Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 29th Nov 18, 3:09 PM
    • 1,321Posts
    • 9,668Thanks
    teafor2
    Slipping Through My Fingers
    • 29th Nov 18, 3:09 PM
    Slipping Through My Fingers 29th Nov 18 at 3:09 PM
    No, I'm not talking about the ABBA song that makes me cry every time I hear it, this is about my money

I'm the most technologically challenged person, so I'm going to post this and check it's working before I launch into a long winded waffle.
Page 42
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 15th Apr 19, 10:25 AM
    • 1,321 Posts
    • 9,668 Thanks
    teafor2
    Morning WB Hope you have a good day too. x

Day 15/30, Prolific £3.05, Spends £29

A new week and new spends but we're away for a couple more days at some point this week, so depending on whether I treat myself there might not be much left over.

Caravan pot is looking very sorry for itself with only £8.70 left, but this covered some treats we don't normally buy in the weekly shop, a couple of activities and I've also used it for Easter eggs and token money gifts for family. It was saved to be spent so I don't feel bad there's not much left, I just need to start building it up again. It was definitely nice having a kitty to take away with us, so this is one pot that needs to stay on the list.

The pots are now looking like this. There's not much difference, if any since 1st April, but the main thing is they're all on track. I'm more than happy with how I've spent my money so far this month but would like to try and add something to them over the next couple of weeks.

Savings: £75
    DS: £40
    Dogs: £25
    Hairdressers : £20
    Christmas : £50
    Christmas Charity : £13
    CC Bonus : £2.50
    Caravan : £8.70

Have a good day. xx
    • kindofagilr
    • By kindofagilr 15th Apr 19, 12:37 PM
    • 6,656 Posts
    • 22,453 Thanks
    kindofagilr
    Pots are looking fab and yay for having the money to spend at the van xx
    Current Debt £39,978.00/£44,856.56 ~ 04/04/19 - 10.87% Paid Off

POAMAYC 2019 #87 £4802.01
    POAMAYC 2018 #87 £13,912.57

POAMAYC 2017 #87 £10,380.18
    POAMAYC 2016 #87 £7454.80

Mortgage (Start Date 01/04/09 ~ 30 year term, due to end 01/07/39)
    £82,026.11/£104,409.00 (as of 31/03/19) ~ 21.43% Paid Off

Christmas Savings 18: Totalled £750/Christmas Savings 19: £0
    Cyprus 19 Savings: £400/£2000 ~ Centre Parcs 19 Savings: £375/£500
    Emergency Savings: £50

My Debt Free Diary (Link)
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 19, 1:13 PM
    • 62,617 Posts
    • 270,967 Thanks
    beanielou
    Your pots look great
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Choccygirl123
    • By Choccygirl123 15th Apr 19, 2:04 PM
    • 567 Posts
    • 1,721 Thanks
    Choccygirl123
    That's the beauty of your pots tea, you'll soon have that caravan pot topped up again! At least you know you're starting with a couple of bags of chips' worth.
    Always counting down to pay day, but making baby steps getting life on track! Looking forward to cracking the debt once and for all.
    SPC 090 - £69.45 / £500
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 15th Apr 19, 7:43 PM
    • 8,858 Posts
    • 68,874 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I hope you build up your pots soon. The surveys have been a bit thin on the ground for me lately. How are you doing with yours?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Save for house repairs.
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £4,005. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £1,505.
    Goal - buy £50 worth of Premium Bonds per month = £0
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 15th Apr 19, 7:52 PM
    • 1,321 Posts
    • 9,668 Thanks
    teafor2
    Hi HHD Yes, I'd like to build the pots up again and get in front of myself then hopefully I can pay another big payment to the CC. I'm definitely borrowing £1k from 'us' when I hit that mark so the sooner I get there the better.

Surveys are rubbish at the moment. I've been stuck on £3.05 for weeks. But I don't come on the laptop as much during the day so I'm probably missing the few that are out there. xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 19, 7:57 PM
    • 62,617 Posts
    • 270,967 Thanks
    beanielou
    What do you need to pay to get to the magic 1k mark? xx

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 15th Apr 19, 8:05 PM
    • 1,321 Posts
    • 9,668 Thanks
    teafor2
    I think off the top of my head just over £400, so by July it should be gone. It's always been a goal for me since I started the diary and I think hubby will be happy with 3 months of money built up again so it should fall into place nicely. xx
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 15th Apr 19, 8:11 PM
    • 3,494 Posts
    • 32,729 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    There's one on for 87p now Tea I don't know if you have it? When it's approved I finally hit the £5 cashout for the first time in weeks!

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 15th Apr 19, 8:14 PM
    • 1,321 Posts
    • 9,668 Thanks
    teafor2
    No I've not got it WB My opinion is so worthy of having I really don't know why I don't get more than I do xx Did you get my PM? xx
    • Homegrown0
    • By Homegrown0 16th Apr 19, 9:05 AM
    • 858 Posts
    • 4,410 Thanks
    Homegrown0
    Glad you had some lovely treats with your hard-saved-for pot money! Everyone's right, you'll have that built back up again in no time at all.

I haven't even logged into PA for weeks - got totally fed up with the lack of anything. Although I know you need to be in it to win it. Must make time (and find motivation) to get back into it!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
    • nomorecredit
    • By nomorecredit 16th Apr 19, 4:40 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 303 Thanks
    nomorecredit
    Hi Tea just popping in to say hi good plan to get rid of the CC be nice to have that gone, your caravan savings will be back up in no time you are very focused.

Have a lovely evening
    NMC x
    Last edited by nomorecredit; 16-04-2019 at 5:13 PM. Reason: typo
    Saving Pots - 1p Savings Challenge - £37.91/£667.95 Emergency Fund - £25.19/£500, £0/£1700 Holiday

15/04/2019 - 14/05/2019 - Lunch to work 1/9
    NSD - 0/15 - No Chocolate/Sweets/Biscuits - 1/20
    Debt - Mum £100 / MBNA - £575
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 18th Apr 19, 8:56 AM
    • 1,321 Posts
    • 9,668 Thanks
    teafor2
    Morning Everybody

HHG - yep, PA has been so slow I've stopped checking more than a couple of times a day. You did well with your recent ones though

NMC - it's surprising how the pots build up just adding a bit here and there. I've just worked out on a CC calculator if I carried on paying the £120 each month it would cost me nearly £110 in interest to pay the £1k so that will go in my pocket instead

In other news, there isn't any We're away for a couple of days but nothing planned apart from lots of walking and fresh air so minimum spending this time. Weather is lovely and we spent yesterday afternoon just sat outside enjoying an ice-cream - from the supermarket. In MSE style we bought 4 for just over the price of one from the on site shop I sent DS up for milk last time we were here and he came back with 1/2 litre that cost the same as what I usually buy 4 litres for. Needless to say it has to be a real emergency before I use the shop.

Hope you all have a great day. xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Apr 19, 10:58 AM
    • 62,617 Posts
    • 270,967 Thanks
    beanielou
    Have a grand time xx

***Keep plodding***
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 19th Apr 19, 4:12 PM
    • 1,321 Posts
    • 9,668 Thanks
    teafor2
    Hello All

Day 19/30, Prolific £3.05, Spends £29

We're back home and I haven't spent a penny. That doesn't mean we haven't had a great time though. The weather has been gorgeous and we've been out and about plenty. I don't expect to be spending anything this weekend so I'm going to have a think about what to do with this weeks money. I feel like treating myself but don't know what to I may just add it to a new pot called Treats so that when I feel like frittering some money away I can do.

I've been reading along and will be visiting you all over the next few days to say hello.

Hope you all have a fab Easter weekend. xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 19th Apr 19, 7:36 PM
    • 62,617 Posts
    • 270,967 Thanks
    beanielou
    Treats pot sounds good xx

***Keep plodding***
    • Homegrown0
    • By Homegrown0 19th Apr 19, 7:42 PM
    • 858 Posts
    • 4,410 Thanks
    Homegrown0
    Your couple of days away sounds fantastic Tea! Thoroughly deserved, and it's nice to get some fresh air and exercise. Particularly when the weather is good.

I LOVE the idea of a treats pot and think you should set that up immediately. Whether it's for frittering when the time comes, or for spending on something that you've been coveting, i think it's a lovely idea. I can't believe you haven't spent a penny this week though!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 19th Apr 19, 7:42 PM
    • 8,858 Posts
    • 68,874 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    A Treats pot sounds like a brilliant idea. Then if you see somehing you like you can buy it for yourself without guilt . Your afternoon relaxing with ice cream sounds good.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Save for house repairs.
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £4,005. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £1,505.
    Goal - buy £50 worth of Premium Bonds per month = £0
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 19th Apr 19, 8:03 PM
    • 1,321 Posts
    • 9,668 Thanks
    teafor2
    Thanks Beanie - just need to think of a treat now, which is proving harder than you'd think.

We had a lovely time HG - journey takes less than an hour and the van is all set up and waiting for us so even though we've only been away for 2 nights/3 days it feels a lot longer. I sound like a right miser don't I, but I am a creature of simple needs and my biggest treat this week were the caramel ice-creams - which I sneaked into the weekly shop xx

I really wish I had something I wanted to buy HHD. Actually, we're thinking about moving, we fancy a place by the sea, but not for a few years and my £29 wouldn't buy me much I really feel like having a little splurge on myself, but genuinely can't think of anything I want to buy. Makes me feel a bit of a saddo saying that actually. Everybody should have something they'd really like but I don't I might have a look at stationery but I tend to buy it and then don't use it because all I really do is write household lists and a cheapo notebook does the job xx
    • Homegrown0
    • By Homegrown0 19th Apr 19, 8:07 PM
    • 858 Posts
    • 4,410 Thanks
    Homegrown0
    I'm the same as you at the moment, Tea. I have some birthday money in my purse that I'd like to indulge myself with but i can't for the life of me decide what I'd like to spend it on. I think i'm seeing the value in the money more than i used to, so don't just want to blow it on something unnecessary or that I'll forget in a couple of weeks.

I think it's lovely that your biggest treat was a caramel ice cream Not miserly at all!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,865Posts Today

7,411Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin