2019 Keep Moving Challenge

Comments

• Sleazy wrote: »
    Wizard / All, I should give it a go ... although the thought scares me a bit. :eek:

Target of between 1500 miles (2400 km) and 2019 miles (3250 km).
    Haven't set up my tracker yet and not sure whether it uses metric or imperial, that's why I've given both.

Will start from January 1st, but hope to try out the tracker tomorrow.

You mention that it scares you and on another thread that you find having a target daunting.

My best advice is to break it down even further by finding out how far it is round the block, to the shops and back, to the pub etc in fact if you can find a 1 mile walk close to home then you only have to do that 5 times a day and you have hit your target.

I have a 1.5 mile walk that I do with the dog where I take him round the football pitches and home again, if there is a game on, he gets to sit and watch, if not, I get my 1.5 miles anyway :)
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Starting the NY the right way tomorrow, doing 2 parkruns, one in Denmark, one in Sweden :)
  • Ahhhh.........found you all!!:D

I am in again. Will aim for the 2019 miles and I WILL do it this year!!

(She says as she is sat on the couch in dressing gown)

My Gym membership is going to get used more this year than it did in 2018.

Good luck to everyone and thank you to Wizard of Id for running the thread. Hope the operation doesnt hinder your plans too much.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Argh! I charged my Fitbit last night in readiness for today, and nothing. It is deader than a dead thing :eek:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Oh go on then.... aim of 1500 miles of walking and 2st of weight (currently just a shy over 15st)
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Off to a flyer on day one with 13.76 miles :T

I hope everyone has managed to make a start today, I mean there was nothing else to do anyway :D
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Off to a flyer on day one with 13.76 miles :T

I hope everyone has managed to make a start today, I mean there was nothing else to do anyway :D

Bit of a false start, managed 1 mile today before I decided that the foot was too painful. So did 50 miles on the bike instead.
    Hoping to make it a proper start over the weekend.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Another one aiming for 2019 miles in 2019 :D

I have two toddlers at home and really miss the gym/ exercise classes/ aerobics etc - was a real gym bunny before I had them - now have no time/ opportunity to go and an extra 3 stone to show for it :(

I average 16K steps per day but it really is only steps, two trips out a day with the kids plus lots of walking round the house tidying/ cooking etc. I'd love to find more time to do an exercise DVD (30 Day Shred again perhaps) and/ or some sort of daily challenge; hopefully the kids will be less time intensive as they get a bit older.....
    Finally debt free!! March 2018 :j
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    parkruns completed and over 26,000 steps today to start off 2019 in the right way!
  • alba7
    alba7 Posts: 230 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    I completed 5.5 miles yesterday, with 2 hills as part of it. 14,232 steps.

Good luck everyone!

Alba7
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family