Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 1st Jan 19, 3:36 PM
    • 10,261Posts
    • 51,696Thanks
    Mooloo
    I will cut my coat according to my cloth. Mooloo 2019
    • 1st Jan 19, 3:36 PM
    I will cut my coat according to my cloth. Mooloo 2019 1st Jan 19 at 3:36 PM
    As I am a Seamstress, and this year is about my sorting out my life and changing my direction, finally loosing the family debts etc perhaps the title is the most apt I can come up with this year.
    Here is to 2019 and a frugal year to change my direction so that I can rebuild my dreams in the next year.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
Page 6
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Jan 19, 9:07 PM
    • 60,032 Posts
    • 251,866 Thanks
    beanielou
    Just to say oh how I get you on the just mum & DS time.
    It feeds my soul.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 13th Jan 19, 12:06 PM
    • 10,261 Posts
    • 51,696 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Elaine says the website has been hacked, but the guys are working on it. So hopefully it will be sorted soon.
    I have had a lazy day because I'm struggling with bloating and constipated. I have taken my medication etc but it is not working yet!
    Not so good as today Dgd and I are meeting up with family friends in Oxford in an all you can eat for lunch at 2pm
    At this rate I will not be able to eat anything! Not good.
    I have done the wages so I don't have to worry about that later.
    I did not see at home again! I just felt too yuck. So I have gone from one lot of trouble on Monday to the opposite all the rest of the week!
    Not good at all.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 13th Jan 19, 12:37 PM
    • 2,571 Posts
    • 24,198 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Thanks for contacting Elaine . It just took me back to when she was offline for a long time after the problems last time .

I'm sorry you aren't feeling too good today . Such a shame when your going to Oxford for a meal . I hope the meds will help and it doesn't ruin your day .

As for not sewing last night do you think you could manage to leave Saturday evenings as rest time even if only for a few weeks . After teaching yesterday you deserved to put your feet up and try to relax . You've really pushed beyond your limits bringing work home etc over the last year so need to rest and recover .

Hope you start to feel better and enjoy the rest of today.

pollyx
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 14th Jan 19, 6:53 AM
    • 10,261 Posts
    • 51,696 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Luckily it was an all you can eat place, so nobody really noticed that I only had a few small things on my plate. What I did have was lovely, but I was just too uncomfortable.
    I enjoyed the company even though the men had us going into a pub to watch the football. Well some women like it but not me. Dgd and I entertained ourselves on our phones. Her on games and me reading a book.
    Watched Vera before going to bed.
    This morning my medicine is finally beginning to work.
    So I should start to feel better soon!

On the work side I have plenty to do, one lady has 4 skirts all to be taken in, there is best part of half the day there. We have a wedding fitting this morning too. I need to finish the zip in the jacket and plenty of things to do if I get a chance.
    I will try to do the Thermal bags at home this evening. They are not an order just for stock, and display so I am only going to do them if I feel up to it.
    • hb2
    • By hb2 14th Jan 19, 2:41 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    hb2
    I'm glad your medicine is starting to work, Mooloo, and hope you will soon be feeling more comfortable. I detest football!!
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 14th Jan 19, 7:34 PM
    • 10,261 Posts
    • 51,696 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I came home early. Still struggling a bit.
    Bloating is very uncomfortable.
    I think I am going to have to seriously look at my food etc as I really am not sure what exactly is making me feel so bad.

I am really tired and I need to get a decent night sleep.
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 14th Jan 19, 8:32 PM
    • 2,571 Posts
    • 24,198 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Sorry you're still feeling ill . Is the medication on prescription or over the counter? It could be worth seeing your GP whichever it is . Meds can become less effective over time so worth a check up and possibly a better solution .

Wishing you sleep.
    pollyx
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 15th Jan 19, 8:16 AM
    • 10,261 Posts
    • 51,696 Thanks
    Mooloo
    It's a prescription medication. Yes I will try and see if I can get an appointment this week.
    I am struggling.
    Not sure if I could eat anything even if I wanted too. I feel like a barrel at the moment.
    On the financial side it's tight as I haven't been able to pay myself a wage for about 6 weeks now. I used all my savings to pay down the debts. So concentrating on cutting my spending everywhere. I am not buying lunches from the Baguette shop, which is saving me 2.80-3.50 a day depending on what I would have. I don't have much left in the house to take as I need to do another food shop. But today I don't think it will matter.
    I will do a Menu plan tonight and shop tomorrow when my tax credits come in.
    I have no idea when NCC will pay the Guardian allowance anymore. It is never there on time anymore. It's very hit and miss. Which is disruptive to me.
    I need to get the health issues sorted so I can proceed to do my makes and get spare cash selling bits and pieces on line if possible.
    With my friends help we are labelling and pricing remnants and getting them on my FB Page, so I also need to get some interest from other sewing forums, etc and try and make inroads into the stock as there is no way of storing it all at home when I close. Even if it was something that I could make use of later.

Today I decided to make the final payment on the Halifax card for the toll roads while we were away. So no interest added.
    Two credit cards now completely paid off.
    Feeling better about that.

Time for work and I am not dressed yet!!
    Eek
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 15th Jan 19, 9:09 AM
    • 2,571 Posts
    • 24,198 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Mooloo I hope you do manage to get an appt with the Dr soon . You've had a lot of stress and worry and the pain from the arm and shoulder to work through so it sounds as though you need to get both the stomach and pain issues sorted .

I wonder if you ever take Ibuprofen based painkillers . Back when I was battling with toxic ex husband , trying to look after the children and get to work each day painkillers were the thing that kept me going through the arthritis and fibro . I ended up with stomach pain and discomfort . Never been prone to stomach problems I saw my Dr . I had developed a stomach ulcer because of the Ibuprofen and was told never to take them again .

I hope you manage ok today . Keep looking at the positives . You've paid off those two cards and have avoided the interest ,

The guardianship payment sounds a nightmare . How do they think you can budget with random payment times ,

It's good your friend is helping sort out the surplus stock for sale .A helping hand makes such a difference . When you sort the meal plan it might be worth making some home made soup to take to work , It's handy too when your not feeling up to a full meal.

Hope the day goes well . I'm on my way out so will check in later .
    pollyx
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 15th Jan 19, 10:32 AM
    • 5,974 Posts
    • 64,916 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Mooloo Could you ask them why the Guardianship Allowance isn't being paid regularly? Surely they should be able to do a simple bank transfer, set up to be paid every month or every four weeks or whichever it is.

Please do go to the GP if the bloating doesn't ease. I get it sometimes because gas gets trapped in a loop of bowel (sorry if TMI) but it can sometimes be an early symptom of something more serious x
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 16th Jan 19, 7:49 AM
    • 10,261 Posts
    • 51,696 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Tummy problem are a family trait! Elongated bowel or something like that. But I have managed better yesterday and starting to feel a lot better.

Robin I cannot reply to your pm as your box is full.
    I had stopped using the goldenpaste, just because it was in my freezer so didn't take it away and got out of the habit. But it is a reminder that I should be updating to the capsules and reintroduce it into my routine.

I bought a soup at the shop next door yesterday. 1 for my lunch. So I will try to make soup at home before I go to work tomorrow.
    I need to do a Aldi shop today. Hopefully I will see DS this morning, my Mum this afternoon and babysitting over tea time. Home by 8pm at the latest.
    At work we are fairly on top of things, off the top of my head I think I have 6 jobs in. Well 6 customers.
    1 coat to take in, 1 zip in a coat, 1 zip in trousers, 4 trousers to shorten for one man, 2 jeans to shorten for a lady, oh 7 jobs a pair of pyjamas for shortening.
    Still only a day and 1/2 work, which is good for me, but not financially. I doubt that I will be able to take any wages this week either.
    But I am going to be meeting with the artist who designs are being transformed into fabrics. He is a bit of a pain wanting clothes made for next to nothing, but if I am going to be working from home it could become something that helps pay me regularly. I am going to see his set up tomorrow afternoon before I babysit for Biggest.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 16th Jan 19, 7:16 PM
    • 10,261 Posts
    • 51,696 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Knocked DS up! But he was happy to come with me. I treated him to some shoes from shoe zone, and some jeans and a shirt from a few other shops. We had a cuppa and a slice of pizza in Greggs. We talked a bit but I didn't want to go on and ruin the time. I offered to buy a few groceries when I was in Aldi, and he said they always need food but what would help is some nappies and baby wipes. So I was happy to do that within my food budget anyway. I then went to my Mums and had a cuppa with her before going to Biggest to look after the two little ones. I stopped off at McD for dgd on the way home so she didn't have to wait long for the meal. I had left Over Chinese from the fridge.
    Not my cheapest day. But that is ok once in a blue moon.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th Jan 19, 7:50 PM
    • 60,032 Posts
    • 251,866 Thanks
    beanielou
    As we know son time is precious

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 16th Jan 19, 9:02 PM
    • 10,261 Posts
    • 51,696 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Bank card has been compromised!
    Used it Sunday to draw cash in Oxford. Tonight bank has called me, and I have been frauded. So not good, but great they have noticed. Card now useless. No access to cash for a few days with that account. Thankfully I share my money between two different banks.!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th Jan 19, 9:14 PM
    • 60,032 Posts
    • 251,866 Thanks
    beanielou
    What an inconvience.

***Keep plodding***
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 16th Jan 19, 9:33 PM
    • 10,261 Posts
    • 51,696 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Could have been so much worse!
    I am so lucky ��
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 17th Jan 19, 7:09 AM
    • 10,261 Posts
    • 51,696 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Wonder what today will bring?
    • hb2
    • By hb2 17th Jan 19, 8:48 AM
    • 149 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    hb2
    Morning Mooloo,

What an absolute PITA about your bank card! Thank goodness the bank noticed quickly.

I'm glad you had a good time with your son, it is sometimes hard to spend quality time with our offspring once they grow up and leave home. We were delighted to get some time with our (only) son over Christmas - he took Dad to a footy match and we did a gin tasting together

I hope your tum is better today. Like many people, I suffer from IBS so I understand how low it can make you feel (((hugs))).

What is goldenpaste please?
    • Pondskater
    • By Pondskater 17th Jan 19, 8:51 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Pondskater
    Have you got snow there Mooloo? My sister and nieces live in Dunstable and have had snow. I live on a hill in South Lanarkshire and no snow here yet thank goodness. I am so glad you had a good day with your son.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 17th Jan 19, 9:21 AM
    • 10,261 Posts
    • 51,696 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Have you got snow there Mooloo? My sister and nieces live in Dunstable and have had snow. I live on a hill in South Lanarkshire and no snow here yet thank goodness. I am so glad you had a good day with your son.
    Originally posted by Pondskater
    Yes we woke to a spattering of snow but it's melting as the sun rises, it's black ice on the pavement and even though I put on my snow boots I slipped several times enroute to work.
    Just checked in on Mum she has snow there too. Good job I did the shopping for her yesterday when I did mine.

Zip for the coat has arrived, so that's probably the first job of the day to get it over and done with.
    I will not miss replacement zips when I finish here!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,230Posts Today

9,057Users online

Martin's Twitter