Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 31st Dec 18, 8:18 AM
    • 4,601Posts
    • 79,513Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming through the Winter - Slimming World support thread 2019
    • 31st Dec 18, 8:18 AM
    Slimming through the Winter - Slimming World support thread 2019 31st Dec 18 at 8:18 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you, go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list; so that's pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra choice and one Healthy Extra choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 27
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jan 19, 11:53 AM
    • 54,623 Posts
    • 638,862 Thanks
    bubbs
    What's the procedure tweets?
    I've got my Mag, do I phone to book in ?
    If I register with my real details will I get chased for payment for not attending further meetings if I decide it's not for me?
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Sary, that's my worst nightmare!

Do you get weighed in front of everyone?
    Do I have to do an introductory speech?
    I'm putting myself off before I go.
    What happens is find your nearest group, go along with voucher and say you would like to join, you fill a form and listen with the consultant and anyone else thats joining while she explains the plan to you, will ask you have much you would like to lose, so either say what you want to lose or you are taking it one week at a time

No everyone ques to get weighed but no one else apart from the person that weighs you will see, so don't worry there.

Just go, jin, listen and get your books, never step through thedoor again, it will be fine 99% of people are friendly and that end of the day we all go for the same reason.
    You will be fine, promise x
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 3lb
    • TheTalkingDead
    • By TheTalkingDead 13th Jan 19, 12:50 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 394 Thanks
    TheTalkingDead
    I didnt have too,but then i was pay

Happy Birthday
    Well done on your loss

Hello and welcome
    Why was your stomach gurgling ? wind or hunger as you should never be hungry
    I am not keen on SW stuff from Iceland but do like the curry sauce but others say its horrible, but i make a syn fry curry out of it, add garlic, onions, chicken and mushrooms, i usually put my pictures on here
    Does you wife WANT to lose weight though? because if her mind is not set correct she wont do it as will eat other things behind your back in secret.
    Good luck on your journey as it is a lifestyle change and i for one didn't think i would do it but i did and my dh embraced it after he couldnt get in his trousers i have maintained now since last March
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Congrats on your efforts, and maintenance of your weight.

My wife is committed and wants this, she knows nothing will get better without effort and dedication, I know I wont get to where I want to be without the effort.

I don't know why I was cramping and feeling so hungry to be honest, same happened last time I started, cramping, constantly feeling hungry, muscle cramps, then after 4 weeks bloat and wind, then over time it went away.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jan 19, 1:02 PM
    • 54,623 Posts
    • 638,862 Thanks
    bubbs
    Congrats on your efforts, and maintenance of your weight.

My wife is committed and wants this, she knows nothing will get better without effort and dedication, I know I wont get to where I want to be without the effort.

I don't know why I was cramping and feeling so hungry to be honest, same happened last time I started, cramping, constantly feeling hungry, muscle cramps, then after 4 weeks bloat and wind, then over time it went away.
    Originally posted by TheTalkingDead
    Thanks,
    That's good she wants it that's half the battle, but remember it didnt go on over night so won't go away over night.
    Wind is always there unfortunately
    I have been prepping this morning for the coming week, i have made a massive 6ltr pot of beef stew for lunches for work for dh and I, we take food flasks, i have boiled eggs for snacking, made a crustless quiche and done the veg for dinner later and potatoes for chips tomorrow. Pictures will be later
    I know tomorrow we are having home made burgers, Tues cottage pie, weds not sure, Thurs Curry, Friday we have fakeKFC, Sat we have "picky" tea, this is where we have our syns for the week, its a standing joke on here , but i have done it from day one
    If we can help in any way just ask, usually someone knows the answer
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jan 19, 3:42 PM
    • 31,961 Posts
    • 441,461 Thanks
    tweets
    What's the procedure tweets?
    I've got my Mag, do I phone to book in ?
    If I register with my real details will I get chased for payment for not attending further meetings if I decide it's not for me?

No just go to class with your coupon filled in.

Then sit with newcomers and listen to talk then fill in form they gave you.

Don't get books though you have to sit and listen to class that starts when all regulars have signed in ,

I got bottie ache sitting so long on hard plastic chair

When class finished newcomers go pay weigh in and tell consultant what you want goal to be .

I not going again

Don't think you will get chased for payment. I didn't last time I went years ago just went once and never again til yesterday
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jan 19, 3:45 PM
    • 31,961 Posts
    • 441,461 Thanks
    tweets
    Lost .5

3 cheers hurray hurray hurray clap clap clap

Poppy dog went woof woof woof
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jan 19, 3:53 PM
    • 54,623 Posts
    • 638,862 Thanks
    bubbs
    Lost .5

3 cheers hurray hurray hurray clap clap clap

Poppy dog went woof woof woof
    Originally posted by tweets
    Well done
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 13th Jan 19, 3:57 PM
    • 4,486 Posts
    • 11,504 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Afternoon everyone.

I know I sound like a moany get, especially as I was once a newbie
    , but I'll be glad when February comes and the crowds die down - was worse than a cattle market yesterday ....& I know of one person who decided not to go at all because of it.

However pleased to say that WI saw -3.5lbs which was surprising as i hadn't done any exercise.

I did go running this morning & was surprised at how easy it was to get back into it - even though I'd been doing some exercise whilst I was away.

Not sure what's on the menu tonight - might even be something simple like an omelette.

Have a good evening everyone
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jan 19, 4:07 PM
    • 54,623 Posts
    • 638,862 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon everyone.

, but I'll be glad when February comes and the crowds die down - was worse than a cattle market yesterday ....& I know of one person who decided not to go at all because of it.

However pleased to say that WI saw -3.5lbs which was surprising as i hadn't done any exercise.

I did go running this morning & was surprised at how easy it was to get back into it - even though I'd been doing some exercise whilst I was away.

Not sure what's on the menu tonight - might even be something simple like an omelette.

Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    Well done
    My consultant said she had 117 new members last week, she does about 8/9 groups, times like this glad im not social team taking money any more
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • TheTalkingDead
    • By TheTalkingDead 13th Jan 19, 4:09 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 394 Thanks
    TheTalkingDead
    Afternoon everyone.

Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    When i re-enlisted (god that sounds like i'm doing a stint for the armed forces), There was very big cues of people, and the hall was ram packed even with people standing, and it could seat 30-60 comfortably, we saw this last time we enroled over a year ago and by march that 30-60 ended up being just 7 of us regulars.
    • esmy
    • By esmy 13th Jan 19, 4:29 PM
    • 1,164 Posts
    • 4,823 Thanks
    esmy
    Happy Birthday Haylaluru and well done on your loss. You're quite right, nothing counts on your birthday! Well done too Tweets and GTS

Welcome TheTalkingDead. Don't go hungry - I find that's when I overeat to compensate. Bubbs has good ideas about preparing foods to 'fill the hole'. I find eggs brilliant for keeping that full feeling.

Today's menu (an SP day?? I've never properly got my head around it)
    B Porridge made with half and half milk and water, 1/2 tsp sugar, large orange
    L Omelette with lots of mushrooms and tomatoes, apple
    D steak with lots of veg (no potatoes) - plannng onions, grilled tomatoes, carrots, green beans, cauli and broccoli
    snack - fibre one bar, maybe a yoghurt later

Happy Sunday!
    • got2dothisnow
    • By got2dothisnow 13th Jan 19, 5:04 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    got2dothisnow
    Another good week - lost another 2lbs

Just about to do my menu plan for the week - have left it a bit later than usual and already had the shopping delivered so will be working in reverse this week but I've got plenty in so it should be fine.

Keep up the good work everyone.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Jan 19, 5:27 PM
    • 61,877 Posts
    • 265,205 Thanks
    beanielou
    Sary, that's my worst nightmare!

Do you get weighed in front of everyone?
    Do I have to do an introductory speech?
    I'm putting myself off before I go.
    YOu dont get weighed in front of everyone.
    No to an introductory speech.
    Don't put yourself off
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Jan 19, 5:37 PM
    • 61,877 Posts
    • 265,205 Thanks
    beanielou
    Great losses everyone

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 13th Jan 19, 6:10 PM
    • 798 Posts
    • 4,539 Thanks
    SIRENS
    Evening All

Happy Birthday Haylaluru

Another not brilliant day, I find it harder when I don't have the structure of being at work (even though I don't like my work!)

B toast (hexb) marmite, olive spread
    D roast chicken dinner. Not sure on syns I'm afraid but probably a few, Sunday is the only day I don't really track my syns

Will probably have a small piece of pumpkin pie later, no cream though as I don't like cream.

Well done on all the loses, I'm weighing in tomorrow so hopefully for anything in the right direction
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jan 19, 6:19 PM
    • 54,623 Posts
    • 638,862 Thanks
    bubbs

Brunch

Crustless quiche

beef stew for food flasks for lunches for the week

Roast pork dinner :P
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Jan 19, 6:20 PM
    • 61,877 Posts
    • 265,205 Thanks
    beanielou
    Oh I do like a bit of pork Bubbs

How is your knee these days?

***Keep plodding***
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jan 19, 6:27 PM
    • 54,623 Posts
    • 638,862 Thanks
    bubbs
    Oh I do like a bit of pork Bubbs

How is your knee these days?
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Hubby said corrr that meat was the best in ages
    The knee is sore but i also have a problem with my foot i have had xray , i see doc on Friday, but suppose they will say nothing wrong with it but funny its the right side, same as my knee
    Sometimes when driving the pain is then when i stop and goto get out the car can't put my foot on the floor
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Jan 19, 7:02 PM
    • 61,877 Posts
    • 265,205 Thanks
    beanielou
    Blimey bubbs that does not sound good at all

***Keep plodding***
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jan 19, 7:55 PM
    • 54,623 Posts
    • 638,862 Thanks
    bubbs
    Blimey bubbs that does not sound good at all
    Originally posted by beanielou
    I know but like my knee suppose they will say nothing wrong with it
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • maman
    • By maman 13th Jan 19, 8:48 PM
    • 19,349 Posts
    • 115,889 Thanks
    maman
    Well done to losers. It's great that we're getting back on plan post Christmas.

Happy Birthday Haylaluru and well done on your loss. You're quite right, nothing counts on your birthday!
    Originally posted by esmy
    And so say all of us! I don't blame you having a syns don't count day on your birthday as that's once a year. However a syns don't count day every week on WI day.

Welcome TheTalkingDead. Don't go hungry - I find that's when I overeat to compensate. Bubbs has good ideas about preparing foods to 'fill the hole'. I find eggs brilliant for keeping that full feeling.

I think you can get strange feelings from just changing the way you eat from cr*p to healthy but do make sure you're not hungry. There's no need to deprive yourself on SW,. It's not a diet, it's a healthy way of eating. You can eat loads provided you eat the right things.

Today's menu (an SP day?? I've never properly got my head around it)
    B Porridge made with half and half milk and water, 1/2 tsp sugar, large orange
    L Omelette with lots of mushrooms and tomatoes, apple
    D steak with lots of veg (no potatoes) - plannng onions, grilled tomatoes, carrots, green beans, cauli and broccoli
    snack - fibre one bar, maybe a yoghurt later

Happy Sunday!

I'm like you and only seem to have SP days accidentally. Mostly I have SP meals occasionally like omelettes or soup for lunch. I'd say that your menu is SP except possibly for if you have yoghurt. I've never really understood that as if it's a synned yoghurt then does it count as syns or just a yoghurt not allowed on SP days. What I tend to do is just think that anything approaching SP whether it's almost a full day or just a meal is lower carb than usual and therefore likely to boost weightloss.

Thanks so much for posting your pic of picky tea bubbs. I'll think of your super spread when I'm downing my wine syns on a Saturday.

Although I'm really into my planning I've had to make changes today. Thank goodness my plan is flexible. DH told me after I'd done the plan and shop that he wanted us to drive halfway across the country (seriously 300+ miles round trip) to collect a fragile item he'd bought on Ebay.

It worked out fine. We combined it with a visit to a National Trust place for lunch in a decent caf! and I swapped Monday's dinner for today. I know my mother would be turning in her grave if she knew what we had for Sunday dinner but needs must.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, scrambled eggs, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with tuna mayo and salad garnish
    D: BGTY burger, SW chips, asparagus, runner beans, tomato, mushrooms, onions
    Syns: HP sauce 1, burger 1, mayo 2? Weekend wine! Much needed.

Last night's supper was very SW friendly too. I reckon the only syns were in whatever dressing was on the pasta salad so I'm calling that 2 as well.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,761Posts Today

6,849Users online

Martin's Twitter