Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ev8
    • By ev8 3rd Jan 19, 6:04 PM
    • 130Posts
    • 46Thanks
    ev8
    PIP forms, no letter of receipt
    • 3rd Jan 19, 6:04 PM
    PIP forms, no letter of receipt 3rd Jan 19 at 6:04 PM
    With PIP previous PIP forms, I sent them and less than a week later I received a letter saying they had my forms and were looking at the information and contacting my GP for more information.

I sent off my review forms and they arrived on December 14th and I know they arrived and were signed for, however I haven't received anything to say they have them or are looking at them.

Is there any time frame on this, I guess there will be delays due to the holiday period.
Page 1
    • longleggedhair
    • By longleggedhair 3rd Jan 19, 6:23 PM
    • 351 Posts
    • 419 Thanks
    longleggedhair
    • 3rd Jan 19, 6:23 PM
    • 3rd Jan 19, 6:23 PM
    I have had the same. Sent my review form back in November and still not heard anything.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 3rd Jan 19, 7:06 PM
    • 4,175 Posts
    • 4,007 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 3rd Jan 19, 7:06 PM
    • 3rd Jan 19, 7:06 PM
    With PIP previous PIP forms, I sent them and less than a week later I received a letter saying they had my forms and were looking at the information and contacting my GP for more information.

I sent off my review forms and they arrived on December 14th and I know they arrived and were signed for, however I haven't received anything to say they have them or are looking at them.

Is there any time frame on this, I guess there will be delays due to the holiday period.
    Originally posted by ev8
    I sent my daughters review forms back beginning of December and i didn't receive a text message either to say they received them. I know they did because i rang to check. If they hadn't received them then your PIP would have stopped. There's no timescales for the review process.

Just so you know, they very rarely contact anyone for any evidence. The onus is always on the claimant to make sure it's sent to support their claim.
    • ev8
    • By ev8 3rd Jan 19, 7:15 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    ev8
    • 3rd Jan 19, 7:15 PM
    • 3rd Jan 19, 7:15 PM
    I sent my daughters review forms back beginning of December and i didn't receive a text message either to say they received them. I know they did because i rang to check. If they hadn't received them then your PIP would have stopped. There's no timescales for the review process.

Just so you know, they very rarely contact anyone for any evidence. The onus is always on the claimant to make sure it's sent to support their claim.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    Maybe they're a bit slower off the mark due to the end of the year/Christmas holidays?!

I always provide a lot of evidence that proves as much as I can, but that has been a letter I have received in the past, saying they were contacting my GP, I don't believe they did contact them, so perhaps it was a template letter they sent out?
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 3rd Jan 19, 7:50 PM
    • 1,240 Posts
    • 849 Thanks
    calcotti
    • 3rd Jan 19, 7:50 PM
    • 3rd Jan 19, 7:50 PM
    Maybe they're a bit slower off the mark due to the end of the year/Christmas holidays?!

I always provide a lot of evidence that proves as much as I can, but that has been a letter I have received in the past, saying they were contacting my GP, I don't believe they did contact them, so perhaps it was a template letter they sent out?
    Originally posted by ev8
    They do sometimes contact GPs for information. I have seen this in appeal paperwork.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 3rd Jan 19, 8:14 PM
    • 4,175 Posts
    • 4,007 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 3rd Jan 19, 8:14 PM
    • 3rd Jan 19, 8:14 PM
    They do sometimes contact GPs for information. I have seen this in appeal paperwork.
    Originally posted by calcotti
    Sometimes yes, but very rarely.
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 3rd Jan 19, 8:17 PM
    • 1,240 Posts
    • 849 Thanks
    calcotti
    • 3rd Jan 19, 8:17 PM
    • 3rd Jan 19, 8:17 PM
    Sometimes yes, but very rarely.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    Agreed........
    • ev8
    • By ev8 13th Jan 19, 2:44 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    ev8
    • 13th Jan 19, 2:44 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 2:44 PM
    I've still had nothing back from them a month after they have received the forms.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 13th Jan 19, 3:53 PM
    • 4,175 Posts
    • 4,007 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 13th Jan 19, 3:53 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 3:53 PM
    I've still had nothing back from them a month after they have received the forms.
    Originally posted by ev8
    Me either and i returned my daughters review forms in the beginning of November. If you're still receiving your payments then i wouldn't worry. If they hadn't received the forms then your money would have stopped. There's nothing you can do in the meantime. Most have face to face assessments so expect that.
    • Tommo1980
    • By Tommo1980 14th Jan 19, 10:41 AM
    • 381 Posts
    • 595 Thanks
    Tommo1980
    Same, no text or letter of confirmation. I had to phone in the end because I had the letter to say that the deadline was nearly up and they hadn't received my review form.

It turned out the letter had just crossed over with the receipt of my form and everything was fine.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

308Posts Today

2,626Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As normal I am signing off twitter for the weekend - to spend time with mini and Mrs MSE. Hope you have a wonderfu? https://t.co/FG3sRfkIgA

• RT @LauraFrancis9: Top crew! We may film in the freeeeeeeezing cold every week, but this bunch make it fun. (And huge thanks as always to @?

• Turns out this is all Google served. We've been in touch and it's shutting it down which should cut it on many webs? https://t.co/8OYeMjEu4n

• Follow Martin