Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Blobster1975
    • By Blobster1975 10th Dec 18, 9:53 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Blobster1975
    Multiple NTK letters from pcm ref Salisbury Village
    • 10th Dec 18, 9:53 AM
    Multiple NTK letters from pcm ref Salisbury Village 10th Dec 18 at 9:53 AM
    Hi,

I have read through the newbies post as suggested so thanks for that. I will be apealling as suggested but just wanted to ask if i have to submit a seperate appeal for each notice.
    The notices are for 3 consecutive days at the same location. Also note, no physical notices were placed on the car on any of these days. The first we heard was when the NTK letters arrived on Saturday. Each letter shows a photo of the car but shows no obvious notice on the car.

I have asked my son to get any pictures of signage as suggested too

Thanks
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th Dec 18, 10:03 AM
    • 22,245 Posts
    • 28,131 Thanks
    Redx
    • 10th Dec 18, 10:03 AM
    • 10th Dec 18, 10:03 AM
    yes appeal each one separately as KEEPER using any method they describe on their pcn or ntk (ideally online)

if posting, put all the separate appeals in one envelope and get a free certificate of posting from the P O Counter

bear in mind that every appeal will be rejected , so its a paper excercise only, they wont cancel
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 10th Dec 18, 10:08 AM
    • 3,704 Posts
    • 4,644 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 10th Dec 18, 10:08 AM
    • 10th Dec 18, 10:08 AM
    the location (village) is unimportant at this point , its the name of the parking co?

the std appeal (written in blue) should be sent FOR EACH SEPARATE TICKET , in separate envelopes or online separately.

dependent on the parking co being bpa or ipc will a;ter your next move

with 3 tickets thru the post and non placed on car , the company will have to aplies 3 times for your info from the dvla and got the notices to you within 14 days , if they wish to use keeper liability

so

name of parking co (not cryptic initials)
    dates of incidents
    dates leter thru post
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Blobster1975
    • By Blobster1975 7th Jan 19, 1:23 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Blobster1975
    • 7th Jan 19, 1:23 PM
    details
    • 7th Jan 19, 1:23 PM
    Thanks for the replies, apologies for my delay, i thought i would get an email when i got responses. It is also 4 notices now not 3
    Company is Parking Control Management
    Dates of incidents
    PCN Issued 03/12/18 - Letter Posted 07/12/18 - Date Notice Given 11/12/18
    PCN Issued 04/12/18 - Letter Posted 07/12/18 - Date Notice Given 11/12/18
    PCN Issued 05/12/18 - Letter Posted 07/12/18 - Date Notice Given 11/12/18
    PCN Issued 06/12/18 - Letter Posted 12/12/18 - Date Notice Given 14/12/18
    They have, as predicted, rejected all of the appeals i logged
    All rejection letters are dated 03/01/19 and recieved today 07/01/19
    Each letter gives 14 days to pay the reduced amount or lodge an apeal with theIAS within 21days
    Please advise
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Jan 19, 1:40 PM
    • 14,345 Posts
    • 16,325 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 7th Jan 19, 1:40 PM
    • 7th Jan 19, 1:40 PM
    Please advise
    Originally posted by Blobster1975
    There really is nothing more to do other than wait for either a Letter of Claim or official court correspondence. Post again on this thread if you need help then.

Ignore the inevitable debt collectors letters.
    • Castle
    • By Castle 7th Jan 19, 2:28 PM
    • 2,209 Posts
    • 2,998 Thanks
    Castle
    • 7th Jan 19, 2:28 PM
    • 7th Jan 19, 2:28 PM
    Please advise
    Originally posted by Blobster1975
    Contact DVLA to make sure that they have applied for the RK's details 4 times.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 7th Jan 19, 2:40 PM
    • 3,704 Posts
    • 4,644 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 7th Jan 19, 2:40 PM
    • 7th Jan 19, 2:40 PM
    as above I suspect they may have asked just once for the following

PCN Issued 03/12/18 - Letter Posted 07/12/18 - Date Notice Given 11/12/18
    PCN Issued 04/12/18 - Letter Posted 07/12/18 - Date Notice Given 11/12/18
    PCN Issued 05/12/18 - Letter Posted 07/12/18 - Date Notice Given 11/12/18
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Blobster1975
    • By Blobster1975 17th Jan 19, 9:56 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Blobster1975
    • 17th Jan 19, 9:56 AM
    • 17th Jan 19, 9:56 AM
    Hi, Just to update we can confirm that it looks like they have made separate requests for each of the 4 tickets.
    On the 5th for the tickets on the 3rd and 4th
    On the 6th for the ticket on the 5th
    On the 10th for the ticket on the 6th
    On the 17th for the ticket on the 13th
    Does this affect our standing?
    Should they have left a notice on the car each time?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 17th Jan 19, 10:03 AM
    • 12,660 Posts
    • 12,888 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 17th Jan 19, 10:03 AM
    • 17th Jan 19, 10:03 AM
    Is this residential? If so read this

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2016/11/residential-parking.html

and complain to your MP as it is the will of Parliament that these scammers, (very often former clampers), be put out of business.

Hopefully that will take place in the near future. The Bill has passed through the HOC without hitch, and goes to the Lords soon. In the meantime involve your MP, the poor dears are buckling under the weight of complaints about these scammers.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Third Reading in late November, and, with a fair wind, will become Law next year.

All three readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 6-7 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Blobster1975
    • By Blobster1975 17th Jan 19, 11:27 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Blobster1975
    Hi,
    Thanks. It is a residential area. My son is at Uni and was visiting his girlfriend from the same Uni, that lives in a shared house on the estate. Until we got the tickets through the post we weren't aware of the parking restrictions. I had even visited previously and not seen the signs. Once we had the tickets they had a look around and found the signs.
    Should I complain to the Hatfield MPs or my local ones.
    Thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Jan 19, 12:01 AM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,985 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Both MPs, let them hear your wrath at this scam of hidden signs, designed to entrap.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Blobster1975
    • By Blobster1975 23rd Jan 19, 12:30 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Blobster1975
    Thanks for that, Does anyone have a template for that, i've never written an MP before. Id like to word it for maximum impact.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 23rd Jan 19, 12:59 PM
    • 4,621 Posts
    • 3,998 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    No templates for complaint letters, there would be as many templates as there are different complaints - i.e. thousands! Just write it as a business-like letter imploring the MP to intervene on your behalf and to support Sir Greg Knight's action in the house. Search for ANY post by poster The Deep and you will see what he writes about on every thread to give you a clue what is going through Parliament.

Oh look, you don't need to, he has posted on your thread already!
    • Blobster1975
    • By Blobster1975 1st Feb 19, 2:50 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Blobster1975
    Hi,
    Just to update I have had a sympatetic reply from the local MP in Hatfield but they say there is unfortunatley nothing they can do to assist us, i can paste the reply if it helps.
    The only other contact from PCM has been letters to say the 14 day lower payment period is over.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Feb 19, 4:12 PM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,985 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I have had a sympatetic reply from the local MP in Hatfield but they say there is unfortunatley nothing they can do to assist us,
    Strange that, given you can send your clueless MP a link to the video of the Parliamentary debate by MPs about parking scams (a year ago tomorrow) where lots of MPs stated how they help their constituents with these 'all the time'.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5787731

https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 1st Feb 19, 4:22 PM
    • 12,660 Posts
    • 12,888 Thanks
    The Deep
    Why not write bad stuff on the MP's website/Facebook page. and contact the defeated candidate in the last election, he/she may be able to capitalise on his indolence.

Read what one of his colleagues had to say about these scammers,

Pete Wishart (SNP, Perth):

"I am sick and tired of receiving emails from people complaining about the behaviour of parking companies, telling me that they will never again visit Perth city centre because of the negative experience they had when they had the misfortune to end up in a car park operated by one of these companies. I have received more complaints about one car park in the city of Perth than about any other issue. That car park is operated by the lone ranger of the parking cowboys: the hated and appalling Smart Parking—I see that many other Members are unfortunate enough to have Smart Parking operating in their constituencies. It has reached the stage where one member of my staff now spends a good part of each day just helping my constituents and visitors to my constituency to navigate the appeals process.

The BPA does not have the ability to regulate these companies and has shown no sign whatsoever that it is trying to get on top of some of the sharper practices. The BPA gives a veneer of legitimacy to some of the more outlandish rogue operators by including them in their membership, allowing them to continue to operate. The Bill will oblige operators such as Smart Parking to amend their practices."
    Last edited by The Deep; 01-02-2019 at 4:26 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Blobster1975
    • By Blobster1975 19th Feb 19, 9:49 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Blobster1975
    Update.
    After speaking with the MP further he wrote to the director of PCM on our behalf but PCM basically shut him down.
    We have started getting collection letters from TRACE. Are we still to ignore these?
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 19th Feb 19, 9:56 AM
    • 4,618 Posts
    • 6,605 Thanks
    Half_way
    So called debt recovery is in the newbies thread.
    You said he was visiting a girlfriends propriety, was the vehicle parked in a space assigned to or associated with that property?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Blobster1975
    • By Blobster1975 20th Feb 19, 10:05 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Blobster1975
    Thanks i'll check the newbies thread again

Just parked on the side of the road, not a specific space
    • Blobster1975
    • By Blobster1975 16th Apr 19, 1:57 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Blobster1975
    Quick question and update.
    Update - Final notice received from Trace stating they have advised their client to persue legal action if we dont pay within 14 days.

Question - We have been receiving an individual letters for each charge, does this mean it will be seperate court appearances should it go that far or will he just have to appear once?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

482Posts Today

5,242Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin