Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 30th Nov 18, 11:43 AM
    • 27,218Posts
    • 325,371Thanks
    davemorton
    Elite: Is this table taken please?
    • 30th Nov 18, 11:43 AM
    Elite: Is this table taken please? 30th Nov 18 at 11:43 AM
    Just looking for a spare quiet table in the corner of the arms for a few exiled elite to chat, is this table free please?
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
Page 460
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Jun 19, 7:28 PM
    • 18,422 Posts
    • 39,510 Thanks
    Sleazy
    It's a game of strategy and skill sleazy

And if you know the tricks you don't need anyone to send you lives because you can have as many as you want
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Totally agree
    It's a game
    Weekly Distance Walked 30km / Total For Year 1162 km
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Jun 19, 7:34 PM
    • 21,841 Posts
    • 221,238 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Totally agree
    It's a game
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    It is, but I am rather competitive ………...
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Jun 19, 7:51 PM
    • 33,778 Posts
    • 445,712 Thanks
    tweets
    tweets, how you like being back at work?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Would be better if I didn't have to leave our Poppy
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Jun 19, 8:12 PM
    • 33,778 Posts
    • 445,712 Thanks
    tweets
    Free McVities

This is a really nice one! Next time you buy a packet of McVitie's biscuits in Tesco, you can send a friend a voucher for a free packet - how sweet is that?
    This giveaway is a collaboration between McVitie's and mental health charity Mind and the idea is to get people sharing and chatting.
    Promotional packs include favourites like Milk Chocolate Digestives Twin Packs, Chocolate Hobnobs Twin Packs, Caramel Digestives (267), Original Digestives (400g) and more (full list in terms and conditions).
    Buy your packet of biscuits, take a photo of your itemised receipt and then upload it. You'll receive a unique code which you can forward on to your friend with your own personalised message.

https://www.lets-talk-mcvities.co.uk/
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Jun 19, 8:16 PM
    • 56,502 Posts
    • 647,296 Thanks
    bubbs
    Would be better if I didn't have to leave our Poppy
    Originally posted by tweets
    I am sure she would love to go
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 1 1/2lb
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 12th Jun 19, 10:33 PM
    • 21,468 Posts
    • 270,275 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 12th Jun 19, 10:35 PM
    • 21,468 Posts
    • 270,275 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Free McVities

This is a really nice one! Next time you buy a packet of McVitie's biscuits in Tesco, you can send a friend a voucher for a free packet - how sweet is that?
    This giveaway is a collaboration between McVitie's and mental health charity Mind and the idea is to get people sharing and chatting.
    Promotional packs include favourites like Milk Chocolate Digestives Twin Packs, Chocolate Hobnobs Twin Packs, Caramel Digestives (267), Original Digestives (400g) and more (full list in terms and conditions).
    Buy your packet of biscuits, take a photo of your itemised receipt and then upload it. You'll receive a unique code which you can forward on to your friend with your own personalised message.

https://www.lets-talk-mcvities.co.uk/
    Originally posted by tweets
    Can I buy my packet with a voucher for a free packet some friend can send to me?
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 12-06-2019 at 10:39 PM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 12th Jun 19, 10:45 PM
    • 21,468 Posts
    • 270,275 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Afternoon all:
    No rain here ................yet today although all afternoon its looked like its going to chuck it down
    Di, how are you going to dry your'e washing in the winter?
    You are correct as it was to the north and west of you. I had rain from later yesterday and thought it was going to rain continually for the next two days. It's not been quite like that, although many of the areas having rain a day ago have been having rain again most of today. The rain currently now seems to have expanded and is covering England and Wales - Scotland is largely clear, Wales has a strip that is no rain at the moment but much of it is raining and the vast majority of inland England is covered by rain - largely the only areas of England not getting rain right now are no more than a county away from the coasts.

England no rain at present in much of Cumbria, East Yorkshire, Sussex, much of Cornwall except some parts to the east, almost all of Kent it seems, a part to the west of Southampton, parts of North Norfolk and east Cambs. but much of the area is covered by rain as is part of Suffolk away from the coast, much of Essex and London are possibly about half raining but half not and no rain in the area of and around Chester, the Wirral and Liverpool (actually extends as far east as Northwich and Winsford but they will soon get rain from the north-east I imagine - go much south of Tarporley and you will enter rain at the moment). West Kirby has just had rain but it has now stopped whilst Liverpool may get rain later (which may then also go back to West Kirby). Elsewhere however a small part to the west of Wigan has no rain at the moment and Formby also looks clear (rain between the two), Lancashire is now patchy - mostly rain but there are areas that are not. EDIT: Formby now starting to rain - I cannot continue to track this as I will just end up editing this post and never do anything else at all ever again.

For the latest situation, as of 5/10 minutes ago to whenever you are reading see https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

I am told that swarms of ladybirds can sometimes give false positives for rain when there is none, but whenever rain (it may sometimes be drizzle) has shown over my area and I've seen the map so far, it has never yet failed to be accurate.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 12-06-2019 at 11:07 PM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 12th Jun 19, 11:12 PM
    • 21,468 Posts
    • 270,275 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Knighton, on the border between England and Wales, is currently in a small slice into the large area of rain which is lucky to have no rain at the moment, although it will probably already be getting rain again by the time I post this as it will move over again.

Actually, if I run the map back by up to two hours, it's seems there has been no rain in the slice for most of that time. The cut into the rain, where there is none, has kept moving over the area it seems but no rain in the slice cut into the rain itself, unless it is a fault in the graph.

Liverpool now raining (or at least drizzling), except possibly a small area around and in Speke that will doubtless be raining/drizzling in the next few minutes if it is not already.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 12-06-2019 at 11:14 PM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 12th Jun 19, 11:18 PM
    • 21,468 Posts
    • 270,275 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I don't like Glastonbury - there's nothing worth doing there.

I did visit this forum, on the odd moment or two, during the daytime on Tuesday but wasn't here long and didn't end up posting. Which was because I didn't have or couldn't think of anything to say, so I didn't say anything. Now I am here I can't stop saying things. But - anyway - it is time to go, after a brief pop-in, and bye for now.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 13th Jun 19, 7:10 AM
    • 18,422 Posts
    • 39,510 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Morning all

And a big to our Tweets who was top in the quiz yesterday.
    She's not here, so probably out celebrating I suppose!
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jun 19, 7:17 AM
    • 33,778 Posts
    • 445,712 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

I am not celebrating I haven't looked yet lol been trying to conquer the stupid candy level I haven't

Not raining yet
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jun 19, 7:20 AM
    • 33,778 Posts
    • 445,712 Thanks
    tweets
    tweets was yesterday's smartest player!
    22 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Thursday): General Knowledge 5 : Difficult

Didn't think I would be top took me 50 secs which is a long time for quiz only 3 people got 10
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Jun 19, 7:38 AM
    • 21,841 Posts
    • 221,238 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, was raining hard here but seems to have stopped, more or less.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 13th Jun 19, 9:54 AM
    • 7,208 Posts
    • 93,458 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Been up since 4.30, Harley crying at the door, got bad stomach, and needed to go out.

Had lots to do today, but had to cancel, as cant leave him, he wont even go in the garden, I have to walk him across the road to the field.

Yes its raining again
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 13th Jun 19, 2:01 PM
    • 18,422 Posts
    • 39,510 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Got to go out to pick up Mrs Sleazy and I don't feel well at all
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jun 19, 2:58 PM
    • 56,502 Posts
    • 647,296 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Weather had been horrendous here again,glad i have moved!!
    Enterprise, i think i am right in thinking it's the funeral tomorrow? Will be thinking of you, take care x
    Sleazy hope you are ok? and soon feel a bit better
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 13th Jun 19, 3:58 PM
    • 18,422 Posts
    • 39,510 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Been wheezing and breathless all day. Probably due to oven cleaner I accidentally inhaled the other day I suspect.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Jun 19, 4:12 PM
    • 21,841 Posts
    • 221,238 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Afternoon all
    Weather had been horrendous here again,glad i have moved!!
    Enterprise, i think i am right in thinking it's the funeral tomorrow? Will be thinking of you, take care x
    Sleazy hope you are ok? and soon feel a bit better
    It is, thank you.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jun 19, 5:08 PM
    • 56,502 Posts
    • 647,296 Thanks
    bubbs
    Been wheezing and breathless all day. Probably due to oven cleaner I accidentally inhaled the other day I suspect.
    Use oven pride its brilliant
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,795Posts Today

8,126Users online

Martin's Twitter