Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • danaw1987
    • By danaw1987 10th Nov 18, 7:18 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    danaw1987
    BW legal - action letter advise please
    • 10th Nov 18, 7:18 PM
    BW legal - action letter advise please 10th Nov 18 at 7:18 PM
    Hello everyone,
    Sorry I am new to this forum so apologies if I have posted this incorrectly.

I have received a letter from BW legal advised that we have 30 days to get back to them to either accept the invoice/ debt or dispute it and if we dont they may ask for a county court date. CCJ I believe it's called.
    So far we have ignored the letters from a parking invoice received as well as BW legal as the letters have been addressed to my maiden name when the DVLA records should be showing in my married name. I presume a cross over in the post as it all happened around the same time.

I did park in the car park but rather than be there for 4 hours as they have stated I actually went in and purchased something and then returned 4 hours later as I had forgotten to get something. The CCTV however did only capture me driving in the first time and leaving after the second visit.

I am not entirely sure what to write in this letter to BW legal apart from saying I do not accept the invoice and debt as I was not parked there for 4 hours.
    I presume they can just check CCTV for this?
    Do I also mention that the letter have been ignored / thrown away previously as they were sent to the "wrong person"?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I have seen templates on this site to address this letter but don't understand half of the stuff mentioned in them.
    I have however checked the (I think it was the popla) where it states that the ticket needs to be issued before the car leaves the car park in question but maybe I have misunderstood this?

many thanks,
    Dana

However I presume that I now will need to dispute the invoice but would
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Nov 18, 11:19 PM
    • 63,872 Posts
    • 76,518 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:19 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:19 PM
    I am not entirely sure what to write in this letter to BW legal apart from saying I do not accept the invoice and debt as I was not parked there for 4 hours.
    Explain where you were in between and state that you require their client to check their ANPR (not 'CCTV') for the car leaving and then re-entering the car park, as it did.

I presume they can just check CCTV for this?
    Not CCTV, ANPR - yes, the parking firm can check.

Do I also mention that the letter have been ignored / thrown away previously as they were sent to the "wrong person"?
    No, but show the parking firm a copy of your marriage certificate and tell them you require them to rectify the old data (maiden name) and to send you copies of ALL letters they purport were sent, and all photos taken, and all data held. Tell the parking firm the same thing you told the solicitor - that the PCN was ignored because they are mistaken - this was two visits, a well known ANPR failure. Ask their Data Protection Officer (DPO) to check all ANPR images in between, find your car and cancel the PCN.

Use the email address for their DPO, on the parking firm's Privacy page. Do that NOW, Sunday, online to the parking firm.

Which parking firm?

BTW, if you think you updated your new name on your car V5C at the DVLA...oh no you haven't! If you changed your driving licence name that is a separate thing entirely and DOES NOT update your car ownership/registered keeper data - do that as well!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 10-11-2018 at 11:22 PM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 11th Nov 18, 9:55 AM
    • 10,567 Posts
    • 10,402 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 11th Nov 18, 9:55 AM
    • 11th Nov 18, 9:55 AM
    For how much are they asking?

We know these events as "double dip", read this

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5550336.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • danaw1987
    • By danaw1987 11th Nov 18, 3:35 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    danaw1987
    • 11th Nov 18, 3:35 PM
    • 11th Nov 18, 3:35 PM
    just under £260 if it goes to court or £124 if I pay now. apparently the original fine was £60
    • danaw1987
    • By danaw1987 11th Nov 18, 3:39 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    danaw1987
    • 11th Nov 18, 3:39 PM
    • 11th Nov 18, 3:39 PM
    Thanks I will ask them to check this. Hope their ANPR goes this far back and send them a copy of the marriage certificate.
    Hmmm now you are asking. I changed the name on the V5C earlier on this year around the time I was apparently parked in there. My driving license name was changed in March 2017.
    I presume they would have gone with the one on the V5C?
    Having checked with boots yesterday apparently the parking provider changed about 1 month ago and is now UKCP but I donít know who it would have been before that. I think it was NCP but not 100% sure. I guess I will find out when they resend all of the letters to me so I can email their DPO.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,635Posts Today

8,010Users online

Martin's Twitter