Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SergeiK
    • By SergeiK 21st Nov 18, 9:05 AM
    • 21Posts
    • 1Thanks
    SergeiK
    Incorrect info on ticket
    • 21st Nov 18, 9:05 AM
    Incorrect info on ticket 21st Nov 18 at 9:05 AM
    Hi, new to forum but appears to be some helpful people on here and hoping you can help me.

I received a parking ticket from a private parking firm, reason because it was paid via a mobile app and incorrect registration entered.

although i have proof of a payment made, predictably their in house appeals rejected our claim.

I've since noticed that although they have named the car park in question the address is incomplete (no road name) and completely incorrect postcode.

I am yet to do an official appeal through the IAS as from what I've read appears to be a waste of time.

i would appreciate peoples views on this

Many thanks
Page 2
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Feb 19, 8:54 PM
    • 14,258 Posts
    • 16,181 Thanks
    KeithP
    If it is not an LBA, then ignore.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Feb 19, 9:45 PM
    • 70,207 Posts
    • 82,782 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    But complain to the ICO that Napier have unfairly refused a 'data rectification notice' about data processed by a phone app agent, where Napier (under KADOE DVLA rules) certainly remain the data controller.

The app is merely a third party method they use to gather data, and they've then used that data against you! So clearly, IMHO, they MUST address a rectification notice.

Now I don't know if the ICO will agree. But it only takes 10 minutes for you to register an online ICO complaint & upload the letters/emails and a screenshot of the phone info and parking sign (where Napier instruct YOU to use their app!) that make your point.

And it would be great of the ICO agree with your concerns about this data handling.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • SergeiK
    • By SergeiK 15th Feb 19, 4:59 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SergeiK
    I'll get on it this weekend, although it's (just) over 3 months since their reply iso might not be interested
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Feb 19, 5:04 PM
    • 70,207 Posts
    • 82,782 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You can report a data concern about a company to the ICO at any time, 3 months is nothing.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • SergeiK
    • By SergeiK 15th Feb 19, 5:08 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SergeiK
    Thanks, tbh their recent reply shows they still continue to process it anyway

I'll keep you posted on the outcome
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Feb 19, 8:24 PM
    • 70,207 Posts
    • 82,782 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Reporting them to the ICO can stop them...and will certainly get them in trouble.
    • Bugsy112
    • By Bugsy112 15th Feb 19, 9:37 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bugsy112
    Similar situation. Completely wrong time on the ticket. By the actual time on the ticket came around I was 30 miles away in a shop using my card. Was from an ncp. How should I proceed
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Feb 19, 10:35 PM
    • 70,207 Posts
    • 82,782 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Welcome!

You need to see my signature below my posts here, and click to the NEWBIES thread.
    • Bugsy112
    • By Bugsy112 16th Feb 19, 5:44 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bugsy112
    Thanks coupon mad. I have been reading your guide and thanks for taking the time to detail how to fight these. My car is leased in my name. Is this the same procedure as if it was owned?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 16th Feb 19, 6:46 AM
    • 6,294 Posts
    • 8,231 Thanks
    waamo
    Thanks coupon mad. I have been reading your guide and thanks for taking the time to detail how to fight these. My car is leased in my name. Is this the same procedure as if it was owned?
    Originally posted by Bugsy112
    There is a paragraph in the first post that details the process for leased vehicles.
    This space for hire.
    • SergeiK
    • By SergeiK 15th Apr 19, 4:59 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SergeiK
    LBC now received. I've read the newbies thread and have a good idea what's next but any further help would be great,

Is it best to email SAR as I thought it's better by post?

Also still waiting for a response from ICO they have emailed me to say basically they are requesting some info from the PPC.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Apr 19, 5:03 PM
    • 14,258 Posts
    • 16,181 Thanks
    KeithP
    Is it best to email SAR as I thought it's better by post?
    Originally posted by SergeiK
    The NEWBIES thread does seem to suggest email is good...
    You can find out where to send the SAR (usually by email) by looking on the Parking firm's PRIVACY webpage...
    Out of interest, what makes you think post is better?
    • SergeiK
    • By SergeiK 15th Apr 19, 5:17 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SergeiK
    Other than the appeal, all correspondence has been by post anything I've sent has proof of postage. But if it's better to send via email that's fine
    • SergeiK
    • By SergeiK 15th Apr 19, 5:46 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SergeiK
    Napier have an SAR form downloadable and an email to send it to, tbh I'm not keen on filling out their form it's asking for documents such as Id or utility bill, which I'm not happy to supply.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Apr 19, 5:53 PM
    • 14,258 Posts
    • 16,181 Thanks
    KeithP
    Do what you think best then.

Of course it goes without saying, you are perfectly free to sent it in a way that you feel comfortable with.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Apr 19, 6:10 PM
    • 70,207 Posts
    • 82,782 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Napier have an SAR form downloadable and an email to send it to, tbh I'm not keen on filling out their form it's asking for documents such as Id or utility bill, which I'm not happy to supply.
    You MUST supply proof that you are the rightful data subject!
    • SergeiK
    • By SergeiK 15th Apr 19, 6:37 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SergeiK
    OK thanks coupon mad, guess I'll have to send them something, I assume I don't have to use their form though?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Apr 19, 6:43 PM
    • 14,258 Posts
    • 16,181 Thanks
    KeithP
    ...I assume I don't have to use their form though?
    That's correct.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Apr 19, 6:45 PM
    • 38,619 Posts
    • 22,562 Thanks
    Quentin
    They aren't asking for anything differently to other companies making sure you are who you say you are when requesting SARs!

If you don't comply then they won't play ball.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Apr 19, 7:25 PM
    • 23,004 Posts
    • 36,522 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    OK thanks coupon mad, guess I'll have to send them something, I assume I don't have to use their form though?
    Donít go sending anything daft like your passport, driving licence or birth certificate. Think identity theft!

A photocopy of the V5C for the relevant vehicle showing your name as the RK should suffice.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,451Posts Today

4,275Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin