Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smi1er
    • By Smi1er 10th Nov 18, 10:53 PM
    • 603Posts
    • 418Thanks
    Smi1er
    Dishwasher - Very cloudy items after wash
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:53 PM
    Dishwasher - Very cloudy items after wash 10th Nov 18 at 10:53 PM
    We have a new Whirlpool (The previous Neff was binned after asking for it's 4th heat pump in less than 3 years).

All good for the first month. Now suddenly all dishes are cloudy, and I mean cloudy. Very cloudy. You can clearly see the white scum. Limescale? Or salty?

Has salt in. Has a decent wash tablet. Help, because at the moment we're using a lot of vinegar to get the stuff and then washing by hand.
Page 1
    • trailingspouse
    • By trailingspouse 10th Nov 18, 11:20 PM
    • 3,021 Posts
    • 4,879 Thanks
    trailingspouse
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:20 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:20 PM
    Rinse aid?
    Filter needs cleaning? Mine needs cleaning about once a month.

Items need a quick rinse beforehand?
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 11th Nov 18, 12:05 AM
    • 7,952 Posts
    • 21,428 Thanks
    EachPenny
    • 11th Nov 18, 12:05 AM
    • 11th Nov 18, 12:05 AM
    +1 for rinse aid.

And also check the instructions to see how the rinse aid is metered - there is often a dial you can use to change the amount dispensed per wash. It might need to be increased if the rinse aid compartment is not empty.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • greyteam1959
    • By greyteam1959 11th Nov 18, 9:05 AM
    • 2,472 Posts
    • 1,140 Thanks
    greyteam1959
    • 11th Nov 18, 9:05 AM
    • 11th Nov 18, 9:05 AM
    Read the instruction book that was provided.
    Set the salt level according to the hardness of your water.
    Adjust the rinse aid.
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 11th Nov 18, 12:42 PM
    • 2,941 Posts
    • 13,518 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    • 11th Nov 18, 12:42 PM
    • 11th Nov 18, 12:42 PM
    We have a new Whirlpool (The previous Neff was binned after asking for it's 4th heat pump in less than 3 years).

All good for the first month. Now suddenly all dishes are cloudy, and I mean cloudy. Very cloudy. You can clearly see the white scum. Limescale? Or salty?

Has salt in. Has a decent wash tablet. Help, because at the moment we're using a lot of vinegar to get the stuff and then washing by hand.
    Originally posted by Smi1er
    Strange after 1 month, is it the type of Granular salt you are using, certainly sounds like hard water, is the machine rinsing OK.
    Hope you get it sorted soon
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
    • Fire Fox
    • By Fire Fox 11th Nov 18, 1:59 PM
    • 23,975 Posts
    • 27,134 Thanks
    Fire Fox
    • 11th Nov 18, 1:59 PM
    • 11th Nov 18, 1:59 PM
    Another vote for working through the maintenance and troubleshooting in the manual.

Also read the instructions on the dishwasher tablets, rinse aid, dishwasher cleaner. Are you using the right wash temperature/ programme type or length for each product?
    What a difference a day makes, twenty four little hours.
    • BargainGalore
    • By BargainGalore 11th Nov 18, 2:11 PM
    • 3,193 Posts
    • 2,777 Thanks
    BargainGalore
    • 11th Nov 18, 2:11 PM
    • 11th Nov 18, 2:11 PM
    As said might need a good clean and filters. I find using washing machine salt helps. I also have a program that washes the machine I just use white distilled vinegar in
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,600Posts Today

4,266Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin