rosemary, and 'new' potatoes, with olive oil. All together, takes about an hour in the remoska.
    • retiredlady
    • By retiredlady 11th Jan 19, 12:21 PM
    • 2,183 Posts
    • 7,736 Thanks
    retiredlady
    • 11th Jan 19, 12:21 PM
    • 11th Jan 19, 12:21 PM
    I make pasta bakes, rice bakes, stews, roasts and even baked a cake! The top burned on the cake lol. I’ve done bacon and eggs by putting in bacon first, add eggs later on top of the bacon. Cooking time depends on amount of ingredients. It’s quicker to use a frying pan for bacon and eggs, but if you only have a remoska it’s doable!
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
    • kazmeister
    • By kazmeister 12th Jan 19, 8:53 PM
    • 3,166 Posts
    • 52,858 Thanks
    kazmeister
    • 12th Jan 19, 8:53 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 8:53 PM
    Any joint of meat can be roasted in the Remoska and you could put potatoes round it for roasting, thereby doing Sunday lunch without switching the oven on. If you use readymade Yorkshire puds they could be heated up in a few minutes once you take the meat out.
    Originally posted by Nargleblast
    Hi, I've found when I put potatoes round they end up soggy due to the liquid in the meat. Am I not doing something I should be. Have done successful roast meats (use the juices for gravy) and potatoes but not together.
    Lost my wings, need to learn to fly again
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,658Posts Today

8,198Users online

Martin's Twitter