Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Stuart_W
    • By Stuart_W 11th Dec 18, 5:22 PM
    • 1,412Posts
    • 682Thanks
    Stuart_W
    Daligas
    • 11th Dec 18, 5:22 PM
    Daligas 11th Dec 18 at 5:22 PM
    Just wondered if any other Daligas customers are on here.

If so, did you end your supply year in credit? (Daligas effectively bill annually, with monthly budget statements produced each month until anniversary date when the real bill is produced)

Would be interested to know how long it took to receive a refund of any overpayment.

I've already been making direct debit payments for the next supply year, and have not received any refund yet. (It doesn't work like a usual budget account where credit is carried forward, they operate on a stand-alone annual bill basis)

I know Daligas were in trouble with the CMA earlier this year. Hope this isn't a sign that it's the next one on the list of small companies to go under.

Thanks
    Last edited by Stuart_W; 11-12-2018 at 5:29 PM.
Page 1
    • WhoIsThat
    • By WhoIsThat 11th Dec 18, 5:37 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    WhoIsThat
    • 11th Dec 18, 5:37 PM
    • 11th Dec 18, 5:37 PM
    Just wondered if any other Daligas customers are on here.

If so, did you end your supply year in credit? (Daligas effectively bill annually, with monthly budget statements produced each month until anniversary date when the real bill is produced)

Would be interested to know how long it took to receive a refund of any overpayment.

I've already been making direct debit payments for the next supply year, and have not received any refund yet. (It doesn't work like a usual budget account where credit is carried forward, they operate on a stand-alone annual bill basis)

I know Daligas were in trouble with the CMA earlier this year. Hope this isn't a sign that it's the next one on the list of small companies to go under.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Stuart_W
    I'm still waiting for my refund from 2016!

From what I recall, the CMA were only involved with Daligas in regards to their supply to microbusiness customers, not domestic customers ... unless you know of another issue?
    Last edited by WhoIsThat; 11-12-2018 at 5:42 PM.
    • Stuart_W
    • By Stuart_W 11th Dec 18, 5:47 PM
    • 1,412 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    Stuart_W
    • 11th Dec 18, 5:47 PM
    • 11th Dec 18, 5:47 PM
    I'm still waiting for my refund from 2016! ?
    Originally posted by WhoIsThat
    That's not good. Hope mine isn't that long. It's irritating that they owe me money and I'm already paying them more money.

From what I recall, the CMA were only involved with Daligas in regards to their supply to microbusiness customers, not domestic customers ... unless you know of another issue?
    Originally posted by WhoIsThat

Yes, just failing on business customer compliance - didn't know if that might have cost them dear, and being quite small they're unlikely to cope with taking much of a hit.
    • WhoIsThat
    • By WhoIsThat 11th Dec 18, 6:05 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    WhoIsThat
    • 11th Dec 18, 6:05 PM
    • 11th Dec 18, 6:05 PM
    That's not good. Hope mine isn't that long. It's irritating that they owe me money and I'm already paying them more money.
    Well I hope they repay customers in the order that money is owed, and that no customer is given any favouritism in this regard.

Yes, just failing on business customer compliance - didn't know if that might have cost them dear, and being quite small they're unlikely to cope with taking much of a hit.
    I don't think it probably cost them much at all.
    As far as I can see, they needed to update/revise/include some information that was on their website, to not include some terms in their contracts with the microbusiness customers (relating to auto rollover and associated matters that once was common amongst all business tariffs) and to submit an annual compliance statement to the CMA.
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 11th Dec 18, 6:43 PM
    • 1,210 Posts
    • 904 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 11th Dec 18, 6:43 PM
    • 11th Dec 18, 6:43 PM
    I left 2 years ago and got the money returned after 33 days from the switch date.
    The Feedback Thread for Daligas is here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4587017
    • Stuart_W
    • By Stuart_W 13th Jan 19, 11:31 PM
    • 1,412 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    Stuart_W
    • 13th Jan 19, 11:31 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 11:31 PM
    Just popping back to confirm that Daligas paid my 209 refund into my bank account on 11th January. Original credit bill produced 20th November. Sent a (polite) query email on 30th December and situation resolved fairly soon afterwards.

The Daligas annual billing method does take a bit of getting used to, it is unlike all other companies I have used. I certainly haven't experienced the problems or difficulties others seem to be complaining about.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,550Posts Today

9,528Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Perhaps the only thing we truly learn from this poll is we are generally optimistic. Most Brexiteers think Brexit w? https://t.co/DoosVRvneE

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ??Join the UK's biggest consumer website ??Make a difference ??Work with brilliant journalists ??Collaborate with top b?

• Today's Twitter poll: Do you believe the UK will leave the European Union in 2019? PS. Twitter/my following tends? https://t.co/U3DknxaJOG

• Follow Martin