Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • catslovelycats
    • By catslovelycats 1st Jan 19, 1:43 PM
    • 1,684Posts
    • 11,207Thanks
    catslovelycats
    from Extra Energy to Scottish Power
    • 1st Jan 19, 1:43 PM
    from Extra Energy to Scottish Power 1st Jan 19 at 1:43 PM
    Have an ex-Extra Energy customers heard anything from Scottish Power since sending meter readings?

On 25th Nov SP emailed me to say they'd be in touch in 3-4 weeks about my new account.

I've heard nothing since and am tentatively putting it down to the holiday period.

Just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has their account up and running yet.

TIA
Page 3
    • Mark F
    • By Mark F 13th Feb 19, 9:20 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Mark F
    Update on my situation and possible solution for others.

1.Although I have had no word from SP (apart from setting up a DD £15 a month more than I was paying), I rang them and managed to get my account number- it would seem that these have all been allocated but not yet communicated to ex EE customers.
    2.I have created an online account on the SP website so I can view my account - don't use the app because it appears not to work.
    3.I have provided an up to date meter reading on the website which will generate an invoice and show my indebtedness to SP.
    4.I believe I owe about £60 to Extra Energy (ie the administrator) so they can chase me for this.
    5.I have started the switch process to EDF - fixed to June 2020 which will save £125pa and give £25 cash back

The only people that this might not work for is people that EE owe money to which SP have to honour- this could be at risk.

Overall, I have been disgusted with how SP have dealt with this 'switch' - from saying it would take 3-5 weeks, it has now taken nearly 3 months and counting which they seem to be blaming on 'the poor quality of records' from EE. There has been no communication from SP and the promised welcome pack never arrived.What is OFGEM doing about this???

SP has no incentive to act quickly as they are charging a much higher tariff than EE (i.e default rates) so I would recommend people try this approach, especially as energy prices are likely to hike soon and tariffs will be pulled for more expensive one/s.
    Last edited by Mark F; 13-02-2019 at 9:23 AM. Reason: error
    • deanparkr
    • By deanparkr 13th Feb 19, 4:51 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    deanparkr
    Its very poor. Three months in and even after sending meter readings a few times they are unable to produce a bill and have no idea what the Extra Energy credit is.

DD always calculates at £0 per month.

When you phone up they have no idea when there will be a bill or when anything is going to be resolved. Just a "a few weeks" (Since December!)
    • Anon2213123
    • By Anon2213123 14th Feb 19, 9:36 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Anon2213123
    Absolutely disgusted by this.

I made a formal complaint weeks ago because of lack of contact and incompetent email support staff.

They compensated me with a goodwill gesture and put me on their lower tariff (backdated from when I was moved to them). Yet not heard a thing since (so much for taking my complaint about the lack of contact seriously).

Still waiting for over £100. The second I get the money credited I am off and will never be a customer of this horrendous company.
    • Mark F
    • By Mark F 19th Feb 19, 11:26 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Mark F
    I am in the same position as other correspondents and am concerned that there is no incentive for SP to contact us promptly- I have gone on the temporary tariff with the intention of moving to a cheaper supplier ASAP because SP will cost me £350 pa more than I was paying and £200 more than I could get elsewhere.Therefore, the longer SP can keep me waiting, the better for them- I am going to do something about this on Monday if I have still not heard from them but in the meantime, I have stopped my DD so at least they can't get any money from me (yet).
    Re the information on EE accounts, I don't understand why SP can't leave this available for customers.
    I have calculated my indebtedness to EE presumably administrators?) based on the last bill I have- this can be done based on the usage since less payments made.
    Originally posted by Mark F

Update- I have moved to EDF saving £300 pa against the SP price and fixed to June 2020 although still more than EE.

With other increases pending (e.g British Gas) I would suggest that everyone in my position switches ASAP.
    • les-patots
    • By les-patots 19th Feb 19, 8:49 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    les-patots
    I spoke to SP today as the online account I set up cant be accessed. According to customer services this is because the account hasn't been set up fully. They also said that everyone should have their welcome letter by Friday week giving full details of EE credits etc. I continue to hold my breath....not.
    • s1ipmatt
    • By s1ipmatt 20th Feb 19, 10:18 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    s1ipmatt
    What a shambles this really is.

I received a "Sorry your leaving" letter from SP yesterday.

• Mark F
    • By Mark F 22nd Feb 19, 8:27 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Mark F
    I have now moved both myself and an elderly neighbour from SP to EDF (we were both EE customers) saving £250 and £400 pa respectively.
    I have also moved my mother (also a former EE customer) from the default SP rate to an SP tariff which is fixed to June 2020, will save £200 pa and, if you go via the Cheap Money Club will pay £25 cash back!!!- so if you are staying with SP I would recommend that you at least do this.
    • s1ipmatt
    • By s1ipmatt 5th Mar 19, 11:02 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    s1ipmatt
    Great news! i'm no longer with SP. Switched to The Green Network saved a few quid too.

I'm assuming SP will send me a bill at some point or will that be like the Welcome letter? Good thing i know my start and end meter readings.
    • rob_1973
    • By rob_1973 8th Mar 19, 9:04 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    rob_1973
    Morning all. I've been on the phone this morning and this is the update.

1.SP. Account near completion of setting up. Payments for direct debit amount will start in April. The amount in which I owe SP from usage from November till present day is slightly higher than I calculated the direct debit to be but only by £7. I will have the option to pay in full or amend direct debit for back pay. As I've saved this every month I'll be paying off the lump sum to keep my debit at the agreed amount.

2. Contacted Price water house coopers about my amount owed to me from EE. They gave me the following phone number. 0800 9534774.
    This takes you through to EE staff who are finalizing the account migration and owing payments. Listen to a recorded message then stay on the line and a member of staff will speak to you.
    They took my EE details and then advised me that accounts and money owed will be sorted in the next 1-2 weeks. The money will be passed to SP and they will either send a cheque or take money off your bill, but I believe it will be the customers choice.

That's all I have for now.
    • ElaimeM
    • By ElaimeM 16th Mar 19, 12:54 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ElaimeM
    I had to supply 3 meter reads over 3 weeks. Still no news on my £200 credit. They left me holding for 1 and a half hours. Need to change asap but need my money back first.
    • deanparkr
    • By deanparkr 17th Mar 19, 11:26 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    deanparkr
    I had to supply 3 meter reads over 3 weeks. Still no news on my £200 credit. They left me holding for 1 and a half hours. Need to change asap but need my money back first.
    Originally posted by ElaimeM
    Considering they had an opportunity to demonstrate good capability and CS with all these EE customers joining, all they seemed to have demonstrated is considerable ineptitude, especially from a "Big Six"!

Thanks for the heads up about the number to reach EE via PricewaterhouseCoopers. That sounds like the best approach to take.
    • hoof
    • By hoof 19th Mar 19, 4:08 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    hoof
    Phoned 0800 9534774 (per Rob_1973 above) this morning and EE still not in a position to advise when I will be receiving refund of the credit balance on my ExtraEnergy account. Basically it was "your credit due is safe; you will get it eventually via Scottish Power...but cannot say when...wait and see...."
    Hopefully we are talking weeks not months.....It's nearly 4 months since ExtraEnergy went out of business already.

I had a switch arranged before ExtraEnergy went bust that was completed in early December. I have contacted Scottish Power several times and they do have my basic details associated with Account Number...
    My parents were also with ExtraEnergy and moved across to Scottish Power but have switch in progress to get better value tariff.
    Fingers crossed that refunds to customers for credit balances are sorted soon.......
    • nkb21
    • By nkb21 1st Apr 19, 8:50 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    nkb21
    Still waiting for any news on EE refunds. Have run up a debt on SP's default tariff (which will likely use up EE credit) and now moved to EDF. Just want to get all these loose ends tied up, paid off and put to bed now - it's so tedious.
    • rob_1973
    • By rob_1973 6th Apr 19, 7:31 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    rob_1973
    Todays update:
    Online account showing it's still being set up.
    5/4/19, £52.09 taken from account as first payment, should have been £103.18. These people are useless. I've escalated things to the complaints department now as I've had enough.
    So, this is how it went:
    £2 taken from account on 5/2/2019
    £2 taken from account on 5/3/2019
    Was told these were tester payments and the money will have gone back in. Lies! These payments have not been refunded.
    Agreed monthly payment was £103.18 per month so when I asked how much I owed they said £417. (4 x £103.18 = £412.72 so not sure where the rest has come from as I'm on a fixed tariff).
    £52.09 taken from account on £5/4/2019, should have been £103.18.
    Today I've cancelled my direct debit with them and initiated a switch via u switch to Eon. I simply could not take anymore. I've contacted SP numerous times and got nowhere. I still don't know if I'll ever get my credit from EE but enough is enough. SP are useless and untrustworthy. Nearly 5 months and accounts are still up in the air.
    My advice is get out now. I'm sure when they send my final bill through they wont want to wait 5 months for me to pay it.
    • Mark F
    • By Mark F 16th Apr 19, 10:20 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Mark F
    I spoke to the administrators of Extra Energy today andthey tell me that some final bills have been sent out and that the balance will be sent out this week.
    They say that the credits due will be handed to Scottish Power this week and either credited to SP accounts or else a cheque will be raised if the customer has left SP.

Sorry to be cynical but Iím not hopeful.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,405Posts Today

4,307Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin