Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sparkychap
    • By Sparkychap 9th Jan 19, 2:13 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 27Thanks
    Sparkychap
    How Would You React / Deal With This?
    • 9th Jan 19, 2:13 PM
    How Would You React / Deal With This? 9th Jan 19 at 2:13 PM
    I get a letter from a well known UK car dealer confirming the purchase of a second hand car, registration number is on letter. Letter is addressed to my address (correct address) but has someone else's name on it.

I telephone dealership to let them know of the error, person on other end of phone tells me the address it should have gone to. Given I feel this is a breech of DP I ask for a manager to call me back.

30 minutes later a manager calls, apologises for error and says it happens a lot! Don't worry it is not serious and won't affect me (not unless the guy who has bought the car has taken out HP at my address, I guess!)

He then says in a joking manner, you might get the logbook for the car, please do not shred it, give me a call and we'll pick it up.

I felt he didn't really take how serious this breech is - giving me the address of the customer for instance.

Would you report this to the ICO or just ignore it.
    Last edited by Sparkychap; 09-01-2019 at 2:17 PM.
Page 2
    • Scrapit
    • By Scrapit 13th Jan 19, 10:37 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    Scrapit
    Clear as mud you are - he also is PPR so can't reply unless he gets an alter ego - something you would know all about
    Originally posted by Mercdriver
    What does that mean? Literally. Don't know what ppr means. Showed you up, eh?
    • Mercdriver
    • By Mercdriver 14th Jan 19, 1:19 AM
    • 2,391 Posts
    • 1,643 Thanks
    Mercdriver
    What does that mean? Literally. Don't know what ppr means. Showed you up, eh?
    Originally posted by Scrapit
    Posting Privileges Removed.

Grow up.
    • photome
    • By photome 14th Jan 19, 7:37 AM
    • 13,904 Posts
    • 9,432 Thanks
    photome
    And.... gone! Bye Sandra, see you next week!
    Originally posted by spadoosh

Has Sandra gone
    • Scrapit
    • By Scrapit 19th Jan 19, 10:49 AM
    • 406 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    Scrapit
    Posting Privileges Removed.

Grow up.
    Originally posted by Mercdriver
    Likewise and moreso.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

802Posts Today

6,645Users online

Martin's Twitter