Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gccirish
    • By Gccirish 10th Jan 19, 11:37 AM
    • 26Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Gccirish
    Ncp parkjng fine
    • 10th Jan 19, 11:37 AM
    Ncp parkjng fine 10th Jan 19 at 11:37 AM
    *please be gentle newbie here*

I have recieved a pcn from ncp in the post. I had forgotten to pay parking (Christmas eve, cold night and crying baby) . I'm finding it confusing trying to read 'sticky note or trying to find an up to date appeal template. Could someone please point me in the right direction.
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Gccirish; 11-03-2019 at 10:06 AM.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 10th Jan 19, 12:00 PM
    • 39,157 Posts
    • 87,441 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 10th Jan 19, 12:00 PM
    • 10th Jan 19, 12:00 PM
    It is not a fine.

You should edit your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people.

The NEWBIES is up to date. It actually tells you this if you read it closely. There is only one appeal template for privately owned cars. It's in blue text.
    There is a separate template for hire or lease cars.

Send the appeal exactly as it is from The Keeper.

If/when it is rejected then continue reading about how to make a second stage appeal?

What type of car park was this? Hospital, railway, retail outlet, individual shop?
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 10-01-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jan 19, 2:12 PM
    • 68,768 Posts
    • 80,986 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Jan 19, 2:12 PM
    • 10th Jan 19, 2:12 PM
    Look at the NEWBIES thread by clicking back where my signature tells you.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Gccirish
    • By Gccirish 13th Jan 19, 9:29 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gccirish
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:29 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:29 PM
    It was at a train station
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jan 19, 9:31 PM
    • 39,157 Posts
    • 87,441 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:31 PM
    In that case it is probably covered by railway byelaws.

This does not change any of the advice you have been given so far.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Gccirish
    • By Gccirish 13th Jan 19, 9:31 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gccirish
    Sorry I can't find where the newbies thread is
    • Gccirish
    • By Gccirish 13th Jan 19, 9:34 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gccirish
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:34 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:34 PM
    Could you please send me a link to that thread if you can please
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Jan 19, 9:41 PM
    • 13,708 Posts
    • 15,001 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:41 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:41 PM
    Please re-read post #3 above.
    • Gccirish
    • By Gccirish 13th Jan 19, 9:50 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gccirish
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:50 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:50 PM
    Sorry I don't know what u mean?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Jan 19, 9:53 PM
    • 13,708 Posts
    • 15,001 Thanks
    KeithP
    I am asking you to re-read the third post on this thread.

That post describes how to find the NEWBIES thread.

But if that's too difficult, go back to the screen where you found the New Thread button and look for the thread entitled:

**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!

It is one of the first four threads in that list.
    • Gccirish
    • By Gccirish 13th Jan 19, 9:59 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gccirish
    It says "where my signature tells you" I don't know where that is. I am new to this like I said in the first place. I am using it on a mobile site maybe that is why I can't see it. Appreciate your smart reply though. THANK YOU!
    Last edited by Gccirish; 13-01-2019 at 10:10 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jan 19, 1:24 AM
    • 68,768 Posts
    • 80,986 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You can't see a poster's signature on a mobile, and this forum won't work well for you on a phone at all.

Look on a laptop or PC and you will be able to do justice to this issue for yourself, I promise you the forum will look entirely different on a laptop and you will see my signature below this reply and you will be able to read the NEWBIES thread properly.

Not possible on a phone, it is full of links and you will not be able to follow it. There is no point at all, me giving you a link to the NEWBIES thread, while you are on a phone. We mean well when we urge you to find a PC or laptop and see what we mean!
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Gccirish
    • By Gccirish 20th Jan 19, 9:15 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gccirish
    Unfortunately I don't have a laptop or pc just an iPad or mobile. No library near me either
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 20th Jan 19, 9:28 AM
    • 12,438 Posts
    • 12,578 Thanks
    The Deep
    Unfortunately I don't have a laptop or pc just an iPad or mobile. No library near me either
    Originally posted by Gccirish
    It looks as though you might have to pay them then, they take people to court at the drop of a hat. You may need to acquaint yourself with at least some of the law surrounding, inter alia, trespass, contract, consumer and tort law.

However you do not need laptop to complain to your MP.

It is the will of Parliament that these scammers, (very often former clampers), be put out of business.

Hopefully that will take place in the near future. The Bill has passed through the HOC without hitch, and goes to the Lords soon. In the meantime involve your MP, the poor dears are buckling under the weight of complaints about these scammers.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Third Reading in late November, and, with a fair wind, will become Law next year.

All three readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 6-7 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    Last edited by The Deep; 20-01-2019 at 9:36 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Jan 19, 7:43 PM
    • 68,768 Posts
    • 80,986 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Unfortunately I don't have a laptop or pc just an iPad or mobile.(
    But your friends will.
    • Gccirish
    • By Gccirish 2nd Feb 19, 9:57 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gccirish
    I'm living abroad away from family and friends ☹
    • MistyZ
    • By MistyZ 2nd Feb 19, 10:34 AM
    • 372 Posts
    • 666 Thanks
    MistyZ
    I guess there's still an address in the UK, that correct? In some circumstances living abroad saves the day ....

Despite reliance on phone, can you tell us more e.g. whether you are indeed the Registered Keeper of the car & whether the move abroad is permanent. If possible, search for posts from people living abroad.

Is there an Internet cafe near you?
    • Gccirish
    • By Gccirish 2nd Feb 19, 6:23 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gccirish
    Sorry I just mean I am living abroad (as in the UK) so my friends and family don't live here.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 2nd Feb 19, 7:00 PM
    • 22,588 Posts
    • 35,569 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Sorry I just mean I am living abroad (as in the UK) so my friends and family don't live here.
    Are you saying that you're a non-UK citizen where your usual (family) address is outside of the UK?

What address is the PPC communicating with you - here in the UK, or the address where your family are?

I use an iPad for 90% of the stuff I do on the forum and it should be more than sufficient for the reading and research work you need to do. A mobile phone is a waste of time for this. You'll end up frustrated and with a headache!
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • MistyZ
    • By MistyZ 2nd Feb 19, 8:18 PM
    • 372 Posts
    • 666 Thanks
    MistyZ
    If you lived next door to me, I'd lend you my laptop. Especially for this particular task! Are you sure there's nobody you can ask?

Firstly, it's important to answer Umkomaas' questions to make the situation very clear and get the best help.

Secondly, if you are really not able to get hold of a laptop, I'll find the information you need for the first steps and post it here, if I can.
    Last edited by MistyZ; 02-02-2019 at 8:33 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,127Posts Today

7,224Users online

Martin's Twitter