Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dredd786
    • By Dredd786 18th Dec 18, 4:30 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Dredd786
    Gladstones County Court Claim
    • 18th Dec 18, 4:30 PM
    Gladstones County Court Claim 18th Dec 18 at 4:30 PM
    Hi everyone hope you are all well
    bit of a newbie on the forums for posting so sorry if I do the mistake.

So the story goes...
    in Sept 17 the driver parked in a private car park in town and paid for 3 hours after entering my cars registration, or so we thought.

Oct. 17 I get a letter asking for payment which I wrote on it 'No contract' return to sender as well as pointing out I did in fact pay for 3 hours and if their machine did not register my Reg. correctly that was no my fault.

I get another letter in Oct to say they considered my case and comments - my appeal was declined as the driver either did not pay or display or enter the correct Reg. That there was clear signage for terms of parking and the charge stands (the Signs are above the ticket machine and most of it is in a tiny font)
    I could appeal to IAS.

I returned that letter to sender with 'No Contract' return to sender.
    Yes I know that is not seen as a defence but it feels good to write down!

Further letters were sent which I returned in the same manor, eventually leading to a LBC letter.

I did a bit of research and started a dialogue in reply.. which worked for a while until I dropped the ball and so now I have a County Court letter to deal with which I need to acknowledge and sort out a defence?

The court letter is dated the 10th Dec, so the service date would be the 15th and I have 14 days to acknowledge which would make it the 28th Dec. I have started a thred on peipoo and uploaded docs forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=111841&hl=Gladstone

any help appreciated

btw I liked bargepoles defence
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 19, 7:03 PM
    • 65,633 Posts
    • 78,176 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Obviously it's right because breach is spelt 'breach'.

You spellchecker won't have picked it up because 'breech' means a breech baby!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jan 19, 7:52 PM
    • 21,028 Posts
    • 26,423 Thanks
    Redx
    yes, the driver formed a contract and no they did not breach it

the keeper never formed a contract in the first place, so did not breach it because one wasnt formed

so the corrected paragraph and spelling should sort it for now

a lot of this is pure common sense
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Dredd786
    • By Dredd786 12th Jan 19, 9:01 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Dredd786
    Ok all done, defence .pdf has been attached to Email and sent to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    • Dredd786
    • By Dredd786 15th Jan 19, 9:19 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Dredd786
    Thanks everyone, just checked with the moneyclaim helpdesk and the claim has been defended.
    Just working on a witness statement now.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Jan 19, 10:04 AM
    • 21,322 Posts
    • 33,567 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Thanks everyone, just checked with the moneyclaim helpdesk and the claim has been defended.
    Just working on a witness statement now.
    Originally posted by Dredd786
    Won't that be your defence they are referring to? Or were you simply asking if they'd received your defence?
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Dredd786
    • By Dredd786 17th Jan 19, 10:25 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Dredd786
    Hi

Yes that was just my defence submitted and accepted.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,241Posts Today

8,768Users online

Martin's Twitter