Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Itsascam
    • By Itsascam 6th Jan 19, 7:23 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 9Thanks
    Itsascam
    Indigo ITAL appeal
    • 6th Jan 19, 7:23 PM
    Indigo ITAL appeal 6th Jan 19 at 7:23 PM
    I'm a newbie but have spent quite a bit of time reading up and still not sure what I should do next.
    I am the keeper of a vehicle that received a PCN from Indigo on 07/11.
    Following advice on various threads I waited until a letter was received by the owner. I took this to be the notice to keeper.
    This was appealed online using the template in the newbie forum.
    This was rejected by an email from zzps on 18/12
    In here there is a note that this can be appealed to ITAL including an ITAL Verification Code.

I read the thread linked from here entitled "Mainly for Regulars - a new twist on the Indigo appeals procedures" - sorry as a Newbie I can't post the link directly) .
    The current case is similar to the one described here, except the current case received the PCN on the windscreen, and the date of the appeal completing on the parking cowboys POPLA code checker (sorry not allowed to post the link) is 5 days after the pepipoo case.

I intend to follow fairly closely the appeal wording on this Peepipo forum (barring the 15 day time out which I understand does not apply to PCNs in the windscreen).

I've checked the POPLA appeals site for wording but Indigo appeals seem to stop in 2017 - and I do understand that Indigo are now suppose to provide POPLA codes. I guess there have not been any yet?

The chap in the peepipo case has stated that the ITAL code does not work on the POPLA website and that is where the thread ends, but I assume he will end up only appealing to ITAL. I will follow this other case closely and hopefully since I have a couple of days extra I will know the outcome in time, but.......

That may not be the case so wanted to check with the old hands on here if they agree with this approach? The current deadline is Jan 15th the Peepipo case in Jan 10th.

I notice the advice on MSE tends to be one appeal at a time, wherease over on the peepipo case there seem to be several appeals in one?

I can post the wording from the other forum if people like (it's quite long)
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 19, 9:16 PM
    • 65,485 Posts
    • 78,015 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Expect to lose but as long as nothing says you are committing yourself to an ADR where the decision is legally binding on you, it's fine.

Check the small print as you are one of the first to try and none of us have done.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 12th Jan 19, 9:23 PM
    • 2,746 Posts
    • 3,410 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    there is no small print , look at appeal form

however , reaf this

"Should you remain dissatisfied with this decision, or have additional evidence, you may further your appeal to the Appeals Service within 28 days of receiving your rejection letter. Appeals may be submitted online at www.asparking.co.uk or by post at:

Appeals Service (Parking)
    PO Box 267
    Petersfield
    GU32 9FH

You’ll be issued with a 10 digit verification code, which you must use with your appeal to the Appeals Service. This is shown at the top of your rejection letter. The Appeals Service process does not apply in Scotland or to PN’s (Penalty Notices) received at a railway station car park.
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Handbags-at-dawn
    • By Handbags-at-dawn 12th Jan 19, 9:34 PM
    • 159 Posts
    • 326 Thanks
    Handbags-at-dawn
    there is no small print , look at appeal form

however , reaf this

"Should you remain dissatisfied with this decision, or have additional evidence, you may further your appeal to the Appeals Service within 28 days of receiving your rejection letter. Appeals may be submitted online at www.asparking.co.uk or by post at:

Appeals Service (Parking)
    PO Box 267

Petersfield
    GU32 9FH

Youíll be issued with a 10 digit verification code, which you must use with your appeal to the Appeals Service. This is shown at the top of your rejection letter. The Appeals Service process does not apply in Scotland or to PNís (Penalty Notices) received at a railway station car park.
    Originally posted by twhitehousescat
    Well spotted. What a complete Horlicks....

And so much for being independent. The whole FAQs page seems to have been written by and for the benefit of Indigo. This is the link I think:
    https://www.asparking.co.uk/Faq

What on earth does the BPA think itís doing?
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 12th Jan 19, 9:40 PM
    • 2,746 Posts
    • 3,410 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    ok we have a problem , or rather indigo have

the DFT state that in cases bylaws/railway (indigo) that notices must be called penalty notices https://popla.co.uk/docs/default-source/default-document-library/popla-update-on-tickets-issued-for-alleged-breach-of-byelaws.pdf?sfvrsn=0 and that an indipendent appeal service must be offered

popla quickly realised they were going to have to work - with no pay (no evidence offered) and quickly declined the offer , ITAL was hastily set up , but are now saying no penalty notices

i wonder if DFT know what the hell is happening
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Itsascam
    • By Itsascam 13th Jan 19, 1:29 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Itsascam
    Many thanks all. It sounds to me like the appeal to ITAL is giving everyone that does so an extra 28 days. Great!

I will double check that I'm not committing myself to an ADR before submitting.

Will let people know what happens.
    • Itsascam
    • By Itsascam 13th Jan 19, 1:35 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Itsascam
    And the website to appeal the appeal is bla.parkindigoappeals.bla - actually has Indigo in the url even! (I had to put the blas in as a newbie)
    • Itsascam
    • By Itsascam 13th Jan 19, 1:48 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Itsascam
    Sorry realised that is just the faqs as if appealing to indigo rather than the challenge the results of that appeal - as somone pointed out. What a load of brown stuff.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Jan 19, 1:49 PM
    • 2,746 Posts
    • 3,410 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    yup

but in theory you have already made an appeal to indigo and been given a code for ital
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jan 19, 1:54 PM
    • 38,489 Posts
    • 86,303 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    ok we have a problem , or rather indigo have

the DFT state that in cases bylaws/railway (indigo) that notices must be called penalty notices https://popla.co.uk/docs/default-source/default-document-library/popla-update-on-tickets-issued-for-alleged-breach-of-byelaws.pdf?sfvrsn=0 and that an indipendent appeal service must be offered

popla quickly realised they were going to have to work - with no pay (no evidence offered) and quickly declined the offer , ITAL was hastily set up , but are now saying no penalty notices

i wonder if DFT know what the hell is happening
    The DfT didn't say this, at least not in the letter they wrote to PoPLA last June. It mentions ticketing and parking charge notices, but not penalty notices.

yup

but in theory you have already made an appeal to indigo and been given a code for ital
    How to appeal a parking fine by Indigo. Fine? Complaint to the BPA methinks.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Jan 19, 2:01 PM
    • 2,746 Posts
    • 3,410 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    I was thinking of the letters much later , nov 2018?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

232Posts Today

4,036Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This probably (who knows) makes it both more likely we'll remain in the EU via a 2nd referendum and more likely we'? https://t.co/GrNV48E1jS

• Instant aftermath poll: After a defeat by over 230 votes on a flagship issue (Brexit) should Theresa May resign?

• Wow losing by over 200. That's not defeat it's obliteration. Has there ever been a time before when a PM could lo? https://t.co/i0sVwL9P9P

• Follow Martin