Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ostaragirl
    • By ostaragirl 9th Jan 19, 3:22 PM
    • 264Posts
    • 1,446Thanks
    ostaragirl
    Problem finding a switch due to location in UK
    • 9th Jan 19, 3:22 PM
    Problem finding a switch due to location in UK 9th Jan 19 at 3:22 PM
    I am having problems using the cheap energy club. I have tried to switch but the company I tried to use contacted me to say it couldn't take my gas due to the area I live in. There is no way I can find to filter on location and I don't think keep trying different companies until I find one makes much sense. Is there any way I can rectify this or find out which energy companies I can use?
Page 1
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 9th Jan 19, 3:27 PM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 486 Thanks
    wavelets
    • 9th Jan 19, 3:27 PM
    • 9th Jan 19, 3:27 PM
    I am having problems using the cheap energy club. I have tried to switch but the company I tried to use contacted me to say it couldn't take my gas due to the area I live in. There is no way I can find to filter on location and I don't think keep trying different companies until I find one makes much sense. Is there any way I can rectify this or find out which energy companies I can use?
    Originally posted by ostaragirl
    Check directly with the supplier of your choice website if they will supply you.

Most suppliers will supply most of the mainland, so if the first one doesn't the second one probably will.

You don't want to switch to Bulb Energy anyway, so probably a blessing in disguise.
    Have you seen their financial position?
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5948047
    Last edited by wavelets; 09-01-2019 at 3:32 PM.
    • ostaragirl
    • By ostaragirl 9th Jan 19, 5:04 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 1,446 Thanks
    ostaragirl
    • 9th Jan 19, 5:04 PM
    • 9th Jan 19, 5:04 PM
    Check directly with the supplier of your choice website if they will supply you.

Most suppliers will supply most of the mainland, so if the first one doesn't the second one probably will.

You don't want to switch to Bulb Energy anyway, so probably a blessing in disguise.
    Have you seen their financial position?
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5948047
    Originally posted by wavelets
    To be honest I'm more annoyed that I am penalised because of where I live. They said I'm in an independent local distribution zone for gas apparently. I guess they just aren't a big enough company yet as I can choose from all the usual suspects, usually the dearest options too.
    • pooch
    • By pooch 12th Jan 19, 11:43 PM
    • 779 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    pooch
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:43 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 11:43 PM
    To be honest I'm more annoyed that I am penalised because of where I live. They said I'm in an independent local distribution zone for gas apparently. I guess they just aren't a big enough company yet as I can choose from all the usual suspects, usually the dearest options too.
    Originally posted by ostaragirl
    If your MPRN starts with 10 as you say in post#4 here
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5949610
    then you are not "in an independent local distribution zone for gas "
    i.e you are not supplied via an Independent Gas Transporter
    • ostaragirl
    • By ostaragirl 13th Jan 19, 3:09 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 1,446 Thanks
    ostaragirl
    • 13th Jan 19, 3:09 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 3:09 PM
    If your MPRN starts with 10 as you say in post#4 here
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5949610
    then you are not "in an independent local distribution zone for gas "
    i.e you are not supplied via an Independent Gas Transporter
    Originally posted by pooch
    This is what they said
    I'm emailing as there's been a problem with your recent request to switch to Bulb.

Your gas is located on an independent local distribution zone and because of this, unfortunately Bulb isn't able to supply gas to your property. Sorry about this! It tends to be only the bigger, regional suppliers that are able to take people on in these zones.

We can still take on your electricity if you'd like us to take this over? Just let me know and I'll process with an electricity only switch.

Thanks,
    Matt!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

14Posts Today

3,269Users online

Martin's Twitter