Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Reemi12
    • By Reemi12 10th Nov 18, 9:33 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Reemi12
    Sorry another Gladstone thread but different scenario
    • 10th Nov 18, 9:33 PM
    Sorry another Gladstone thread but different scenario 10th Nov 18 at 9:33 PM
    Hi All,

Looking for some advice please

I received a "Letter Before Claim" letter from a company called Gladstone Solicitors today. I was surprised to see what looked like a parking fine since I don't own a car. I also didn't recognize the car reg number straight away on the letter.

After doing some digging, it turns out the car reg is my brothers car who has been ignoring letters from the Parking company and Gladstone.

I have been trying to figure out why the letter has come to me and I think its to do with my name. Me and my brother share the same surname but we also share one of the same forenames (Mohammed) in our first name which is a very common forename (note I have said Forename not First Name). This isn't the name I use and known by but its part of my legal name. The letter is addressed to Mohammed + Surname which could be any 5 members of my family.

In the letter, they have said " We subsequently carried out a Trace that produced a new address and as such allowed you more additional time..."

Hope that makes sense.

To summarise:
    * I have never owned, driven or have anything to do with the vehicle reg
    * I dont even live in the same city as my brother, so not sure how they found my address.
    * I dont have a car

I have written up a letter which i plan to post on Monday to Gladstone to say this matter does not relate to me and i do not own the car reg. if court proceedings are issued against me i will be vigorously defended by my solicitors and costs will be sought pursuant to crp 27 (14) (g)

Any advice welcome
Page 1
    • Reemi12
    • By Reemi12 10th Nov 18, 10:32 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Reemi12
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:32 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:32 PM
    Any advice please
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Nov 18, 10:50 PM
    • 63,875 Posts
    • 76,531 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:50 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:50 PM
    Already answered you on pepipoo, where I post as SRM:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=124029

Yes that sounds fine.

Do not name the driver (your brother) make them work it out. But warn him to come here, if he gets a claim or LBC shortly. Sounds like he has not updated his address on his V5C for the car, and so the parking firm ended up using TRACE and getting it wrong.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,820Posts Today

6,520Users online

Martin's Twitter