Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 28th Dec 18, 8:30 AM
    • 4,952Posts
    • 192,874Thanks
    Marg2k8
    Mag Daily and Clicks to wins FAQs
    • 28th Dec 18, 8:30 AM
    Mag Daily and Clicks to wins FAQs 28th Dec 18 at 8:30 AM
    Now that the advents are over, I've been toying with the idea of adding some answers to frequently asked questions to the threads on the regulars board for both the mag daily comps and the click to win comps.

For example 'Do I get more entries if I share?'

I could do with help on compiling a list of FAQs (and easily understandable answers).

If anyone can come up with some and add them here, that would be appreciated. Or even just a link to any threads on here where questions have been asked and answered.

Thank you.

Page 1
    • nelie
    • By nelie 28th Dec 18, 10:57 AM
    • 1,488 Posts
    • 15,773 Thanks
    nelie
    • 28th Dec 18, 10:57 AM
    • 28th Dec 18, 10:57 AM
    I don't know if this is helpful but I can think of some questions, I've thought of doing C2W and MD in the new year so this would be lovely!

C2W Qs
    How do I know if the prize is being offered by more than one page/site. How do I find the prizes that are only offered on one?

Do I need to check the site to see if I have won or will they email me?

How do i get the videos to play automatically, without having to be in that tab?
    JANUARY WINS
    Self-tan Bundle, Spice Hamper, Glitter Makeup, Love Heart Sweets, At Dusk (book), HelloFresh months delivery, Shampoo, Turtles all the way down (book), 40 baby food vouchers, Mug, Lipstick, Pair of Tickets to Chelsea Football , Set of slogan lunchboxes, Bubble bath set, Non-Alcoholic Gin, Tickets to Carabao Cup Semi-Final (Chelsea!),Stationery Set, Bookmark, Bundle of goods (75 wallpaper voucher, 20 site voucher, Wax Melt kit, 25 Next Voucher!), HTC Headset, Lucky Lucky Leaf (book)

Thanks to all posters - Have a lucky 2019
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 28th Dec 18, 11:16 AM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 328,257 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    • 28th Dec 18, 11:16 AM
    • 28th Dec 18, 11:16 AM
    In regards to C2W's, I emailed them last year about the nigh-on impossible odds of the same person winning 15 out of 25 competitions, might come in handy for some faqs...

"
    We have no manual input in the selection of winners. It is done by a computer system based in the US.

Many of our competitions are shared across multiple sites, and entrants can enter once per day on each site. If you click on a competition you would like to enter, scroll down to OFFICIAL RULES there is a full list as to which sites the competition is placed on.

The more entries that an entrant makes, the more likely those entrants are to win.

These entrants enter that many competitions that many times.

As per our terms and conditions a winner cannot win more than one prize that is worth more than 500 in six months, there is no cap on the amount of prizes that they can win other than this."
    *Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 29th Dec 18, 10:34 AM
    • 4,952 Posts
    • 192,874 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    • 29th Dec 18, 10:34 AM
    • 29th Dec 18, 10:34 AM
    Thanks Nelie, I will include these.

C2W Qs
    How do I know if the prize is being offered by more than one page/site.
    Originally posted by nelie
    If you see a prize you particularly like and want to enter on all the sites it is available on, click on 'official rules' and you can see direct links to all the entry routes.

How do I find the prizes that are only offered on one?
    I don't know of any easy way to do this, but Aspella has kindly created a post that lists comps she has found on 15 sites or less here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5697243&page=3#55
    Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Do I need to check the site to see if I have won or will they email me?
    They will email you. Even Simply Media, who suggest you log in and check your account will email you after a few days if you have not claimed the prize.

How do i get the videos to play automatically, without having to be in that tab?
    There was a thread about this recently. I will try and find it, unless people add suggestions here.

• Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 29th Dec 18, 10:36 AM
    • 4,952 Posts
    • 192,874 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    • 29th Dec 18, 10:36 AM
    • 29th Dec 18, 10:36 AM
    In regards to C2W's, I emailed them last year about the nigh-on impossible odds of the same person winning 15 out of 25 competitions, might come in handy for some faqs...

"
    We have no manual input in the selection of winners. It is done by a computer system based in the US.

Many of our competitions are shared across multiple sites, and entrants can enter once per day on each site. If you click on a competition you would like to enter, scroll down to OFFICIAL RULES there is a full list as to which sites the competition is placed on.

The more entries that an entrant makes, the more likely those entrants are to win.

These entrants enter that many competitions that many times.

As per our terms and conditions a winner cannot win more than one prize that is worth more than 500 in six months, there is no cap on the amount of prizes that they can win other than this."
    Originally posted by sleepyjones
    Thanks sleepyjones. I will make use of this.

• xoxlauraxox
    • By xoxlauraxox 29th Dec 18, 12:46 PM
    • 3,629 Posts
    • 29,675 Thanks
    xoxlauraxox
    • 29th Dec 18, 12:46 PM
    • 29th Dec 18, 12:46 PM
    I wondered about getting the videos to play too... I don't enter many but its annoying having to stay on the page while the video plays each time
    Thanks to everyone that posts
    • mclarkie
    • By mclarkie 29th Dec 18, 2:57 PM
    • 6,698 Posts
    • 1,070,457 Thanks
    mclarkie
    • 29th Dec 18, 2:57 PM
    • 29th Dec 18, 2:57 PM
    I wondered about getting the videos to play too... I don't enter many but its annoying having to stay on the page while the video plays each time
    Originally posted by xoxlauraxox

I don't have that problem, which browser are you using?
    • nelie
    • By nelie 29th Dec 18, 2:59 PM
    • 1,488 Posts
    • 15,773 Thanks
    nelie
    • 29th Dec 18, 2:59 PM
    • 29th Dec 18, 2:59 PM
    I use chrome, but it happens in Safari too.

I tend to pull it down so it makes it a new window and then it works, but it is annoying!
    JANUARY WINS
    Self-tan Bundle, Spice Hamper, Glitter Makeup, Love Heart Sweets, At Dusk (book), HelloFresh months delivery, Shampoo, Turtles all the way down (book), 40 baby food vouchers, Mug, Lipstick, Pair of Tickets to Chelsea Football , Set of slogan lunchboxes, Bubble bath set, Non-Alcoholic Gin, Tickets to Carabao Cup Semi-Final (Chelsea!),Stationery Set, Bookmark, Bundle of goods (75 wallpaper voucher, 20 site voucher, Wax Melt kit, 25 Next Voucher!), HTC Headset, Lucky Lucky Leaf (book)

Thanks to all posters - Have a lucky 2019
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 29th Dec 18, 3:27 PM
    • 4,952 Posts
    • 192,874 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    • 29th Dec 18, 3:27 PM
    • 29th Dec 18, 3:27 PM
    Here is the thread where it was discussed before.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5917222

• sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 29th Dec 18, 5:20 PM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 328,257 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    I use the Brave browser on mobile and it manages to skip the videos, I don't really do C2W's on a computer.
    *Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*
    • xoxlauraxox
    • By xoxlauraxox 29th Dec 18, 5:56 PM
    • 3,629 Posts
    • 29,675 Thanks
    xoxlauraxox
    I don't have that problem, which browser are you using?
    Originally posted by mclarkie

firefox... maybe I should try a different browser. I did the mag daily list for a while so had all sorted back then but I have a memory like a sieve so cannot remember my routine now lol
    Thanks to everyone that posts
    • mclarkie
    • By mclarkie 30th Dec 18, 8:16 AM
    • 6,698 Posts
    • 1,070,457 Thanks
    mclarkie
    firefox... maybe I should try a different browser. I did the mag daily list for a while so had all sorted back then but I have a memory like a sieve so cannot remember my routine now lol
    Originally posted by xoxlauraxox

In firefox you can stop the videos automatically starting, this causes the page to skip the video. in the link below there are instructions on how to do this.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=75022615&postcount=17
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 12th Jan 19, 1:01 PM
    • 4,952 Posts
    • 192,874 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I have made a start by doing some Simply Media FAQs here. If anyone has any other suggested questions /answers for Simply Media,please let me know and I will update.

• chloeadkins
    • By chloeadkins 12th Jan 19, 7:01 PM
    • 8,713 Posts
    • 639,940 Thanks
    chloeadkins
    Hi all -

I just wondered if sharing on facebook on a mag daily improves your chances of winning - do you share every mag daily comp you enter?
    Thanks (Sorry if this has been asked before!)
    Jan 2019 Wins
    5 packs of I Love Snacks, The Magdalene girls christmas book, Buyagift spa overnight stay with dinner, Royal Mail christmas stamps, chinless wonder party game, Lavera makeup worth 60, 100 of lashes glitter and make up brushes.
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 12th Jan 19, 7:25 PM
    • 4,952 Posts
    • 192,874 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    Hi all -

I just wondered if sharing on facebook on a mag daily improves your chances of winning - do you share every mag daily comp you enter?
    Originally posted by chloeadkins
    There has been a thread here around that subject. It is not really clear about how it works.

Hope this helps.

• coffeechoo
    • By coffeechoo 13th Jan 19, 8:28 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    coffeechoo
    Hi all -

Originally posted by chloeadkins
    I have won a few times on the mag dailies (2 this month) and I never share.
    Hope that helps.
    • coffeechoo
    • By coffeechoo 13th Jan 19, 8:37 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    coffeechoo
    Just to add to my above post .....although I have won a few times from the mag dailies I never seem to get one of the ''higher value'' wins.
    Maybe this is because I don't share, who knows, but I'm happy with my wins and to be honest I feel there are enough competitions out there on Social Media asking for shares and tags without the mag dailies wanting us to spam even more.
    Just my own opinions of course.
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 13th Jan 19, 8:57 AM
    • 4,952 Posts
    • 192,874 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    Just to add to my above post .....although I have won a few times from the mag dailies I never seem to get one of the ''higher value'' wins.
    Maybe this is because I don't share, who knows, but I'm happy with my wins and to be honest I feel there are enough competitions out there on Social Media asking for shares and tags without the mag dailies wanting us to spam even more.
    Just my own opinions of course.
    Originally posted by coffeechoo
    There could be two reasons why you have more luck with the lower value prizes. Firstly, some people don't bother entering for low value prizes. Secondly, there are often multiple prizes to give away, For example "15 lucky readers will receive..."

• coffeechoo
    • By coffeechoo 13th Jan 19, 9:52 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    coffeechoo
    There could be two reasons why you have more luck with the lower value prizes. Firstly, some people don't bother entering for low value prizes. Secondly, there are often multiple prizes to give away, For example "15 lucky readers will receive..."
    Originally posted by Marg2k8
    I agree with you.
    I don't enter every day and I only enter for the things I actually want.
    The mag dailies are so time consuming without adding sharing onto the time.
    • andy_hunk
    • By andy_hunk 16th Jan 19, 9:41 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    andy_hunk
    Thanks for the info all!

Last Win: Cocktails and Nibbles in Cambridge
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

896Posts Today

7,502Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @paullewismoney: People who were students 1990-97 are being offered the chance to pay off half their unpaid student loan and the other h?

• As normal I am signing off twitter for the weekend - to spend time with mini and Mrs MSE. Hope you have a wonderfu? https://t.co/FG3sRfkIgA

• RT @LauraFrancis9: Top crew! We may film in the freeeeeeeezing cold every week, but this bunch make it fun. (And huge thanks as always to @?

• Follow Martin