Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 8th Jan 19, 1:23 PM
    • 1,977Posts
    • 3,558Thanks
    Zinco
    Are you still eating up Christmas food n goodies?
    • 8th Jan 19, 1:23 PM
    Are you still eating up Christmas food n goodies? 8th Jan 19 at 1:23 PM
    What have you got left?

Page 2
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 12th Jan 19, 7:53 PM
    • 15,511 Posts
    • 21,557 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Just eaten the last of the stuffing. Got a box of Australian mince pies to dispose of next.

And the cheese. Still got tons of cheese.
    “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
    • welshbookworm
    • By welshbookworm 12th Jan 19, 8:10 PM
    • 2,630 Posts
    • 6,808 Thanks
    welshbookworm
    Started on the last box of chocolates today.
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 12th Jan 19, 8:14 PM
    • 8,610 Posts
    • 27,492 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    We were given Loads of festive food, quite a lot with dark chocolate which only I like (ahem, really must try to redirect that relative) & there is still a lot left as it's fun but we're not good at 'eating exotic' three times a day.

I'm thinking the christmas cake should probably go to a food bank or as a treat to charity shop staff, and that really an audit & clearout would be kinder to all.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 12th Jan 19, 8:25 PM
    • 15,511 Posts
    • 21,557 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    I've still got my stash of Cadbury's "Old Gold" rum and raisin chocolate left too. That's got to last me to my next delivery at Easter though.
    “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 12th Jan 19, 9:59 PM
    • 3,236 Posts
    • 8,861 Thanks
    Callie22
    We still have about a quarter of the vegetable drawer in the fridge filled with chocolate It was all gifts and whilst we're trying our best, I think saturation point has been reached …
    • horleyflyer
    • By horleyflyer 12th Jan 19, 10:49 PM
    • 2,440 Posts
    • 5,314 Thanks
    horleyflyer
    Just cracked open the tin of Heroes
    Having eaten more cheese......
    Girls do it better....
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 13th Jan 19, 8:40 AM
    • 14,910 Posts
    • 57,770 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I didn't buy any goodies so there's none to finish.....
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • Zinco
    • By Zinco 13th Jan 19, 8:43 AM
    • 1,977 Posts
    • 3,558 Thanks
    Zinco
    I didn't buy any goodies so there's none to finish.....
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    I didn't have much to start with, so all gone by the end of Boxing Day.

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 13th Jan 19, 9:49 AM
    • 25,541 Posts
    • 67,481 Thanks
    pollypenny
    We've still got lots of cheese left. I fancied a bit of Sant Paulin last week, but it had been opened and had turned into blue cheese.

Didn't risk it.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • Houbara
    • By Houbara 13th Jan 19, 12:35 PM
    • 4,099 Posts
    • 2,666 Thanks
    Houbara
    Nowt.....all gone......didn't put any weight on......£zero on the Credit Card,
    Originally posted by PompeyPete
    I only relapsed once at the xmas dinner table with one mince pie and a smidgen of xmas pud..The joys of diabetes !.. No weight gained..Wallet lost a lot of weight due to xmas presents.
    I should have listened to the sensible advice given by Martin Lewis about the obligations of giving gifts over xmas..Next year I will broadcast my intent with advance warnings I think.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,454Posts Today

9,573Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Perhaps the only thing we truly learn from this poll is we are generally optimistic. Most Brexiteers think Brexit w? https://t.co/DoosVRvneE

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ??Join the UK's biggest consumer website ??Make a difference ??Work with brilliant journalists ??Collaborate with top b?

• Today's Twitter poll: Do you believe the UK will leave the European Union in 2019? PS. Twitter/my following tends? https://t.co/U3DknxaJOG

• Follow Martin