Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chaplad
    • By chaplad 24th Nov 18, 12:21 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    chaplad
    NOW TV broadband sign up bonus
    • 24th Nov 18, 12:21 PM
    NOW TV broadband sign up bonus 24th Nov 18 at 12:21 PM
    Hi, I'm hoping that someone can help me with a problem I'm having with NOW TV broadband. When I signed up back at the end of August NOW TV were running a promotion whereby people signing up to their broadband service would receive a 50 gift card. I received an email from NOW TV confirming this and saying that my gift card was "pending" and I would receive an email about this within 60 days. I did not receive an email and when I contacted their customer service team they told me that it wasn't their issue and passed me onto another external email to follow this up. Despite multiple emails to this external department I haven't had a response and NOW TV are claiming that it has nothing to do with this.

The gift card was one of the decisions for going with NOW TV as it made the overall monthly cost cheaper than any other providers for the service we wanted. Has anyone else encountered this problem, or have any advice on the best thing to try and get this sorted? As far as I am concerned this could count on some level as false advertising by NOW TV as they wouldn't have been the cheapest without the gift card.

many thanks
    tim
Page 2
    • green-backer
    • By green-backer 10th Jan 19, 9:55 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    green-backer
    Can only go on my own experience of course but wouldn't go anywhere near NOWTV. The saving was 10 a month compared to the post office so not a small sum to save. Their customer service has been terrible. I have spent more time on the phone with them over the last six weeks than all providers I have had over the last 15 years and that's not an exaggeration.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 10th Jan 19, 10:26 PM
    • 11,607 Posts
    • 12,772 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    Can only go on my own experience of course but wouldn't go anywhere near NOWTV. The saving was 10 a month compared to the post office so not a small sum to save. Their customer service has been terrible. I have spent more time on the phone with them over the last six weeks than all providers I have had over the last 15 years and that's not an exaggeration.
    Originally posted by green-backer
    Fair enough - you CAN only go by your experience.

My experience IS completely different, though. I've not had major problems, and my monthly equivalent cost (after Cashback) is 14.16pm for a 12 month contract for 38 Mbps Fibre. I'm happy with that price (and I can't see me getting anywhere near it next time), and I'm happy with the service. The only real issue was when my Bank re-issued my card with a new number and because Now TV take payment via cards, not normal DDs, the payment failed. It was easy to phone them and sort it out. I don't remember a long wait, or any difficulties with the call centre staff.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • ayrshireblackcat
    • By ayrshireblackcat 13th Jan 19, 8:28 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ayrshireblackcat
    They can't port Talk Talk landlines
    Make sure you check thoroughly because NOW TV can't port Talk Talk landline numbers for some reason. This only became apparent when my confirmation came through,. Nobody in Live Chat new anything about why my order was incorrect and it was only after cancelling the contract and then speaking to NOW TV sales team 24 hours later was I told that for some unknown reason they can't port Talk Talk landlines.
    Last edited by ayrshireblackcat; 13-01-2019 at 8:32 PM.
    • TerriL
    • By TerriL 14th Jan 19, 11:39 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TerriL
    NOW Broadband problem
    We tried to change to NOW broadband because of the voucher and the cost but had numerous problems. First we tried to sign up through this site but it was rejected at the last minute. We then called them and was told we could only get the voucher by doing it online and to try again which we did. This time it went through but changed the deal as soon as I pressed submit, leaving me 60 worse off. I had to call them several times to ensure the order was cancelled properly. I would not go to NOW broadband again.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 14th Jan 19, 12:27 PM
    • 11,607 Posts
    • 12,772 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    Make sure you check thoroughly because NOW TV can't port Talk Talk landline numbers for some reason. This only became apparent when my confirmation came through,. Nobody in Live Chat new anything about why my order was incorrect and it was only after cancelling the contract and then speaking to NOW TV sales team 24 hours later was I told that for some unknown reason they can't port Talk Talk landlines.
    Originally posted by ayrshireblackcat
    They managed to port mine in July 2018, so this must be new.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • litibe
    • By litibe 16th Jan 19, 4:00 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    litibe
    Originally posted by ayrshireblackcat
    This maybe area specific? Just managed to switch from Talktalk to NOWTV Broadband today, after signing up 2 weeks ago. My Talktalk went dead at about 10am, changed to the new Now Hub 2 router and the internet went smoothly. The phone line for some reason did not ring in the first hour, but after that, everything seems to work fine now, and we could use the old Talktalk number! Our Fabfibre Internet speed varies from 28Mb to 37Mb, but I understand it can fluctuate during the first week. Let's hope it'll be a smooth sailing from now, touch wood
    • anovis
    • By anovis 6th Feb 19, 12:19 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    anovis
    NOW TV's infamous 50 Voucher
    I'm one of the many disappointed NOW TV customers who based the decision on the 50 incentive to transfer. Still no 50 Tesco voucher for signing up on this offer for new customers.

There're a large number of NOW customers on NOW TV website in the Community Section complaining about this infamous 50 incentive.

I've been battling since late Oct 18 & still banging my head against the NowTV brickwall and getting nowhere.

Basically, signed up for broadband/phone in late August 2018 & at that early stage elected 50 Tesco voucher; service installed in first week of Sept. In Oct received email saying if voucher option chosen then don't need to do anything & the voucher is on the way.

Since late Oct 18, I've called, emailed, sent tweet messages and still have not got anywhere. Really wanted this in time for Xmas shopping.

Interesting thing is whatever medium I've used to chase this, I've NEVER got any explanation or an apology. It's particularly noticeable on any email communication. All I get is a very stark "it's on its way". No indication of how or when. Definitely no explanation or apology.

On the NOW Community section some one has posted an email address so have sent an email to a third party. No response to that either.

Today (6/2/19) I am still waiting after being told on 30/1/19 for the umpteenth time since late Oct 2018 that the voucher is on its way.

So disappointed - complete lack of response is now more frustrating than not getting the 50 voucher.

At a lose to know what to do now!
    Last edited by anovis; 06-02-2019 at 12:23 PM.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 6th Feb 19, 12:22 PM
    • 3,669 Posts
    • 1,091 Thanks
    AndyPK
    Yeah, it is a 3rd party that does it.

Have you tried the link in the 3rd post?
    • anovis
    • By anovis 6th Feb 19, 12:34 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    anovis
    @ AndyPK Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Yes, just clicked on the link you have provided and it leads to the same form that someone has posted in the NOW Community section.

Sent that off on Monday (4/2/19). No reply as yet but decided to give them a week.

This is the puzzle - would it hurt NOW TV to direct people to relevant team! I have spoken to them 4 times on the phone and they always say "on its way".
    Last edited by anovis; 06-02-2019 at 12:37 PM.
    • anovis
    • By anovis 7th Feb 19, 5:57 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    anovis
    Just as FYI for those still chasing the elusive 50 voucher, I emailed NOW for the umpteenth time on 4/2/19 using the following email addr ......

............ uk-nowtv@awin.com

Today (7/Feb) I've finally got the e-voucher for 50.

This whole process of actually getting hold of this promised voucher has just been so painfull. Have to wonder why they bothered with this offer in the first instances!
    Last edited by anovis; 07-02-2019 at 6:00 PM.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 7th Feb 19, 6:15 PM
    • 3,669 Posts
    • 1,091 Thanks
    AndyPK
    I think that is what a lot of these cashback/voucher people count on.
    Make it so difficult that only the persistent bother to keep chasing
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

432Posts Today

4,502Users online

Martin's Twitter