Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AnnieW
    • By AnnieW 3rd Jan 19, 12:29 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    AnnieW
    Mobiles.co.uk O2 iphone XR cashback problem
    • 3rd Jan 19, 12:29 PM
    Mobiles.co.uk O2 iphone XR cashback problem 3rd Jan 19 at 12:29 PM
    I'm hoping someone here can help me!
    I signed up for the new contract offer with o2 via the moneysavingexpert email last week. I missed the original deal advertised in the email (mobiles.co.uk iPhone XR £50 upfront, %£50 auto cashback and £38 /month for unlimited mins/text and 30Gb data), but instead that evening (28/12) signed up for the altered offer detailed on the moneysaving expert site (mobiles.co.uk o2 £175 upfront, £100 auto cashback, £34/month for unlimited mins/text and 15 Gb data).
    I noticed that I hadn't got anything in my confirmation email about the cashback, and logged in and nothing there either. I emailed them on 1/1/19 and am waiting on a reply, but decided to ring today and ask about it. The person I spoke to said it wasn't showing on my account, and that I should wait for a response from the team I emailed. I am now concerned that I won't get the £100 as they have pulled the deal and I have no evidence of it existing. Does anyone know how I can tackle this to get the cashback? I know I haven't made it up as friends of mine used it to negotiate with EE and EE looked at it with them!
    The notes on moneysaving expert have now been changed as well - I'm not sure if the team at MSE towers would have a way of sharing that with me?! Anyone have any ideas or a similar problem?!

Thanks for reading if you have read to the end!!
Page 1
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 3rd Jan 19, 12:50 PM
    • 51,675 Posts
    • 21,913 Thanks
    grumbler
    • 3rd Jan 19, 12:50 PM
    • 3rd Jan 19, 12:50 PM
    Even if everything goes smoothly, mobiles.co.uk can give you runaround.
    You should have cancelled the order as soon as you received the e-mail without any confirmation of the cashback. Now be prepared to a long battle.
    I'll be happy to be proved wrong.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 3rd Jan 19, 2:22 PM
    • 8,035 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 3rd Jan 19, 2:22 PM
    • 3rd Jan 19, 2:22 PM
    If the offer was from MSE, good luck. If it was from Mobiles.co you didn't follow the groundrules - one of the first being to print out at the point of sale what you agreed to. Without that, you can only hope Mobiles.co are receptive - though they tried it on with my first (non-auto) cashback claim recently, so don't hold your breath.
    Last edited by mobilejunkie; 03-01-2019 at 5:18 PM.
    • AnnieW
    • By AnnieW 3rd Jan 19, 2:45 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    AnnieW
    • 3rd Jan 19, 2:45 PM
    • 3rd Jan 19, 2:45 PM
    Thanks both, I suspect Iím onto a loser too. Itís still the best offer on the market currently, but Iím deciding whether to cancel and send it back at the mo as I havenít opened it yet. It was advertised on MSE, but not an MSE offer. Iíll just have to fight it as best as I can and hope!
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 3rd Jan 19, 2:51 PM
    • 11,891 Posts
    • 5,305 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 3rd Jan 19, 2:51 PM
    • 3rd Jan 19, 2:51 PM
    No sign of £100 cashback on MSE .
    Do you have any evidence ?? Your friends have screenshots ??

Deals can be dropped at anytime .
    • AnnieW
    • By AnnieW 4th Jan 19, 9:24 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    AnnieW
    • 4th Jan 19, 9:24 AM
    • 4th Jan 19, 9:24 AM
    I know thereís no mention of it now-itís been updated to reflect the current deal which is without the cashback. And no, unfortunately no screenshots taken. The perils of acting on deals at Christmas time whilst travelling the country visiting relatives (basically being too busy and distracted!) and therefore not being as thorough as usual. The deal was definitely on when I signed up...but I know itís unlikely theyíll honour it retrospectively. Ironically all I would need is for someone at MSE to link to the post they did have up on 28/12, but thereís no way of directly contacting anyone for this as far as I can work out.
    • AnnieW
    • By AnnieW 7th Jan 19, 11:44 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    AnnieW
    • 7th Jan 19, 11:44 AM
    • 7th Jan 19, 11:44 AM
    Amazingly all sorted. Now have it in writing from mobiles.co.uk that the cashback will be paid-yay!
    • Daveyp
    • By Daveyp 13th Jan 19, 8:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Daveyp
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:50 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 8:50 PM
    How did you get the confirmation Annie? I signed the same deal and checking I too see no mention in the initial orders / emails

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,025Posts Today

5,056Users online

Martin's Twitter