Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Villager1
    • By Villager1 8th Jan 19, 1:46 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 12Thanks
    Villager1
    I called PCM after receiving debt collectors letter in panic. Have I messed up?
    • 8th Jan 19, 1:46 AM
    I called PCM after receiving debt collectors letter in panic. Have I messed up? 8th Jan 19 at 1:46 AM
    Hi Iím so sorry to start a new thread, couldnít find my answer in newbies. PCM charged me for ďparking out of bayĒ at a train station when Iíd stopped for 30-60seconds to remove baggage and my back tyre was ON the marked line rather than in it as I see on their photos, whilst I quickly removed luggage from boot to drop someone off. I feel itís very unfair but with the level of escalation starting to feel Iíve comitted a serious crime amounting to £160. Iím a doctor and donít need the extra stress right now
    I sent a lengthy letter to complaints with firstly a complaint of their service (very inconsistent information when I called them, a letter coincidently not sent by them meant I lost my time frame of appealing through IAS), and some of your mentioned point such as lack of signage, who the ďparked attendantĒ was? (as no one was there to issue the ticket, unless the were very far away zooming in with a camera), and how the 60 second stop would have caused them loss of business. However I DID refer to being the driver and probably implied itís my car.
    In a panic on receiving the debt collector letter I called PCM and had a very stern lady saying my complaint has no link to the appeal (despite my letter being recieved and not acknowledged) and that the £160 fine remains, making me feel worse. I tried to offer paying £60 but she refused and eventually the line cut off (seemed deliberate). Very unprofessional service and feel bullied into paying.

Seeing as Iíve done a couple of things wrong, should I now just pay the fine of £160? I donít seem to be supported by any friends or family that this is a scam.

Thanks
Page 3
    • Villager1
    • By Villager1 11th Jan 19, 9:32 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Villager1
    We never forget a member v the scammer

Even though you are a doc, a large scotch might help
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    I'm a 32 year old female so scotch isn't really my drink plus everyone should be on dry January!! Great, you'll be notified when i reply on this thread? i'll have a good read of Newbies in interim.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jan 19, 9:47 PM
    • 68,591 Posts
    • 80,863 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You are still wondering whether to pay even though you know PCM were outed on Watchdog, and feature in endless Parking Prankster Blogs about 'Mrs Sunglasses' and other predatory employees, and NEVER win a defended case here?

PCM are lying about Vine. You can find that by searching the forum for 'Vine'!

In the case Vine v Waltham Forest LBC (2000) the precedent was set that once is it established that sufficient and adequate warning signs are in place, a driver cannot be heard to say they did not see the notice.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Jan 19, 11:05 PM
    • 10,921 Posts
    • 14,478 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I'm a 32 year old female so scotch isn't really my drink plus everyone should be on dry January!!
    Originally posted by Villager1
    That's positive, keep it up
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Egbert Nobacon
    • By Egbert Nobacon 13th Jan 19, 10:52 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    Egbert Nobacon
    Hi Villager1,

Hope this may give you more courage.
    My daughter got a parking invoice from PCM which went to court last November.
    We didn’t find this site until about a week before the court case and made a right pig’s ear of the procedure relying purely on inadequate signage.
    However the DJ found in our favour dismissing the claim ����
    PCM didn’t attend which probably helped.

I would suggest that you will not only win this on quoting “Grace Periods “ but could claim unreasonable behaviour costs and also a claim for acquiring your data without justification as this claim is so weak.

This could well amount to 4 figures so go for it and punish the scammers for the grief they have caused you.

The excellent regulars on this site may guide you through this if they agree with my remarks.

GOOD LUCK you can easily beat the PCM scum.
    • Villager1
    • By Villager1 14th Jan 19, 1:34 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Villager1
    Thank you for the feedback on your daughters case that’s very promising! I felt vulnerable dealing with this initially but have had a lot of encouraged support on here so will pursue it to court (as that’s how PCM seem to deal with their claims).

My only worry I guess has been that I may go work abroad for a while and i could miss some important post if this gets dragged on... Also haven’t had a chance to go back and take photos and worry they put up new signs before I get round to doing that..
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 14th Jan 19, 1:46 PM
    • 4,331 Posts
    • 3,482 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    If you go to work abroad for any length of time, just inform the PPC/solicitor of your address for service.
    • mnkut
    • By mnkut 15th Jan 19, 8:54 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    mnkut
    Thank you for the feedback on your daughters case thatís very promising! I felt vulnerable dealing with this initially but have had a lot of encouraged support on here so will pursue it to court (as thatís how PCM seem to deal with their claims).

My only worry I guess has been that I may go work abroad for a while and i could miss some important post if this gets dragged on... Also havenít had a chance to go back and take photos and worry they put up new signs before I get round to doing that..
    Originally posted by Villager1
    Do take pics, but also remember Google street view has a(in most cases) year on year view. So you can illustrate to the judge using this as well.
    I won today at court against PCM and I'd be happy to assist you, it's definitely an easy win and great experience!
    • Villager1
    • By Villager1 17th Jan 19, 1:08 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Villager1
    Thanks all, Iíve got photos now from google maps (which definitely confirms ridiculous signage and nothing specifically around the bay I dropped off) and also has the creepy attendant stood on the other side of the road. Funny enough 2 cars parked there on google maps are also ďoutside of bayĒ so thatís also proof the signage is absolute rubbish.

Iím eager to get prepared for court! How long will I be waiting? Should I hang fire till I do hear from court? Itís like an assignment I want to start early and pass with flying colours!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Jan 19, 1:46 AM
    • 68,591 Posts
    • 80,863 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Wow you have come on in in leaps and bounds, regarding your approach to this case and exposing the scam. Jolly good!

mnkut has offered to assist you as well, as he/she has won PCM cases. They are one of the easier firms to beat as they operate such a predatory model, with most PCNs issued in minutes having given a driver no hope of having read the signs that they then rely on.

No contract = no case.

As steve1500 said:

...this is so easy to win. Even at the appeal, you stopped for 30 - 60 secs

You have to be allowed to read the signs - The plant life are just trying to bully you.
    Remind us what stage you are at, as this thread is soooo long?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 17th Jan 19, 7:29 AM
    • 160 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    They have up to 6 years in England to issue a claim from you.

If you get a letter before claim let us know. Ignore any further debt collector letters.

CM the OP has had a debt collector letter so nothing else to be done now
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Jan 19, 9:28 AM
    • 22,510 Posts
    • 35,433 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Will you have someone handling your post here while you are working abroad? How long do you anticipate being abroad?
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Villager1
    • By Villager1 17th Jan 19, 10:46 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Villager1
    So this is the thing, I have no idea if or when I’d move abroad and might be for any time up to a year. So I’d probably have to return for the court case? I hope I can claim against them for the massive nuisance this has and is still to cause!? Checking post regularly would be a struggle but I would have to find a way. Looking at the pattern with PCM I’m guessing a court case might happen in 6 months from now? (Only recieved one debt collector letter so far). So I may get ahead of the game and start doing the next bit whilst fresh in my head!
    • Parkingfines
    • By Parkingfines 17th Jan 19, 11:50 AM
    • 160 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Parkingfines
    You can expect to receive about 4 debt collector letters.
    Nothing else doing until you receive any solicitors letters or court claim
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 17th Jan 19, 11:57 AM
    • 5,007 Posts
    • 6,116 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    If you move abroad, you give them your new ADDRESS FOR SERVICE overseas
    You send this first class, proof of posting, and send it to the scammers. NOONE else. It is the scammers job to inform all they hire

You state that you hold them responsible for all damages and impact of a CCJ shoudl they incorrectly use your old address for service, and will make a complaint to the SRA should they employ solicitors to file a knowingly false claim.
    • Villager1
    • By Villager1 6th Mar 19, 11:08 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Villager1
    Hi all, just wanted to update that I finally got a chance to go back to take a video today of the station and the signs are in my opinion small to miss when driving passed although there is a sign on the floor saying “no drop off or collection” which I only noticed if I wasn’t trying to read the signs above!! I’m also not sure if some of it is new. But can this be used against me if it came to court? Ironically, I videoed a man parked out his car trying to read the sign who probably has a ticket now too.

I’ve so far had a few debt collector letters.

Thank you
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 6th Mar 19, 2:23 PM
    • 5,007 Posts
    • 6,116 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    If there are too many signs to be read while passing, then that counts against them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

650Posts Today

6,072Users online

Martin's Twitter