Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 29th Nov 18, 3:09 PM
    • 1,588Posts
    • 12,223Thanks
    teafor2
    Slipping Through My Fingers
    • 29th Nov 18, 3:09 PM
    Slipping Through My Fingers 29th Nov 18 at 3:09 PM
    No, I'm not talking about the ABBA song that makes me cry every time I hear it, this is about my money

I'm the most technologically challenged person, so I'm going to post this and check it's working before I launch into a long winded waffle.
Page 52
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 15th May 19, 10:57 AM
    • 1,588 Posts
    • 12,223 Thanks
    teafor2
    Morning

Day 15/31, Prolific 1.45p cleared, 0 pending, Spends 15th-21st May 30
    RH: 234/1500 Shoppix: 345/3200

It's spends Day I don't seem to have bumped the pots up lately so I've taken 20 survey money out of Paypal and added the bit of money I had left in my purse which has given me 22 to split between them. So they're now looking like this:

Savings : 55.00
    DS Savings : 50
    Dogs : 50
    Hairdressers : 0
    Christmas : 65.00
    Christmas Charity : 20.00
    Caravan : 35
    Treats : 20
    Target : 12/100 by September

DD had to stay over again last night. We had a call from an elderly relative who needed some help and by the time that had been sorted it was too late for hubby to take her back, so she's going tonight instead.

Had an appointment with the nurse this morning. I've got one load of washing on the line and another in the machine. Shopping is being delivered this afternoon and it's pasta for tea. All is good.

Hope you all have a lovely day. xx
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 15th May 19, 1:39 PM
    • 9,361 Posts
    • 73,864 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    It sounds like a productive day TF2 with some healthy pot feeding .
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = 58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = 4,005. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = 1,505.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = 66
    PREMIUM BONDS = 50
    • Choccygirl123
    • By Choccygirl123 16th May 19, 8:09 AM
    • 629 Posts
    • 1,926 Thanks
    Choccygirl123
    I'm crossing off the days until I can add to my pots, you've got me addicted! I've been doing the batch lady planning and prepping to get my food budget under control. Hubby bought 5kgs of chicken from the butchers yesterday.
    Always counting down to pay day, but making baby steps getting life on track! Looking forward to cracking the debt once and for all.
    SPC 090 - 69.45 / 500
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 16th May 19, 8:11 AM
    • 1,588 Posts
    • 12,223 Thanks
    teafor2
    It sounds like a productive day TF2 with some healthy pot feeding .
    Originally posted by HairyHandofDartmoor
    Thanks HHD Felt good to add a bit to the pots. Need to try and get back into the swing of doing that if I can. xx
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 16th May 19, 8:13 AM
    • 1,588 Posts
    • 12,223 Thanks
    teafor2
    I'm crossing off the days until I can add to my pots, you've got me addicted! I've been doing the batch lady planning and prepping to get my food budget under control. Hubby bought 5kgs of chicken from the butchers yesterday.
    Originally posted by Choccygirl123

Haha, they are addictive CG, I like naming them as well I wouldn't mind batch cooking but we don't have the freezer space. I've not heard of batch lady but I'll look her up. Just hope I don't get too sidetracked and end up on here for ages again xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th May 19, 9:02 AM
    • 63,171 Posts
    • 277,722 Thanks
    beanielou
    Have a great day xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Choccygirl123
    • By Choccygirl123 16th May 19, 9:19 AM
    • 629 Posts
    • 1,926 Thanks
    Choccygirl123
    She just breaks basic recipes down into a way they can be either cooked then frozen or prepped then frozen. Watching the 10meals chicken in an hour is a great start. The chicken and spinach ricotta is delicious.
    Always counting down to pay day, but making baby steps getting life on track! Looking forward to cracking the debt once and for all.
    SPC 090 - 69.45 / 500
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 16th May 19, 2:40 PM
    • 1,588 Posts
    • 12,223 Thanks
    teafor2
    Have a great day xx
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Thanks Beanie, hope yours has been good. DD finally went back to Uni this morning. The house is really quiet without her. I'm not sure how long she'll be there tbh. Her flat mates seem to be drifting away slowly. The nearer she can get to 21st June (I think) the better though as that's when she's paid rent to. xx
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 16th May 19, 2:42 PM
    • 1,588 Posts
    • 12,223 Thanks
    teafor2
    She just breaks basic recipes down into a way they can be either cooked then frozen or prepped then frozen. Watching the 10meals chicken in an hour is a great start. The chicken and spinach ricotta is delicious.
    Originally posted by Choccygirl123
    I've been really strict with my laptop time today but I'm going to find her tonight and have a look. Even if I can't batch cook myself due to space, I always enjoy watching other people work.

Hope you've had a lovely day. xx
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 16th May 19, 4:48 PM
    • 9,361 Posts
    • 73,864 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Thanks Beanie, hope yours has been good. DD finally went back to Uni this morning. The house is really quiet without her. I'm not sure how long she'll be there tbh. Her flat mates seem to be drifting away slowly. The nearer she can get to 21st June (I think) the better though as that's when she's paid rent to. xx
    Originally posted by teafor2
    DS3 has his exam tomorrow and after that has no reason to be at uni. I'm not sure when his rent is paid up until. But he's planning on staying on a bit longer as long as he has some friends to hang out with. He said that if ALL of his friends go home then he may as well come home too . I just hope he doesn't want to come this weekend as I have big de-cluttering plans .

I wonder how long your DD will last before she wants to come home . Does she have friends at home that she likes to hang out with?
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = 66
    PREMIUM BONDS = 50
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 16th May 19, 5:21 PM
    • 1,588 Posts
    • 12,223 Thanks
    teafor2
    DS3 has his exam tomorrow and after that has no reason to be at uni. I'm not sure when his rent is paid up until. But he's planning on staying on a bit longer as long as he has some friends to hang out with. He said that if ALL of his friends go home then he may as well come home too . I just hope he doesn't want to come this weekend as I have big de-cluttering plans .

I wonder how long your DD will last before she wants to come home . Does she have friends at home that she likes to hang out with?
    Hi HHD Hope DS's exam goes well. DD submitted her final assignment today, so she's all finished now and the same as your DS has no need to be there, but there are some social things happening that she wants to go to.

DD wants to stay until the end as long as there's somebody in the flat with her. I get what she means, there are 7 of them sharing and the way it's set out it would feel like being on a hotel floor on your own and would be a bit eerie. But she has friends in other flats and I know they flat hop so she can either crash out in theirs or vice versa.

She has 2 really good friends at home. A boy she met in pre-school aged 3 and a girl she met at high school. These are her 'best' friends but she also has 2 groups of friends that she goes out with occasionally as well.

If DS comes home will you have to go and get him again? I'm looking forward to having DD around, but not particularly all the stuff that will be coming with her xx
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 16th May 19, 7:26 PM
    • 9,361 Posts
    • 73,864 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Thanks TF2 . I hope DD is able to stay as long as she wants to and gets a good mark for her final assignment.

We will have to fetch DS3 because he'll have to clear his room completely and will never get it home on the coach or train. I'm hoping it will all fit in his room at home. Will you be fetching DD?
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = 66
    PREMIUM BONDS = 50
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 17th May 19, 7:34 AM
    • 1,588 Posts
    • 12,223 Thanks
    teafor2
    Thanks TF2 . I hope DD is able to stay as long as she wants to and gets a good mark for her final assignment.

We will have to fetch DS3 because he'll have to clear his room completely and will never get it home on the coach or train. I'm hoping it will all fit in his room at home. Will you be fetching DD?
    Morning HHD Yes, we'll be bringing DD home but it's a much easier journey for us than you, she's only 30 minutes away. Because of how long your journey takes I'd be inclined to say DS had to give me at least 2 weeks notice so I could psych myself up for it. I hope it's not too soon for you though, you only just seem to have done the journey xx
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 17th May 19, 8:57 AM
    • 1,588 Posts
    • 12,223 Thanks
    teafor2
    Morning

Day 17/31, Prolific 1.45p cleared, 0 pending, Spends 15th-21st May 30

Off to the van tonight so I'll be taking 10 out of the caravan pot for our fish & chips treat tomorrow Prolific has gone quiet again but Shoppix sent me 3 surveys through yesterday which gave me 90 points and 3 scratchcards with gave me 70 points

It's our silver wedding next year so we're starting to throw around some ideas of what we want to do. Switzerland was a favourite until I had a look at the prices. Hotels aren't too bad but food and drink Amsterdam is somewhere I've always wanted to go and seems a bit better on the pocket, so that's looking a good contender. It's likely to be a city as I prefer holidays with something to see rather than beaches. We have a year to decide though, so no rush.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th May 19, 6:25 PM
    • 63,171 Posts
    • 277,722 Thanks
    beanielou
    Have a fab time at the van xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 17th May 19, 9:06 PM
    • 9,361 Posts
    • 73,864 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Have a lovely weekend TF2 . Amsterdam sounds good, I'm sure you'll think of somewhere lovely and MSE to go for your anniversary.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = 66
    PREMIUM BONDS = 50
    • Choccygirl123
    • By Choccygirl123 18th May 19, 8:55 AM
    • 629 Posts
    • 1,926 Thanks
    Choccygirl123
    Ooooh tea, 25years? That definitely needs a nice holiday to celebrate! Have you looked at Germany? We spent 3 lovely weeks camping by Lake Constance and drove into Switzerland and Austria a few days. Such s beautiful part of world and the weather was stunning in July.

Hope you have a great weekend in the van.
    SPC 090 - 69.45 / 500
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 19th May 19, 1:21 PM
    • 1,588 Posts
    • 12,223 Thanks
    teafor2
    Afternoon Everybody

Day 19/31, Prolific 1.45 cleared, Spends 30 15th-21st May

Back from a lovely weekend at the van. Lots of walking done down the country lanes and also on the beach so feeling very smug That will probably change when I jump on the scales tomorrow and find I've still not lost anything

Didn't spend a penny of my money but caravan pot has just over 10 less in it now after our usual fish & chip treat and a purchase of milk and ice-creams.

Have spent a lovely hour on here with a brew catching up with everybody, but need to move my backside now and go and peg out and make 2 beds.

Hope you've all enjoyed your weekends. xx
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 19th May 19, 2:18 PM
    • 9,361 Posts
    • 73,864 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    It sounds like you've had a great weekend TF2 with lots of fresh air and exercise. The chips and ice cream sound good too . Your weekends at the van must feel very therapeutic.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = 66
    PREMIUM BONDS = 50
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 19th May 19, 5:11 PM
    • 1,588 Posts
    • 12,223 Thanks
    teafor2
    The breaks do us the world of good HHD. It might only be 2 nights and one full day - we arrive Friday evening and usually set off home about 11am Sunday - but the change of scene is just the ticket. If we miss a week or two I feel the benefit even more.

It's also a good chance for us to discuss things in a bit more detail than we do at home, probably because we've really got nothing else to do Topics are random and this weekend have ranged from the next step now that probate has been granted, our silver wedding - we've been all round Europe , how well we think DD has coped with Uni and something that needs sorting with DS at school this week. All these things get spoken about at home but in fits and starts. At the van we can have a proper conversation about things. xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,480Posts Today

6,364Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Can't believe my luck. Just got this email My name is Manuel Franco. I won $768.4m Lottery Jackpot. I have a don? https://t.co/OSYkS7tu2c

• It should be a poll. You are implying your view is the only view anyone can hold. Clearly the poll results show tha? https://t.co/ur0ejJ1fjB

• Today's Twitter Poll: Is milkshaking legitimate political protest or unacceptable thuggery? In recent weeks a few? https://t.co/hjCpu9zqwZ

• Follow Martin