Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bbeckk
    • By bbeckk 10th Nov 18, 11:31 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    bbeckk
    Where can i get endowments from???
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:31 PM
    Where can i get endowments from??? 10th Nov 18 at 11:31 PM
    where can i get a non profit and with profit endowment from, i'm doing a assignment but i'm unsure of two different insurance companies i can get them from.
Page 1
    • dimbo61
    • By dimbo61 10th Nov 18, 11:57 PM
    • 10,076 Posts
    • 5,454 Thanks
    dimbo61
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:57 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:57 PM
    Not sure if any insurance company sells endowment polices.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 11th Nov 18, 12:47 AM
    • 95,888 Posts
    • 63,623 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 11th Nov 18, 12:47 AM
    • 11th Nov 18, 12:47 AM
    where can i get a non profit and with profit endowment from
    What do you mean non-profit? Endowments were an investment product and by default subject to investment returns. The term "non-profit endowment" doesn't exist. It would mean a non-investment backed life assurance plan and that would be a whole of life assurance or a term assurance.

i'm doing a assignment but i'm unsure of two different insurance companies i can get them from.
    You cannot. The last mainstream provider of endowments pulled out in 2004. And with profit funds have been in decline and today there are only a handful of providers making them available. And they are typically in unitised with-profits form and not conventional with profits.

Were you given this assignment or did you decide for yourself? It given to you, you may wish to question the validity as endowments started going obsolete by early to mid 90s and hardly any sold after 1998.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • TrickyDicky101
    • By TrickyDicky101 11th Nov 18, 7:44 AM
    • 3,196 Posts
    • 2,106 Thanks
    TrickyDicky101
    • 11th Nov 18, 7:44 AM
    • 11th Nov 18, 7:44 AM
    I seem to recall that non-profit endowments were products that had a guaranteed return value if held to maturity irrespective of the underlying performance of whatever funds the premiums were invested into. The return did not vary (so no investment risk). They were much more expensive than the With Profits (low cost) endowments and hence much less prevalent.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 11th Nov 18, 11:13 AM
    • 95,888 Posts
    • 63,623 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 11th Nov 18, 11:13 AM
    • 11th Nov 18, 11:13 AM
    I seem to recall that non-profit endowments were products that had a guaranteed return value if held to maturity irrespective of the underlying performance of whatever funds the premiums were invested into.
    We used to refer to those as full cost endowments. Whereas the modern versions were low cost endowment. So, it may be a terminology issue.

However, whatever name we use for them, they were gone before the 90s.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,076Posts Today

6,702Users online

Martin's Twitter