Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ev8
    • By ev8 10th Nov 18, 6:00 PM
    • 124Posts
    • 46Thanks
    ev8
    PIP review form and delaying it
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:00 PM
    PIP review form and delaying it 10th Nov 18 at 6:00 PM
    Hello all. I have received my PIP review form today. I expected it to come sooner or later, but still, I'm a little worried about it.

I was wondering if I could ask them to delay it until January?
    I was give a three year award which ends November 2019, next year.

Every year the end of the year is really hard for me, I get extremely depressed and find it very hard to cope with everything and I sink quite low. The forms are due in on Dec 8th and the thought of having Christmas and a possible face to face assessment days before the Christmas break, I just don't feel I can cope with.

Does anyone know if they ever postpone it, but it would still be before the three year award has ended?

Thanks.
Page 1
    • ev8
    • By ev8 10th Nov 18, 6:02 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    ev8
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:02 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:02 PM
    Forgot to add, that I was awarded the higher level on both accounts and not really anything has changed, I just have a new name for the problems I did have.
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 10th Nov 18, 6:05 PM
    • 940 Posts
    • 651 Thanks
    calcotti
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:05 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:05 PM
    They will usually give you a two week extension to the normal four weeks. I consider it very unlikely you will be able to delay it beyond that.

If you are returning the forms in late November/early January it is very unlikely that you would have a face to face until January or February (or later).
    Last edited by calcotti; 10-11-2018 at 6:10 PM.
    • Alice Holt
    • By Alice Holt 10th Nov 18, 6:09 PM
    • 2,570 Posts
    • 2,962 Thanks
    Alice Holt
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:09 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:09 PM
    Wouldn't advise that course of action. It could result in your claim ending.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/fill-in-form/

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/help-with-your-pip-review-form/
    "You must send the form back by the date given on the front page - if you don’t, your PIP might stop."
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
    • ev8
    • By ev8 11th Nov 18, 9:59 AM
    • 124 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    ev8
    • 11th Nov 18, 9:59 AM
    • 11th Nov 18, 9:59 AM
    I may have to ask for the two weeks extension then.

I have no idea what I'm doing with this form, there are absolutely no resources I can see that help with the form.
    I don't know if you are supposed to put not much at all if there's no change, or say no change and then explain exactly what you did in the first PIP forms.

There is very little space to write anything in at all.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 11th Nov 18, 10:03 AM
    • 3,810 Posts
    • 3,632 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 11th Nov 18, 10:03 AM
    • 11th Nov 18, 10:03 AM

I have no idea what I'm doing with this form, there are absolutely no resources I can see that help with the form.
    I don't know if you are supposed to put not much at all if there's no change, or say no change and then explain exactly what you did in the first PIP forms.

Originally posted by ev8
    You need to put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. If there's no change, state this but don't just leave the rest blank. If you need more space then use separate paper.

Don't forget to send evidence to support your claim and expect another face to face assessment as most have them. Good luck.
    • _shel
    • By _shel 11th Nov 18, 10:04 AM
    • 1,626 Posts
    • 2,841 Thanks
    _shel
    • 11th Nov 18, 10:04 AM
    • 11th Nov 18, 10:04 AM

Originally posted by ev8
    Don't just write no change. Write a little about how your condition effects you. Assume the person assessing won't look at your previous form. Use separate sheets of paper if necessary.
    • ev8
    • By ev8 11th Nov 18, 10:30 AM
    • 124 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    ev8
    • 11th Nov 18, 10:30 AM
    • 11th Nov 18, 10:30 AM
    Honestly, there's no room at all on the form, everything will have to be on additional papers because there's really no room for any explanation at all.

Can I use a copy of my medical for my first award of PIP? The summery said that my prognosis was unlikely to change or improve and it hasn't if anything certain things are worse.
    • _shel
    • By _shel 11th Nov 18, 10:45 AM
    • 1,626 Posts
    • 2,841 Thanks
    _shel
    • 11th Nov 18, 10:45 AM
    • 11th Nov 18, 10:45 AM
    Yes use the old medical as evidence and send any other up to date evidencebyou have. If worse say so, that's what the spaces are for.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 11th Nov 18, 11:18 AM
    • 3,810 Posts
    • 3,632 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Honestly, there's no room at all on the form, everything will have to be on additional papers because there's really no room for any explanation at all.
    Originally posted by ev8
    There's 3 lines for each question, so 6 lines in total for each descriptor. I have a PIP review form here for my daughter. There's also space on the back to add any extra information. It's very little space, i agree and extra paper should be used, if needed.

For those who are expecting a PIP review, the forms have changed since the last time i had a PIP review 2 years ago. The tick boxes no longer exist.
    • ev8
    • By ev8 11th Nov 18, 11:31 AM
    • 124 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    ev8
    There's 3 lines for each question, so 6 lines in total for each descriptor. I have a PIP review form here for my daughter. There's also space on the back to add any extra information. It's very little space, i agree and extra paper should be used, if needed.

For those who are expecting a PIP review, the forms have changed since the last time i had a PIP review 2 years ago. The tick boxes no longer exist.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    That's the trouble, there's so little about them online because they've changed them.

The boxes are also very close together, so there's no room around the question to write anything. It lends itself to not writing anything and just saying 'no change' but I felt that it might be a bit of a trap or misleading, if you get what I'm saying.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 11th Nov 18, 11:45 AM
    • 3,810 Posts
    • 3,632 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Personally, i think they're much better than the previous review forms because it asks you the additional questions, even though the space is limited. I don't think it's a trap or misleading when the questions are there. To be honest, there's not much space on the PIP2 forms either.

If you state "no change" and write nothing else for the other questions then you'll be guaranteed another face to face assessment. Most people have them i know but the more information you write the better.
    • ev8
    • By ev8 11th Nov 18, 12:06 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    ev8
    I just felt there was a lot less space compared to on the PIP form, the questions are also very close together, there's just not a lot of space to write.

Maybe not a trick, but it doesn't lend itself to elaborating and it would be easy to think you don't have to write anything and just say it's about the same instead of explaining how you did in your initial forms and in as much detail.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 11th Nov 18, 12:15 PM
    • 3,810 Posts
    • 3,632 Thanks
    poppy12345
    However you look at it, the forms have to be returned by the date stated, unless you ask for a 14 day extension. Which ever way you choose to fill it out is your choice and no one can force you to write all the information down. If you write all the information down and there's not enough space then you'll need to use extra paper and there's no other way of doing it.
    • ev8
    • By ev8 11th Nov 18, 12:21 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    ev8
    I will use extra sheets of paper, as I have done on other forms, I don't feel as if anyone should need to force me, I was just after some advice.

The way it's spaced out and they ask if anything has changed, I just wasn't sure if I actually had to write it as I did my initial claim and in as much detail or write them presuming they have the previous forms and if you say no change they will look at them.

I was just wondering what's the best way to fill them out, there is very little information about them online.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 11th Nov 18, 12:22 PM
    • 3,810 Posts
    • 3,632 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Maybe not a trick, but it doesn't lend itself to elaborating and it would be easy to think you don't have to write anything and just say it's about the same instead of explaining how you did in your initial forms and in as much detail.
    Originally posted by ev8
    If that's how you choose to fill the form in instead of answering the questions then i'll wish you good luck.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 11th Nov 18, 12:25 PM
    • 3,810 Posts
    • 3,632 Thanks
    poppy12345
    I will use extra sheets of paper, as I have done on other forms, I don't feel as if anyone should need to force me, I was just after some advice.
    Originally posted by ev8
    Who's forced you? I don't see any advice from anyone telling you this!

You came here asking if you can delay your review, you can't as advised. How you fill the form in is completely your choice.
    • ev8
    • By ev8 11th Nov 18, 12:49 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    ev8
    Who's forced you? I don't see any advice from anyone telling you this!

You came here asking if you can delay your review, you can't as advised. How you fill the form in is completely your choice.
    You said nobody can force me into filling in the form and writing the information down.

I was stating I don't need to be forced, I was just asking about it, I wasn't being difficult, but your reply was 'nobody can force you' I wasn't saying I wasn't going to provide information.
    • ev8
    • By ev8 11th Nov 18, 12:52 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    ev8
    If that's how you choose to fill the form in instead of answering the questions then i'll wish you good luck.
    This is why I am asking, isn't it?

The form does ask if it's the same, I would assume there will be many people who do fill it out as simply saying there's no difference and leave it at that.

I didn't feel this was right, and that's why I've asked for advice.

As I said, there is very limited advice online about these forms, and very limited space on the forms, I will provide a lot of detail, however I was only asking how best to fill them in.

My opening post said how my mental health suffers so much more at this time of year and I am second guessing myself and very anxious about it all. I'm only asking for advice.
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 11th Nov 18, 12:59 PM
    • 940 Posts
    • 651 Thanks
    calcotti
    This is why I am asking, isn't it?

The form does ask if it's the same, I would assume there will be many people who do fill it out as simply saying there's no difference and leave it at that.

I didn't feel this was right, and that's why I've asked for advice.

As I said, there is very limited advice online about these forms, and very limited space on the forms, I will provide a lot of detail, however I was only asking how best to fill them in.

My opening post said how my mental health suffers so much more at this time of year and I am second guessing myself and very anxious about it all. I'm only asking for advice.
    Originally posted by ev8
    You are right to seek advice. I agree that the forms do imply that if you simply write "There has been no change" that would be enough. However i have seen PIP renewals refused on this basis and the grounds that all the medical evidence was a couple of years old.

If you have a copy of the last PIP2 you submitted use this as a reference. You can then write something like "There has been no change. I still have difficulty ..... and I need help with ......"
    You should send any new medical evidence even if it is only confirmation of what was previously known but on a more recent letter.

There is no right or wrong way of doing this but I think the general view is that you can't rely on the DWP to join the dots so it's better to tell them everything again.

If you use additional paper remember to put your name and NI number on them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

363Posts Today

3,508Users online

Martin's Twitter