Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Firsttimer14
    • By Firsttimer14 10th Nov 18, 6:13 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Firsttimer14
    Can I get a mortgage working for an Agency
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:13 PM
    Can I get a mortgage working for an Agency 10th Nov 18 at 6:13 PM
    Hi guys,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, I am new here

Hereís the back story,

Me and my partner are saving for our first house. We have our 5% deposit already and will be using the GOV 20% equity loan to enhance our deposit. We have had an affordability check and soft credit check and all went through great.

I have now been offered a new job, on almost twice my salary and plenty more opportunity for personal career growth and overtime! The only issue is it will be via agency until the permanent position is available. I have been assured this will be in my contract to help give me a leg to stand on when applying.

We will be applying for our DIP before January to reserve the house and will need another DIP when this expires as we are taking the Mortgage out on completion of the house (itís a new build) which will be around August time.

Will changing employers from full time permanent to full time agency (open ended contract) harm my mortgage applications despite the high raise in pay and the fact I will be permanent once a position becomes available.

I understand this is a hard one but if anyone can help thatís great!

Cheers
Page 1
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 10th Nov 18, 6:32 PM
    • 5,149 Posts
    • 3,276 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:32 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:32 PM
    lenders only go on the now, it will have to reflected in your current pay or letter from employer. Get a broker to get the best lender matched to you
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"
    • LRmortgage
    • By LRmortgage 10th Nov 18, 10:17 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    LRmortgage
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:17 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:17 PM
    I hate to be negative, but I think you will struggle with this, a lot of Lenders will want a 12 month track record of working for the Agency before they will accept the income towards affordability.

Get a Broker on this for you ASAP.
    • Firsttimer14
    • By Firsttimer14 11th Nov 18, 6:39 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Firsttimer14
    • 11th Nov 18, 6:39 PM
    • 11th Nov 18, 6:39 PM
    Thank you for your reply. Not negative at all I am completely in agreement, I am seeing my broker a week tomorrow so hopefully some clarity with arise from it!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

271Posts Today

4,179Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin