Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 28th Dec 18, 3:37 PM
    • 2,288Posts
    • 27,277Thanks
    Coxy11
    Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2019
    • 28th Dec 18, 3:37 PM
    Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2019 28th Dec 18 at 3:37 PM
    Hello all,
    Welcome to the opening of the 2019 Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe. I've renamed the cafe to include 'craft' as lots of us do other crafts as well as cross stitch.
    We love to see your makes, so please do post photos so we can see your lovely work.
    The 2018 cafe thread is here
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5766731
    Here's to a productive year!
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP #1: Collecting Shells by Nancy Cole
    Cross-stitch WIP #2: Pretty Little London by Satsuma Street
Page 5
    • nmm
    • By nmm 31st Mar 19, 10:50 AM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 8,282 Thanks
    nmm
    Coxy, Collecting shells is looking great you can see where the BABS will make it pop, I think we'll both make our June targets. I've completed over half of Wild Wolf now the smaller face and ears section, shouldn't take long I hope. Our K&N group is still going well no new members yet but its early days, i'll take a photo of the shawl next week. Here's the update on WW and the Mothers Day Card I sent, going to do a crochet flower card for my mums birthday.

Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1 / WIP: Elvis & Wild Wolf
    Current Challenges - Monthly Card
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 8th Apr 19, 6:29 AM
    • 2,288 Posts
    • 27,277 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Morning everyone,
    Hope you all had a good week/weekend. It's the first day of the school holidays today and I have a much needed day off. Not that I'm doing anything relaxing mind - DD has her theory driving test this morning and we have a smart meter being fitted this afternoon. You could say I'm living the dream......
    Managed an hour or so on my cross stitch yesterday after blitzing the house. I did some 'life admin' on Friday night accompanied by some good red wine. I have been volunteering for around 10 years with a particular organisation and due to a couple of annoying incidents in the last few weeks, I've decided that I'm better off stopping. A shame, but my time is very precious and when you feel undermined and unappreciated it's time to go. On the plus side, I will have more time to stitch, so bonus!
    As part of that, I have cancelled craft group going forward and had some chocolate (stuff Lent).
    Hope you all have a good day.
    Coxy xx
    • nmm
    • By nmm 8th Apr 19, 9:56 AM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 8,282 Thanks
    nmm
    Oh coxy, i'm sorry you have stopped volunteering and your craft group but you must do what's best for you, at least more stitching time is a bouns. I hope you can make or join a new group.
    • nmm
    • By nmm 9th Apr 19, 10:49 AM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 8,282 Thanks
    nmm
    Latest Wild Wolf update, not done much as my dog has been poorly since Friday. Knit & Natter today, i'm exhausted but I really need to get out for a couple of hours, i'll remember to take a photo this time.

• Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 14th Apr 19, 7:43 AM
    • 2,288 Posts
    • 27,277 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Morning all, happy Sunday,
    Glorious sunny day here, but a bit of a frost. DD has a job at a local garden centre for the Summer, so I'll take her around 930am.
    Busy week, but I did manage some stitching - all the sand/Shells below the little girl are now done. I'm now working my way up the right hand side to finish that section off. After that it will be blues and greens for the sea at the top of the design. I can definitely see the end in sight now. I've taken a pic on my phone but Flickr playing silly beggars so will hopefully upload later.
    Hope poorly pooch is on the mend nmm and that you managed to get to knitting group this week.
    I'm hoping to spend a little time in the garden today, then do the ironing for the week. Hope to stitch tonight all being well.
    Have a good day all,
    Coxy x
    • nmm
    • By nmm 14th Apr 19, 10:18 AM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 8,282 Thanks
    nmm
    Sunshine here too, had it all week which is unheard of in the Lake district, haha. I did go to my K&N group but I was the only who turned up this week so I came home early. Dog is on the mend she has Epilepsy and its been a tough week finally caught up on some sleep and did a bit of stitching yesterday.
    • nmm
    • By nmm 16th Apr 19, 11:05 AM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 8,282 Thanks
    nmm
    Latest updates on Wild Wolf and the Crochet Shawl, off to my knitting group later, I hope they turn up this week

• Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 16th Apr 19, 5:31 PM
    • 2,288 Posts
    • 27,277 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Loving the updates nmm - shawl colours are great I am a bit annoyed as when I picked up my stitching on Sunday evening I quickly realised I'd gone wrong somewhere. It's only the sand colour so in the grand scheme of things, not too bad, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and now want to find where I've gone wrong!! It's from the section I did previously that I'm now stitching up to. Maybe I should think of this piece like a Persian rug as apparently every one of those has a slight fault.....
    Sorry to hear about pooch's epilepsy. Our dog had it too. We adopted him at 2.5 years old and six months later he had his first (to us) fit, which was very distressing. Vet gave us tablets for him, which he wouldn't swallow, kept spitting them out - even in smelly cheese chunks. In the end we resorted to grinding them and sprinkling them on his food, but he would realise and only pick. Gave up in the end. We just made sure he was hydrated and didn't over heat. The fits continued - 2 a year maybe - but he was 14.5 when we had him pts last September, so not bad all things considered.
    Sorry, that turned into a bit of a ramble....!
    Fat club tonight as I can't go on Thursday (out for dinner). Hoping to pick up my stitching tomorrow again and find the fault!!
    Coxy
    • nmm
    • By nmm 16th Apr 19, 8:19 PM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 8,282 Thanks
    nmm
    I hate when you realise you've gone wrong I have to find the error as well, I couldn't just leave it The ladies turned up today so I got a good couple of hours to crochet

I wish my dog only had 2 seizures a year, she's had them since birth, she's 7 now, she had 6 on the Saturday then none on Sunday so thought they finished but had another 7 on the Monday, it takes her a couple of days to recover fully. Thankfully we have no problems giving her tablets she just scoffs them down, same when I tried cbd oil, golden paste and all manner of herbal remedies.
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 20th Apr 19, 7:01 AM
    • 15,514 Posts
    • 198,145 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Have thrown myself into crafting so finished Granddaughters stocking, well the crossstitch part anyway, I need to sort fabric out to back and line it

Loving looking at everyone's work and thank you for the kind words. Xx
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
    • nmm
    • By nmm 20th Apr 19, 11:19 AM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 8,282 Thanks
    nmm
    That's lovely Mrs MP, I'm sure it will be cherished
    • JCS1
    • By JCS1 20th Apr 19, 6:10 PM
    • 3,860 Posts
    • 7,843 Thanks
    JCS1
    Evening, apologies I've been quiet, work has been very busy...

But I have a finish

Caught up with a stitch along:

Completed the outlines on this, now to fill in with blackwork

• nmm
    • By nmm 20th Apr 19, 7:29 PM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 8,282 Thanks
    nmm
    The cat is gorgeous, the feathers are coming along great and I can't wait for the blackwork on the fishes

Its been very warm here and I've done hardly any stitching, I keep browsing for some summer shoes by the time I decide on a pair I like winter will have arrived
    • Elise1912
    • By Elise1912 22nd Apr 19, 8:01 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    Elise1912
    I've got 6 WIPs on the go at the moment. A small ish wedding piece, a birth sampler for a friends baby, some cards and a world map cross stitch piece I found from Caterpillar cross stitch I hadn't seen before : )
    • nmm
    • By nmm 22nd Apr 19, 8:34 PM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 8,282 Thanks
    nmm
    That will keep you busy Elise got any photos? the world map is cute I hadn't heard of Caterpillar Cross stitch before, some cute stuff on there.
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 23rd Apr 19, 5:46 PM
    • 2,288 Posts
    • 27,277 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Hi everyone,
    I hope that you had a good Easter. The weather was so good I spent most of the weekend tidying up the garden so no stitching done here at all
    MrsM-P - the stocking is gorgeous - a lovely heirloom for your GD.
    JCS1 - love the cat design - so good. The feathers are looking fab too and I'm loving the new fish design.
    Elise - only 6 WIPs The world map is fab - I think I've heard of that store before because I was looking at needle keepers. Nothing beats the Poldark one that JCS has tho....!!
    DH and I are tidying up the garage this evening (living the dream) as we did a big tip run yesterday and need to sort out a few things. Won't take too long but doubt I'll have the energy to stitch. With any luck(!) he will meet the pub boys tomorrow so I'll be able to find the error and put it right or at least try.... The clock is ticking to get this piece finished by the end of June. We are away in Rome next week for three nights and I won't be able to take it with me!!
    Have a good evening all,
    Coxy xx
    • JCS1
    • By JCS1 23rd Apr 19, 6:47 PM
    • 3,860 Posts
    • 7,843 Thanks
    JCS1
    I'll have to switch from Poldark to the Colin Firth/Mr Darcy one......
    • Elise1912
    • By Elise1912 24th Apr 19, 5:48 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    Elise1912

Haha yeah ambitious! I can't add photos for some reasons but found these of adventure awaits from someone else. Its the same pattern. All these projects will probably take me to the end of the year!
    • Elise1912
    • By Elise1912 24th Apr 19, 5:55 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    Elise1912
    • JCS1
    • By JCS1 24th Apr 19, 7:42 PM
    • 3,860 Posts
    • 7,843 Thanks
    JCS1
    Fish finished

Just about to start the next one...... hope everyone is going ok?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,771Posts Today

7,266Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin