Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SportsFan2018
    • By SportsFan2018 10th Nov 18, 7:34 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SportsFan2018
    UKCPS Cheshire Oaks Fine - Advice
    • 10th Nov 18, 7:34 PM
    UKCPS Cheshire Oaks Fine - Advice 10th Nov 18 at 7:34 PM
    Hi All

Sorry to be a pain but I have been reading other threads and just want some reassurance as I was in the wrong.

My gut instinct even though I was in the wrong is to ignore it, but just want reassurance from someone who has been in the same situation.

I parked in the no parking loading bay in Cheshire Oaks just outside Nandos.

I have been issued a Parking Notice in the POST from UKCPS which has photos of my number plate and picture of my car where is was parked, oops.

Should I just ignore it?

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 10th Nov 18, 7:42 PM
    • 33,852 Posts
    • 39,981 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 10th Nov 18, 7:42 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 7:42 PM
    Does the newbies thread say to ignore ?
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th Nov 18, 8:38 PM
    • 4,692 Posts
    • 6,076 Thanks
    waamo
    • 10th Nov 18, 8:38 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 8:38 PM
    At the top of this board is a thread that tells Newbies to read it first. You need to read it and use the template in it.

Don't skim read it either.
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Nov 18, 8:42 PM
    • 63,870 Posts
    • 76,516 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Nov 18, 8:42 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 8:42 PM
    And then search the forum for the keyword UKCPS to read what others have done, including OF COURSE the first step the NEWBIES thread tells you to do (no, not the appeal, the complaint to the Retail Park FIRST).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Nov 18, 8:50 PM
    • 20,237 Posts
    • 31,923 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Nov 18, 8:50 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 8:50 PM
    Why would anyone park in a 'No Parking/No Loading' bay? Please give us a reason that makes sense.

Why do this especially when private parking vultures are circling - and it's not like they don't warn you? Reading the signs in any private car park is esssential - but reading a prohibiting sign is vital, unless you want months of shiite to deal with. Trouble is, we are being asked to deal with it too!
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 10-11-2018 at 8:53 PM.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Nov 18, 9:19 PM
    • 63,870 Posts
    • 76,516 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Nov 18, 9:19 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 9:19 PM
    I parked in the no parking loading bay
    Do you mean it WAS a loading bay? Probably signed to disallow parking, which means there was no parking licence, and no contract.

No cause of action for them at court, if you come back at that stage when you need us.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • SportsFan2018
    • By SportsFan2018 10th Nov 18, 10:10 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SportsFan2018
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:10 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:10 PM
    Totally agree and more fool me.

Im limited with my walking at the moment due to injury and can only manage about 50 yards maximum.

There was no parking nearby and i was just popping in to collect an order.

Poor excuse I know and if I have to pay fair enough as like I said more fool me.

Just wanted to see if anyone else was as foolish as me!
    • SportsFan2018
    • By SportsFan2018 10th Nov 18, 10:13 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SportsFan2018
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:13 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:13 PM
    Why would anyone park in a 'No Parking/No Loading' bay? Please give us a reason that makes sense.

Why do this especially when private parking vultures are circling - and it's not like they don't warn you? Reading the signs in any private car park is esssential - but reading a prohibiting sign is vital, unless you want months of shiite to deal with. Trouble is, we are being asked to deal with it too!
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Totally agree and more fool me.

Im limited with my walking at the moment due to injury and can only manage about 50 yards maximum.

There was no parking nearby and i was just popping in to collect an order.

Poor excuse I know and if I have to pay fair enough as like I said more fool me.

Just wanted to see if anyone else was as foolish as me!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Nov 18, 10:16 PM
    • 63,870 Posts
    • 76,516 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:16 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:16 PM
    No-one is telling you to pay this scam.

You were loading then, so:

Do you mean it WAS a loading bay?
    Can you get some pics of the sign at that bay? It will help your case & help us to advise you.
    • SportsFan2018
    • By SportsFan2018 10th Nov 18, 10:19 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SportsFan2018
    Sorry I think its no parking as saved as a loading bag!

Not sure if that makes sense, sorry.

Will look at that newbies document properly tomorrow.

Thanks for your advice
    • SportsFan2018
    • By SportsFan2018 10th Nov 18, 10:21 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SportsFan2018
    Will try and get a photo this week 😃

In the letter it says we invited you to pay.... and also states that it is not a penalty.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Nov 18, 10:25 PM
    • 20,237 Posts
    • 31,923 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    and also states that it is not a penalty.
    Standard statement. Private Parking Companies cannot issue 'penalties' (in the true legal sense). Nothing to hang a hat on.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • SportsFan2018
    • By SportsFan2018 10th Nov 18, 10:33 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SportsFan2018
    Thanks for your help will try and get more info this week if that’s ok.

Will also look again at the newbies just when i looked originally didn’t notice someone parking is a no parking area. but will double check
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Nov 18, 10:45 PM
    • 63,870 Posts
    • 76,516 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Will also look again at the newbies just when i looked originally didn’t notice someone parking is a no parking area. but will double check
    Originally posted by SportsFan2018
    No...

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75024318#post75024318

Why do people spend ''hours'' reading the sticky hoping to see something about ''their case''?!!

• waamo
    • By waamo 10th Nov 18, 10:52 PM
    • 4,692 Posts
    • 6,076 Thanks
    waamo
    Will try and get a photo this week 😃

In the letter it says we invited you to pay.... and also states that it is not a penalty.
    Originally posted by SportsFan2018
    If your going again the Gap store is closing and most stuff is half price. See you even get shopping tips here.

Mind the building work though.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,553Posts Today

5,344Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin