Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mixMZ
    • By mixMZ 1st Dec 18, 4:08 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 1Thanks
    mixMZ
    2 separate letters from BW Legal - Britannia Parking
    • 1st Dec 18, 4:08 PM
    2 separate letters from BW Legal - Britannia Parking 1st Dec 18 at 4:08 PM
    Hi

Came back from holiday and got 2 letters from BW Legal - on behalf of Britannia Parking Limited.

They are both "Letter of Claim" dated the same: 14 November 2018 and referring to 2 different "Contraventions"
    One is for 27 October 2016 and the second one is for 23 December 2016.
    Both Letters referring to the same Contravention Location/Description: West Quay Retail Park Southampton / Failed to display a valid P&D ticket ot Permit.
    In both cases they asking for a payment of 130 to be made by 19th December 2018.

Breakdown on estimated Court fees are as follow:

Principal Debt+Initial Legal Costs 130.00
    Estimated Interest 11.48 (the other one for 23 Dec is 10.60)
    Estimated Court Fees 25.00
    Estimated Solicitor`s Costs 50.00
    Total: 216.48 (second one: 215.60)

I scanned that letter and uploaded on google drive:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gKgnxXiVoK66A5dH34hbfrXFKK9HeWIU

Thing is that I personally do not remember any parking tickets, but during that time ,access to my car had also my ex and her brother who I am not in touch with anymore, so my defense might be a bit tricky...

What do you advice, should I respond to those letters individually with the same "Response" but in different time frame to see how the first one goes?
    English is not my first Language so its a bit stressful have to say...
Page 3
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Jan 19, 2:34 PM
    • 12,095 Posts
    • 12,822 Thanks
    KeithP
    Do the AoS for each individually.

Write a Defence for each individually.
    Obviously each Defence will be identical in substance, but in each mention the other claim and make the point that the Claimant is abusing the process by issuing two claims.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jan 19, 5:31 PM
    • 65,704 Posts
    • 78,231 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    what about my previous question:

Both CCBC claims / PCNs relate to same car park and are worded same way (only difference is amount claimed that differs by aporx 2)
    should I do AOS for both claims individually or should I somehow try to consolidate them into 1 claim?
    Originally posted by mixMZ
    You then do this, like you will see in all similar double claim threads:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75304612#post75304612

Keep at it as there is no way the courts should sanction duplicate hearings.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,152Posts Today

8,734Users online

Martin's Twitter